• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Dabura

Nick Jensen + 2019 5th Round Pick (BUF) Traded to WSH for Madison Bowey + 2020 2nd Round Pick

Rate this topic

8 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

What does more games have to do with anything? You think Biega should get a pass because he's played less games? You think Daley should get a pass because he's a broken bag of bones?

I'm not even sure what you're arguing at this point... Yeah, keep Seider down. Don't burn the year of his ELC. Don't worry about that contract, because we need to be worried about other contracts...

Not arguing , Just stating i dont think whether he plays now and burns a year off his entry contract or plays next season will have that much of a bearing on his next contract he signs ... we shall see 

as for the other guys i just said id want to get mantha/bert locked longterm at good numbers which i think would be better for the long run for the team than say mantha extending one year and pops 50 next year and demands 10 per .... anyways

11 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

I don't think Biega and Daley get a pass bc they played less games, I think they get a pass bc they're both better Dmen than Madison Bowey. Yzerman seems to agree at this point.

Yeah, that was just in response to 91's comment about "worse defenseman who has played more games". I disagree though. Bowey is far better offensive at this point than both. He's also marginally worse defensively than both. The difference is, the 24 year old can still improve to some degree. The 36 year old and 31 year old can not...

8 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Not arguing , Just stating i dont think whether he plays now and burns a year off his entry contract or plays next season will have that much of a bearing on his next contract he signs ... we shall see 

as for the other guys i just said id want to get mantha/bert locked longterm at good numbers which i think would be better for the long run for the team than say mantha extending one year and pops 50 next year and demands 10 per .... anyways

It almost always will he a huge difference for star players in their development years though. My argument is, you should always burn that year if you believe in the player. Unless you're a team up against the cap, in your Cup window, and you need these guys on cheap ELC's to fill out your roster...

I agree that we should be looking to lock up Mantha and Bertuzzi, but that has nothing to do with what we should or shouldn't do with Seider.

4 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Yeah, that was just in response to 91's comment about "worse defenseman who has played more games". I disagree though. Bowey is far better offensive at this point than both. He's also marginally worse defensively than both. The difference is, the 24 year old can still improve to some degree. The 36 year old and 31 year old can not...

Bowey definitely has all the tools needed. Hard shot, can skate, big, can play physical. But he reminds me so much of Kindl/Smith. That is, he doesn't know how to use his tool box. Lack of IQ. Say what you will about Ericsson, but E is probably the opposite of this. He has no offense, can barely skate, but at least plays the game simple and is positionaly sound. E has IQ (at least enough to barely squeak out a job). Bowey shows flashes of what he has, but it's not nearly enough to be an NHL regular. And as he'll be 25 in about 5 months that window is shutting quickly. Unfortunately, IMO, I think we're looking at finished product here.

18 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Bowey definitely has all the tools needed. Hard shot, can skate, big, can play physical. But he reminds me so much of Kindl/Smith. That is, he doesn't know how to use his tool box. Lack of IQ. Say what you will about Ericsson, but E is probably the opposite of this. He has no offense, can barely skate, but at least plays the game simple and is positionaly sound. E has IQ (at least enough to barely squeak out a job). Bowey shows flashes of what he has, but it's not nearly enough to be an NHL regular. And as he'll be 25 in about 5 months that window is shutting quickly. Unfortunately, IMO, I think we're looking at finished product here.

I don't disagree with any of this. The only thing I disagree with (from previously), is that Bowey has been our worst defenseman, worthy of being waived. But like I said from the beginning, it's whatever, and he likely won't be re-signed in the offseason. I would have loved to see Bowey put it all together and become a reliable 3rd pairing defenseman, but I agree, it's not looking like it's in the cards for him. 

3 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

I don't disagree with any of this. The only thing I disagree with (from previously), is that Bowey has been our worst defenseman, worthy of being waived. But like I said from the beginning, it's whatever, and he likely won't be re-signed in the offseason. I would have loved to see Bowey put it all together and become a reliable 3rd pairing defenseman, but I agree, it's not looking like it's in the cards for him. 

