• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
kickazz

Gustav Nyquist traded to Sharks for 2019 Second Round pick and 2020 3rd round conditional pick.

Rate this topic

5 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Nyquist should have got us a first.

Nothing really supports that tho. Zuccarello is maybe slightly better than Nyquist and he got a return that's maybe slightly better than the one we got for Nyquist.

Edited by Dabura

7 minutes ago, Dabura said:

Nothing really supports that tho. Zuccarello is maybe slightly better than Nyquist and he got a return that's maybe slightly better than the one we got for Nyquist.

I think that’s what killed us is the rangers deal , least they got a conditional first 

at this point I’d rather have traded a 3rd and Gus for a 1st , quality not quantity 

You can't trade Nyquist for a first to a team that doesn't have their first. The Sharks do not have first rounder that isn't already wrapped up in conditions for the next few years.  Doubt you can trade a pick that you may not have.

If there's no real talk about Nyquist being traded and we can get a second rounder plus conditional pick for a guy who had to waive his no trade -- I think Holland did just fine.  Maybe the Sharks were the only team biting. 

2 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Our GM stinks, dude.

Our GM decided he didn't want to give a 29-year-old winger a new $5M x 5 contract and so he traded him for market value and opened up a roster spot and some cap space (assuming Nyquist is in fact gone for good). Also, this helps the tank.

I'm not seeing the problem here. "Should've gotten a 1st" isn't really an argument.

15 minutes ago, e_prime said:

You can't trade Nyquist for a first to a team that doesn't have their first. The Sharks do not have first rounder that isn't already wrapped up in conditions for the next few years.  Doubt you can trade a pick that you may not have.

If there's no real talk about Nyquist being traded and we can get a second rounder plus conditional pick for a guy who had to waive his no trade -- I think Holland did just fine.  Maybe the Sharks were the only team biting. 

Bruins had strong interest And I heard islanders as well ... sure preds would if they lost out on stone,simmonds 

Anyways it’s done now we’re stick with this deal

15 minutes ago, Dabura said:

Our GM decided he didn't want to give a 29-year-old winger a new $5M x 5 contract and so he traded him for market value and opened up a roster spot and some cap space (assuming Nyquist is in fact gone for good). Also, this helps the tank.

I'm not seeing the problem here. "Should've gotten a 1st" isn't really an argument.

He went in too soon .. and you want to help the tank you move howard weeks ago , you want to make room for some kids you get rid of ericsson and Daley 

nyquist was as good as gone 

This is such an odd deal.  I'd almost rather the Stanley Cup finals condition not be met by SJ because it would turn the second rounder this year into almost a 3rd rounder.  If they lose early we don't get the 2nd next year, but the one this year will be higher.  So really we should all hope SJ loses early in the playoffs, but then Nyquist decides to sign with them in the offseason anyway lol. 

1 minute ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

He went in too soon ..

We don't know that.

2 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

you want to help the tank you move howard weeks ago

I didn't say helping the tank is a key consideration. I'm just saying losing Nyquist helps the cause.

10 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

you want to make room for some kids you get rid of ericsson and Daley

No one's taking Ericsson. It's possible Daley gets moved today.

I like how we're not acknowledging that moving Nyquist and Jensen makes room for some kids. "Yeah, well, that's great and all, BUT WHAT ABOUT ERICSSON AND DALEY HUH?!" C'mon, man.

11 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

nyquist was as good as gone 

And Holland got two picks for him. What's the problem?

Seriously you have a guy who can actually score and help the team and trade him for a 2nd rounder who’s likely never going to be playing in Detroit. s*** we have a 6th overall pick in zadina and he’s not even close to nhl ready and was struggling in the ahl. You have to at least get a 1st rounder. 

I’d be ok with a 2nd if you got rid of abs or Nielsen with him. Those are the guys ******* you money wise with the amount of production they make. 

