• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Dabura

Nick Jensen + 2019 5th Round Pick (BUF) Traded to WSH for Madison Bowey + 2020 2nd Round Pick

Rate this topic

Finally Zadina is in the top 6. Can't wait to see what he can do with elite power forward Luke Glendening.

I suspect Yzerman was keeping Bowey on the team to make an attractive piece of trade bait. But he is just too awful at this point that it's actually hurting his value. It's not Seider time yet, but the age of McIlrath-Biega is upon us.

1 minute ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Finally Zadina is in the top 6. Can't wait to see what he can do with elite power forward Luke Glendening.

I suspect Yzerman was keeping Bowey on the team to make an attractive piece of trade bait. But he is just too awful at this point that it's actually hurting his value. It's not Seider time yet, but the age of McIlrath-Biega is upon us.

Blash is just trolling. Helm-Nielsen-Erne will play more minutes

1 hour ago, marcaractac said:

As much as I'm dying to see Seider, I say wait for the last 9 games of the season. No need to burn a year on this disaster. 

I say burn it. One less year on his ELC would likely be a good thing. That is, if he's as good as we all think and hope he will be...

Bowey hasn't been great by any stretch, and I may be in the minority, but I still like him more than Biega at this point. He's much better offensively, and not a whole lot (if at all) worse defensively.

3 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

I say burn it. One less year on his ELC would likely be a good thing. That is, if he's as good as we all think and hope he will be...

Like what's the point of keeping the extra ELC year anyway? Are we gonna be competitive and need the cap space that year? No, so fuq it.

Seider would instantly make our D a lot better, with the occasional hiccup from a rookie, but again, fuq it. We can afford hiccups right now. Bowey, Biega, Daley, Ericsson, McIlrath shouldn't even be on an NHL squad themselves...

11 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Bowey hasn't been great by any stretch, and I may be in the minority, but I still like him more than Biega at this point. He's much better offensively, and not a whole lot (if at all) worse defensively.

2 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Like what's the point of keeping the extra ELC year anyway? Are we gonna be competitive and need the cap space that year? No, so fuq it.

Seider would instantly make our D a lot better, with the occasional hiccup from a rookie, but again, fuq it. We can afford hiccups right now. Bowey, Biega, Daley, Ericsson, McIlrath shouldn't even be on an NHL squad themselves...

Counter. What's the point of bringing him up to Detroit this year for more than 9 games? 

Also, Bowey sux azzzz

6 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

I don't really want him up at all this season because the Red Wings are a disaster right now, but then again, the Griffins haven't been much better...

3 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Counter. What's the point of bringing him up to Detroit this year for more than 9 games? 

Like I said, to burn a year of his ELC... Get him one year closer restricted free agency, and lock him up long term at a team friendly deal before he breaks out and destroys the league...

5 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Also, Bowey sux azzzz

Name a defenseman on our team (besides Hronek and Nemeth) that doesn't suck azzzz...

1 minute ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Also, Bowey sux azzzz

Because I NEED new products!

3ss6XO0.jpg

But beyond my own selfishness, I think he can handle it. I don't think it will ruin him, and may be a net positive for his career and for us for him to begin adjusting to the NHL early.

21 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

How would that be a good thing?we think(hope) he’ll be amazing but we have no need to rush this kid ... we f***en suck and even if he comes and helps us end up with 5 more wins cause of some his plays how would that benefit us ? We need to be at the bottom 1/2 come 2020 draft would be perfect but at the very least 1-4 , last we need is to fall to 7th

id let him play with grand rapids and hopefully help them in a long playoff push and get him ready with some other guys for next season , f*** even send zadina down hes wasting away with the wings with the linemates hes getting

3 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

How would that be a good thing?we think(hope) he’ll be amazing but we have no need to rush this kid ... we f***en suck and even if he comes and helps us end up with 5 more wins cause of some his plays how would that benefit us ? We need to be at the bottom 1/2 come 2020 draft would be perfect but at the very least 1-4 , last we need is to fall to 7th

id let him play with grand rapids and hopefully help them in a long playoff push and get him ready with some other guys for next season , f*** even send zadina down hes wasting away with the wings with the linemates hes getting

Like I said, I don't want Seider to play in Detroit because of how terrible things are right now, and I agree, same applies to Zadina. However, I would like to burn that first year of his ELC, and the only way to do that is for him to play 10 games.

If Seider is as good as advertised, burning the first year of his ELC could be a major benefit to this team. And again, same applies to Zadina. Get them their games. Get them closer to restricted free agency and lock them up a year sooner to long term, team friendly deals.

11 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Like I said, I don't want Seider to play in Detroit because of how terrible things are right now, and I agree, same applies to Zadina. However, I would like to burn that first year of his ELC, and the only way to do that is for him to play 10 games.

If Seider is as good as advertised, burning the first year of his ELC could be a major benefit to this team. And again, same applies to Zadina. Get them their games. Get them closer to restricted free agency and lock them up a year sooner to long term, team friendly deals.

I think either way when his contract ends in 3 years he’ll be one of the type of guys yzerman will lock in for 8 years which means we’d have him till like 30 and at a reasonable cap hit so im not too worried , i just dont wanna risk ******* him up cause we can’t afford it

we need seider to be a star first pairing dman badly .... id be more concerned in getting team friendly deals with bertuzzi/mantha type guys now , getting bert at 4-4.5 x6/7 , maybe a kyle connor type of deal for mantha + cap going up i think we’ll be fine. Stevie knows for his days in detroit that the team will need good cap hits to keep everyone together and actually have a good long run

41 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

I don't really want him up at all this season because the Red Wings are a disaster right now, but then again, the Griffins haven't been much better...