Sorry for the thread derail in advance

I'm reading about Newfoundland (don't ask me why). Is Newfoundland secretly a hidden gem god tier location?

• Best fishing in the North Atlantic including cod, salmon, shellfish, crab, shrimp, mackerel, and halibut
  • Beautiful bluffs and coastline
  • Literal bad ass moat surrounding the entire place for safety
  • Strategically controls the mouth of the St. Lawrence and could cut off shipping to the great lakes and the interior of Canada/NA
  • Developed its own customs and culture independent of Britain and Canada, unlike ontario which is basically America light
  • Self-governing dominion because freedom n stuff
  • Didn't bow down to the Canadian yoke until 1949 (should never have)
  • Per capita GDP in 2017 was $62,573, higher than the national average and third only to oil-cheaters Alberta and Saskatchewan
  • Abundant in zinc, copper, silver, and gold
  • literally supplies over 50% of Canada's iron ore alone
  • Population booming and increasing 20% over the last 5 years
  • 72% of Newfies identify as Newfie first and Canadian second
  • Not an over-run urban crap hole (yet)

I'm on to you and @marcaractac schemes pretending Newfoundland is some backwater place. Trying to keep us mainland folk out I presume.

Why has Newfoundland not declared independence from Canada yet? Should do what the Quebecois don't have the balls to get done. Ameribros will support you.

Edited by ChristopherReevesLegs

1 hour ago, krsmith17 said:

It almost always will he a huge difference for star players in their development years though. My argument is, you should always burn that year if you believe in the player. Unless you're a team up against the cap, in your Cup window, and you need these guys on cheap ELC's to fill out your roster...

I agree that we should be looking to lock up Mantha and Bertuzzi, but that has nothing to do with what we should or shouldn't do with Seider.

I guess , just dont think it will have too much impact on his contract regardless of which way we go . if he starts next year though his contract might be up at the same time as say zadina and lafraniere/byfield if we’re lucky and stevie will have some big contracts go deal with it thats the only reason im saying to sign mantha/bertuzzi longterm to team friendly deals

not saying those deals effect seider specifically just saying in general if we can sign those guys up asap and not risk having to pay bert 5.5 rather than 4.5 and mantha 9 rather than say 7 it will only benefit the wings longterm .... same with hronek haven’t checked his contract situation but if can lock him up a brett pesce deal for 7 years id do it today 

Edited by nyqvististhefuture

2 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

I'm reading about Newfoundland (don't ask me why). Is Newfoundland secretly a hidden gem god tier location?

• Best fishing in the North Atlantic including cod, salmon, shellfish, crab, shrimp, mackerel, and halibut
  • Strategically controls the mouth of the St. Lawrence and could cut off shipping to the great lakes and the interior of Canada/NA
  • Developed its own customs and culture independent of Britain and Canada, unlike ontario which is basically America light
  • Per capita GDP in 2017 was $62,573, higher than the national average and third only to oil-cheaters Alberta and Saskatchewan

I'm on to you and @marcaractac schemes pretending Newfoundland is some backwater place. Trying to keep us mainland folk out I presume.

Why has Newfoundland not declared independence from Canada yet? Should do what the Quebecois don't have the balls to get done. Ameribros will support you.

Political stuff... BAN, BAN, BAN!

12 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

• fishing so overly regulated you almost can't
  • beautiful is relative, we get two weeks of sun per year.
  • yes the place is safe
  • yet we have higher costs than everywhere else because "shipping"
  • they ripped off Ireland
  • many years ago, yes. not it's just like any other province
  • ohhhhhh a lot has happened since 2017. it's also inflated due to volume of newfoundlanders who work in Alberta. there is jack s*** here.
  • lots of minerals in Labrador, which is a giant, barron cold wasteland. 
  • yay?
  • curious to where you got this info. it's been a mass exit of younger people here. It's a rapidly aging population
  • people tend to be way overly proud, to the point racisim and homophobia is still rampant in smaller communities
  • it's full of skeets

Would totes trade living here with you living in Seattle. 

