• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Dabura

2/20 Caca 4 Kakko GDT - Blackhawks @ Red Wings - 7:30 PM ET (NBCSN)

Rate this topic

6 hours ago, Mckinley25 said:

That is a really good song!!!

Thanks! Just a throwaway demo. I kind of wish I'd gotten into a studio to do some proper recordings while I was still on my "Maybe I could do music for a living" kick, but I realized I couldn't do music for a living and so my body of work is just a few dozen demos. Sad!

Edited by Dabura

Tank Watch:

https://www.nhl.com/standings/2018/league

Wings are back in the bottom three! Kings are 2 points below with one game in hand. Sens are 5 points below with one game in hand.

I'm thinking we can probably rule out a last-place finish for the Wings. The Sens are a mess and they're very likely going to be losing at least one of their core players; their tank game is simply stronger than ours. Moving Howard might give us an honest shot, but I'm assuming Howard stays.

P.S. F*** the Oilers. What an absolute joke of an organization.

42 minutes ago, Dabura said:

Tank Watch:

Wings are back in the bottom three! Kings are 2 points below with one game in hand. Sens are 5 points below with one game in hand.

I'm thinking we can probably rule out a last-place finish for the Wings. The Sens are a mess and they're very likely going to be losing at least one of their core players; their tank game is simply stronger than ours. Moving Howard might give us an honest shot, but I'm assuming Howard stays.

Agree the tank is strong with Ottawa and to think that will result in them not even getting the pick. Although LA is doing a massive job of tankage having lost 5 in a row! 

I am still hoping for a "strong" showing from us after the deadline especially if Jimmy gets traded. Hopefully Bernier leads us to the promised land of high draft picks. If we can get into the 2nd spot worse case we pick 5th so I am hanging my hat on that.  I prefer to increase my odds as much as possible so prefer 2nd vs 3rd.

Crap part is NJ plays Sens tomorrow so we need that to go to OT min. Head to heads like that are going to be rough coming down the stretch. 

Yeah, it's amazing how terrible Ottawa have been this season, especially knowing they don't own their 1st round pick. I think they're really going to regret taking Tkatchuk last year, despite how well he's been playing.

33 minutes ago, AtlantaHotWings said:

Crap part is NJ plays Sens tomorrow so we need that to go to OT min. Head to heads like that are going to be rough coming down the stretch. 

Those head to head matchups between two fellow tankers are what we need more of. One of those s*** teams are guaranteed 2 points, with the potential for a 3 point game.

I don't want to lose the rest of the games this season, and I'll be cheering for them to win every game, but I'll be cheering just as hard for Ottawa, Los Angeles, New Jersey and Edmonton to win...

But yeah, I am hoping Holland can trade some key pieces to help our 2019 draft in acquiring picks, and bettering our draft position.

11 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Yeah, it's amazing how terrible Ottawa have been this season, especially knowing they don't own their 1st round pick. I think they're really going to regret taking Tkatchuk last year, despite how well he's been playing.

Those head to head matchups between two fellow tankers are what we need more of. One of those s*** teams are guaranteed 2 points, with the potential for a 3 point game.

I don't want to lose the rest of the games this season, and I'll be cheering for them to win every game, but I'll be cheering just as hard for Ottawa, Los Angeles, New Jersey and Edmonton to win...

But yeah, I am hoping Holland can trade some key pieces to help our 2019 draft in acquiring picks, and bettering our draft position.

It realllllllly blows that they changed the lottery format. Of course they just HAD to do it as the Wings entered their Suck Phase. And they just HAD to wait until the Leafs got their Sacred Calf before changing the odds. Bulls***!!!!! :lol:

13 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

It realllllllly blows that they changed the lottery format. Of course they just HAD to do it as the Wings entered their Suck Phase. And they just HAD to wait until the Leafs got their Sacred Calf before changing the odds. Bulls***!!!!! :lol:

The only thing that changed from the 2016 (Matthews) draft to the 2019 (Hughes) draft, as far as I know, is the last place team went from having a 20% chance at 1st overall to an 18.5% chance. And that was only due to the added team (Vegas) in 2018. I think in 2014 the odds were something like 25% for the last place team getting the number one pick.

3 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

The only thing that changed from the 2016 (Matthews) draft to the 2019 (Hughes) draft, as far as I know, is the last place team went from having a 20% chance at 1st overall to an 18.5% chance. And that was only due to the added team (Vegas) in 2018. I think in 2014 the odds were something like 25% for the last place team getting the number one pick.

EXACTLY WHAT I SAID!!!! (my bad :lol:)

18 minutes ago, Rick D said:

LGRW!!

BTW, what is AA doing on such a poor line? Get him away from the grinders, and up top with some real talent so we can see full capability.

Showcasing Gus is the goal.....

thus getting a better draft pick for him....

thus improving us....

Kenny and Blash sooo tricky!! I do question why Gus isn't on the top line to be showcased

Nice to see Abdelkader on an appropriate line. Athanasiou on the third line makes zero sense. Rasmussen may be a healthy scratch tonight for Ehn. They're considering sending him down to juniors so that he can play in the AHL playoffs. Really confused as to why Nyquist isn't on the top line to showcase him and hopefully move him. There is no reason to keep him beyond this season, especially since you'd be banking on him having this kind of production continue, which is very risky.

6 hours ago, Dabura said:

Tank Watch:

Ottawa should be trying hard NOT to tank since they don't even own their 1st round pick.

2 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Nyquist isn't on the top line because any team that would be trading for him, would want him as a depth winger, and they want to see if he can still produce without Larkin, with schmucks like Nielsen and Vanek... 

Makes sense.

If I didn't see the Hockeytown logo... I wouldn't know by this broadcast that we are playing at home....

5 minutes ago, Dabura said:

lol, there goes Jimmy's trade value. Chicago takes the lead early. 0-1.

Perhaps he doesn't want to get traded.  I don't want that either