• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
kickazz

Gustav Nyquist traded to Sharks for 2019 Second Round pick and 2020 3rd round conditional pick.

Rate this topic

Good thing that condition isn't The Sharks winning The Stanley Cup. We'd never get the 2nd out of them. 

Also, , we're retaining 30% salary.

More Also, I'm not impressed with this deal. Jensen got us a 2nd in roughly the same range of picks. A late 3rd gets us a borderline NHL player, at best. 

Happy with the deal. Its nothing to be ecstatic about, but I wasn't expecting anything more then a 2nd for Nyquist as deep down I always thought a 1st was wishful thinking.

Hopefully he goes and wins a cup in San Jose, then re-signs with us in the off-season to a reasonable contract. I love the chemistry he and Larkin have together and would like to see it continue.

I think I'd rather they just targeted a prospect here.  San Jose's picks are likely going to be late rounders and any 2nd rounder picked this year or next is likely 3-4 years away from helping us in the best case scenario. 

Well, I just f'ing hope someone decides they need Howard pretty badly between now and tomorrow afternoon. 

Edited by kipwinger

The “next coming” of Datsyuk and Z are both off our team. Obviously Tatar and Gus never lived up to that and part of that billing was the Detroit news media, I like both players a lot and wish them success. Unfortunately when the team you play on is this bad many pieces become expendable. 

Don't forget that they have three 2nd round picks so there is the potential to trade up. I'm unhappy we didn't get a pick and prospect but at the end if the day it's a player that they hopefully won't sign again and they can start moving forward.

8 minutes ago, kylee said:

The “next coming” of Datsyuk and Z are both off our team. Obviously Tatar and Gus never lived up to that and part of that billing was the Detroit news media, I like both players a lot and wish them success. Unfortunately when the team you play on is this bad many pieces become expendable. 

I always felt bad for Nyquist and Tatar that this pressure was put on them. They were/are good players, players that far exceeded the normal expectations of a 2nd and 4th round pick. Especially after Nyquist's first semi full season, people just expected too much out of them and made them scapegoats for the teams decline. 

1 hour ago, BigWillieStyle said:

More Also, I'm not impressed with this deal. Jensen got us a 2nd in roughly the same range of picks. A late 3rd gets us a borderline NHL player, at best. 

Can't really compare these trades:

43 minutes ago, kickazz said:

He IS a rental so it is what it is, you take what you can.

...and Jensen was not.

Couldn’t get a first out of SJ? It is what it is though. Was originally reported he didn’t want to waive the NTC because he liked it in Detroit. I never put much stock in the theory that players agree to trades to get the team they’re leaving some assets, but maybe he re-signs in Detroit in the off-season. Far from guaranteed though, too much can happen in the meantime.

4 hours ago, kliq said:

Happy with the deal. Its nothing to be ecstatic about, but I wasn't expecting anything more then a 2nd for Nyquist as deep down I always thought a 1st was wishful thinking.

Hopefully he goes and wins a cup in San Jose, then re-signs with us in the off-season to a reasonable contract. I love the chemistry he and Larkin have together and would like to see it continue.

Exactly. Expecting a 1st was a little much. It's a rental winger in a year where there are a lot of available rental wingers. 

Meh, I was hoping for more, but I guess a 2nd, plus was all any of us were expecting. Hoped a team might cough up a 1st, but knew it was a bit of a pipe dream. Well I guess we'll all be rooting for the Sharks to make the finals now...

4 picks in the top 62 is still great. Hopefully Holland is smart enough to package a couple of those picks to move up into the 1st though. This team needs quality over quantity.

I think it's pretty telling that we heard nothing -- N-O-T-H-I-N-G -- about Nyquist over the past few days. Heard a whole lot about Zuccarello, who's roughly the same player. Heard a whole lot about Simmonds. Heard a whole lot about multiple scoring wingers not named Nyquist. Even the hfboards basically refused to acknowledge his existence.

The NTC probably didn't help.

couldnt even get a first for him. s*** trade in my eyes. how many 2nd or 3rd rounders pan out for any team? good luck replacing him. rebuild will take years now

thought we couldnt score now. now its only going to get worse lmao. team will be unbearable to watch. may as well trade larkin for a 1st f*** it. hell be too old when were a competitive team again

sharks will still not win the cup

Edited by brett

Should have pushed for the condition to be a first. That's my only gripe. Zuccarello has TWO conditions that could bump up that trade to two firsts, and we couldn't even get one? Meh.

Still, though, said from the very beginning that people are overvaluing a lot of these guys. Jensen got more, I think, because of his cap hit than his skills. Lot of suitors in play.

1 hour ago, krsmith17 said:

Meh, I was hoping for more, but I guess a 2nd, plus was all any of us were expecting. Hoped a team might cough up a 1st, but knew it was a bit of a pipe dream. Well I guess we'll all be rooting for the Sharks to make the finals now...

4 picks in the top 62 is still great. Hopefully Holland is smart enough to package a couple of those picks to move up into the 1st though. This team needs quality over quantity.

Thing is we’d probably have to move the early second to move up like 5-10 spots , doubt anyone would take the later 2’s for 20 something at that rate sadly I’d rather just trade back if get like 8th overall and add more picks 

Average trade.  I was hoping for more.  Holland must have gotten bored watching the Oscars and picked up the phone (I sure as hell did).  

San Jose's first round pick is going to be late in the draft anyway.  Would have been a fair trade.

Edited by GMRwings1983

I am a bit disappointed in the return but I will be okay with it . Especially based on the mlive article about the trade https://www.mlive.com/redwings/2019/02/trade-deadline-day-will-red-wings-make-a-deal.html 

and the apparent terms Gus wanted to resign were 5x5 which is too long a term IMHO. 

Nyquist is in the final year of a four-year contract with a cap hit of $4.75 million. He had been seeking a five-year deal in excess of $5 million per season from the Red Wings.