You just got a 2nd for ******* Jensen  nyquist is 10x better  really dude

Edited by brett

Here's my quick conspiracy take on this trade:

Detroit has every intention of giving Nyquist his money come July. His mission in SJ, which by waiving his NTC, he chose to accept, is to bring Karlsson back with him. His reward will be the 5 yr $5.5M contract.

That's it. Lol, the guy on trade centre just said Detroit is listening to offers on vet D, Stefan Kronwall....

I guess I'm just a spiteful, petty, ******* but I would probably rather loose Nyquist for nothing on July 1st then give him away to San Jose to help their cause. 

But Ken Holland is a good GM and probably got what he could in a buyers market that's been flooded by a bunch of pretty good forwards. 

2 minutes ago, brett said:

Seriously you have a guy who can actually score and help the team and trade him for a 2nd rounder who’s likely never going to be playing in Detroit. s*** we have a 6th overall pick in zadina and he’s not even close to nhl ready and was struggling in the ahl. You have to at least get a 1st rounder.

It's been more-or-less established as fact that the return Holland got for Nyquist is market value for a player like Nyquist. Again, Zuccarello got roughly the same return. Now Dreger's saying the Devils want a 2nd for Johansson:

Word on the street is that Nyquist wants $5-5.5M x 5, which, to me, is all kinds of "NOPE!" And it seems like Holland agrees. So 1) Nyquist had to be moved, and 2) Holland got market value for him.

In Nyquist's absence, a roster spot opens up and all the young kids who are already full-timers might get slightly expanded roles. (I say "might" because it's possible we add someone through free agency or a trade or even the upcoming draft.)

The 2019 2nd will end up being Florida's so we good!

https://www.nhl.com/news/san-jose-sharks-get-gustav-nyquist-in-trade-with-detroit-red-wings/c-305191442

Sent with @NHL

Edited by Manny>Ozzie(by a long shot)

It is what it is.  Holland was in a lose/lose situation with Gus, he isn't worth what WE all believe and if he let him walk July 1st everyone would be pissed he wasn't traded at the deadline.

Either way, the Goose is loose.  I wish him all the best, he gave us some good hockey moments

4 minutes ago, Dabura said:

It's been more-or-less established as fact that the return Holland got for Nyquist is market value for a player like Nyquist. Again, Zuccarello got roughly the same return. Now Dreger's saying the Devils want a 2nd for Johansson:

Word on the street is that Nyquist wants $5-5.5M x 5, which, to me, is all kinds of "NOPE!" And it seems like Holland agrees. So 1) Nyquist had to be moved, and 2) Holland got market value for him.

In Nyquist's absence, a roster spot opens up and all the young kids who are already full-timers might get slightly expanded roles. (I say "might" because it's possible we add someone through free agency or a trade or even the upcoming draft.)

I agree.  I've been hearing the same thing...Nyquist's future here in Detroit was all but sealed and he wasn't going to be here next year as his asking price tag $ was prohibitive to keeping him.  I like that Kenny is actually starting to make "rebuild" moves rather than trying to keep "above average/good" players and overpaying, giving NTC, and signing them for way too long of contracts.  On top of gaining the ability to attain more players with the hopes of finding a few "diamonds", draft picks, even if they are 2nd rounders or even later rounds picks can be very useful in throwing in deal packages to get future deals done.  Lastly, it's refreshing to see us cut a kid who grew up on our system loose instead of playing the loyalty card which has burned us many, many times in the past. 

22 minutes ago, Manny>Ozzie(by a long shot) said:

https://www.nhl.com/news/san-jose-sharks-get-gustav-nyquist-in-trade-with-detroit-red-wings/c-305191442

Sent with @NHL

Link isn't opening for me for some reason.  Is this legit?  Florida's 2nd?  I feel WAY better about that. 

25 minutes ago, Manny>Ozzie(by a long shot) said:

Sent with @NHL

It's says whichever team's pick (Florida or SJ) is "lower" at season's end. Does lower mean closer to 3rd round or closer to 1st. When I hear x was traded for a "low" 2nd rounder I think closer to 3rd round. 

Someone must confirm what all this means