Newfoundland is on a path to bankruptcy. They cannot afford to split from Canada. Labrador, with all their minerals and hydro power, however, could. 

To put this post on topic, Newfoundland is the Madison Bowey of Canada. 

Edited by marcaractac

3 hours ago, marcaractac said:
  • curious to where you got this info. it's been a mass exit of younger people here. It's a rapidly aging population

Mostly wickerpedia

3 hours ago, marcaractac said:

To put this post on topic, Newfoundland is the Madison Bowey of Canada. 

Hey now you shoulda said Dan Cleary, the pride of Newfoundland

It's ok I'm more of a PEI guy anyway

2 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Mostly wickerpedia

Hey now you shoulda said Dan Cleary, the pride of Newfoundland

It's ok I'm more of a PEI guy anyway

Never been to PEI or NF. Went to New Brunswick and Nova Scotia one summer. It was nice.

Quebec? Just passing thru.

Edited by Neomaxizoomdweebie

45 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Never been to PEI or NF. Went to New Brunswick and Nova Scotia one summer. It was nice.

PEI: Named after a prince like a proper island should be
NFL: Literally named New Found Land because they were too lazy and dense to pick a proper name
PEI: Agricultural powerhouse, grows like all of Canada's potatoes
NFL: Barely grows s*** cause the dirt sucks
PEI: Setting of the classic novel Ann of Green Gables
NFL: No one cares to write a book about this place
PEI: Plentiful with world renowned lobster, a meal normally reserved for kings
NFL: Eats cod which is a peasants fish 
PEI: Produced Brad Richards who won two cups like a boss and was an NHL all star
NFL: Produced Dan Cleary who was a pathetic try-hard who could only manage one cup

As you can see PEI is a vastly superior Canadian island. Newfies on suicide watch.

Edited by ChristopherReevesLegs

Browsing reddit this morning and I see Caps fans aren't exactly thrilled with the Nick Jensen acquisition at this point. He's sorta their whipping boy.

Meanwhile we will be picking in the 2nd round with their draft pick this year HA

We seem to be very good at over-hyping completely below-average players and getting other teams to buy them. Jensen, Smith, Jurco, etc. Is this our super power?

1 hour ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Browsing reddit this morning and I see Caps fans aren't exactly thrilled with the Nick Jensen acquisition at this point. He's sorta their whipping boy.

Meanwhile we will be picking in the 2nd round with their draft pick this year HA

We seem to be very good at over-hyping completely below-average players and getting other teams to buy them. Jensen, Smith, Jurco, etc. Is this our super power?

Holland was really really good at this. 

Because he really did believe they were good players. Same with Helm, Nielsen, Ericsson, Abdlekader, etc. Other teams were taken off guard by his sincere evaluations of Smith's upside for example. 

Yzerman's so disgusted with this poop-mess he's inherited that he is incapable of pretending anyone's any good. 

Players Holland couldn't hype for whatever reason:

- Jarnkrok

- Janmark

You know, actually decent players. 

15 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Holland was really really good at this. 

Because he really did believe they were good players. Same with Helm, Nielsen, Ericsson, Abdlekader, etc. Other teams were taken off guard by his sincere evaluations of Smith's upside for example. 

Yzerman's so disgusted with this poop-mess he's inherited that he is incapable of pretending anyone's any good. 

Players Holland couldn't hype for whatever reason:

- Jarnkrok

- Janmark

You know, actually decent players. 

I can't believe no one figured out Holland was peddling garbage sooner

Janmark looks kinda forgettable these days. Jarnkrok thou... we could use another C like that.

Just now, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

I can't believe no one figured out Holland was peddling garbage sooner

Janmark looks kinda forgettable these days. Jarnkrok thou... we could use another C like that.

No kidding. Apparently, amidst that hell storm of injuries (Zetterback, Dastyuk) your boy Babcock ordered Holland to get him a veteran he could abuse in front of the kids (Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan) to scare them and the spineless jag complied. Still the worst Red Wings trade of the salary cap era.