Like I said, to burn a year of his ELC... Get him one year closer restricted free agency, and lock him up long term at a team friendly deal before he breaks out and destroys the league...

Name a defenseman on our team (besides Hronek and Nemeth) that doesn't suck azzzz...

But Bowey sucks the most. 

Edit: let me rephrase. His games played amount vs suckage factor is through the roof. No one who sucks like he sucks played nearly as much as he has. It sucked to watch. Sucks

Edited by The 91 of Ryans

37 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

I think either way when his contract ends in 3 years he’ll be one of the type of guys yzerman will lock in for 8 years which means we’d have him till like 30 and at a reasonable cap hit so im not too worried , i just dont wanna risk ******* him up cause we can’t afford it

we need seider to be a star first pairing dman badly .... id be more concerned in getting team friendly deals with bertuzzi/mantha type guys now , getting bert at 4-4.5 x6/7 , maybe a kyle connor type of deal for mantha + cap going up i think we’ll be fine. Stevie knows for his days in detroit that the team will need good cap hits to keep everyone together and actually have a good long run

Regardless what happens with Seider this season, he will most definitely be up full time next season. Let's say he has this sort of production the next three seasons...

2020-21 (19 years old) - 20 points

2021-22 (20 years old) - 30 points

2022-23 (21 years old) - 50 points

Would you prefer to negotiate his next long term contract after two full seasons? Or three fulls seasons? Sliding ELC's is what teams up against the cap should be doing. Not rebuilding teams with a s*** to of cap space. 

Again, if we think this kid is the real deal (I do), get him up for those 10 games, burn that first year and get him closer to restricted free agency.

41 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

But Bowey sucks the most. 

Edit: let me rephrase. His games played amount vs suckage factor is through the roof. No one who sucks like he sucks played nearly as much as he has. It sucked to watch. Sucks

Except for the fact that Bowey has not sucked the most... If we move on from Bowey after this season, whatever, but it better not be in favor of a way past his prime, equally s***ty defenseman. Same applies now, but whatever...

3 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Except for the fact that Bowey has not sucked the most... If we move on from Bowey after this season, whatever, but it better not be in favor of a way past his prime, equally s***ty defenseman. Same applies now, but whatever...

Hronek
Dekeyser
Nemeth
Green
Biega
Daley
McIlrath
Cholowski
Ericsson
Bowey
Hicketts

In that order

Change my mind

18 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Name me a worse defensemen on this team who has played more games this season than Bowey. 

44 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Regardless what happens with Seider this season, he will most definitely be up full time next season. Let's say he has this sort of production the next three seasons...

2020-21 (19 years old) - 20 points

2021-22 (20 years old) - 30 points

2022-23 (21 years old) - 50 points

Would you prefer to negotiate his next long term contract after two full seasons? Or three fulls seasons? Sliding ELC's is what teams up against the cap should be doing. Not rebuilding teams with a s*** to of cap space. 

Again, if we think this kid is the real deal (I do), get him up for those 10 games, burn that first year and get him closer to restricted free agency.

Either way though if he’s not getting the money he thinks he can get he wont sign it if his contract is up earlier , im sure agents have seen what happend with mackinnon,gaudreau,marchand etc... and have learned and something about seider tells me he’d be willing to bank on himself and take a shorter deal if he feels hes getting short changed, i dont think we’d get him at something like say 4 mill x8 

even if your right and he gets those numbers as you stated what do you think his longterm deal would be ?5-7 per? Its one season of 50 pts , if we were able to get him at 7/8 years at 7 per and hes a future top pairing dman i dont think any of us would complain , i wont get pissed if he plays more than 10 but i dont think its a necessity.

Im more concerned in building the future around him with reasonable prices for guys like mantha/bertuzzi/larkin , dont wanna be the next leafs with 4 superstars paid like crazy and the rest of team is making under a mill

Edited by nyqvististhefuture

10 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Either way though if he’s not getting the money he thinks he can get he wont sign it if his contract is up earlier , im sure agents have seen what happend with mackinnon,gaudreau,marchand etc... and have learned and something about seider tells me he’d be willing to bank on himself and take a shorter deal if he feels hes getting short changed, i dont think we’d get him at something like say 4 mill x8 

even if your right and he gets those numbers as you stated what do you think his longterm deal would be ?5-7 per? Its one season of 50 pts , if we were able to get him at 7/8 years at 7 per and hes a future top pairing dman i dont think any of us would complain , i wont get pissed if he plays more than 10 but i dont think its a necessity.

Im more concerned in building the future around him with reasonable prices for guys like mantha/bertuzzi/larkin , dont wanna be the next leafs with 4 superstars paid like crazy and the rest of team is making under a mill

This is gonna sound crazy, maybe even seditious or radical... But Bertuzzi and Mantha's contracts have nothing to do with Seider's, and Larkin is locked in for another 3+ years and has no bearing in the conversation.

There. I said it.

49 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Name me a worse defensemen on this team who has played more games this season than Bowey. 

What does more games have to do with anything? You think Biega should get a pass because he's played less games? You think Daley should get a pass because he's a broken bag of bones?

29 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

I'm not even sure what you're arguing at this point... Yeah, keep Seider down. Don't burn the year of his ELC. Don't worry about that contract, because we need to be worried about other contracts...

4 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

What does more games have to do with anything? You think Biega should get a pass because he's played less games? You think Daley should get a pass because he's a broken bag of bones?

I don't think Biega and Daley get a pass bc they played less games, I think they get a pass bc they're both better Dmen than Madison Bowey. Yzerman seems to agree at this point.