• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
kickazz

Gustav Nyquist traded to Sharks for 2019 Second Round pick and 2020 3rd round conditional pick.

Rate this topic

4 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

Link isn't opening for me for some reason.  Is this legit?  Florida's 2nd?  I feel WAY better about that. 

Opens for me, and it seems to be the actual NHL.com site. But atm it seems to be the only source that's reporting this bit of info...

1 minute ago, kipwinger said:

So we're hoping Florida has good lottery luck now?  I'll take that.  They're in the bottom 3rd of the league right now. 

The lottery only applies to the first round. Round 2-7 revert back to the original standings in reverse order. Regardless, Florida's 2nd round pick will most certainly be better than San Jose's. Great news!

51 minutes ago, Dabura said:

We don't know that.

I didn't say helping the tank is a key consideration. I'm just saying losing Nyquist helps the cause.

No one's taking Ericsson. It's possible Daley gets moved today.

I like how we're not acknowledging that moving Nyquist and Jensen makes room for some kids. "Yeah, well, that's great and all, BUT WHAT ABOUT ERICSSON AND DALEY HUH?!" C'mon, man.

And Holland got two picks for him. What's the problem?

Oh I think we did , there’s no way we wouldn’t have got same deal today, there’s talk of johanssen and ferland getting seconds plus and I’m sorry they aren’t as good

i know nobody is taking ericsson I’m just ranting lol he’s a wings legacy player by this teams standards 

dude we got a ton of bottom line guys on this team ,you really think moving Nyquist will give Rasmussen top 6 minutes now? Think cholowski gets called up? Daley needs to go

and I thought the problem was quite obvious ,don’t like the deal 

3 minutes ago, Dabura said:

Pick order outside of the 1st round is based solely on the standings, no?

2 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

The lottery only applies to the first round. Round 2-7 revert back to the original standings in reverse order. Regardless, Florida's 2nd round pick will most certainly be better than San Jose's. Great news!

Yup, good call.  I had that totally wrong.  Guess we're hoping FLA has a late season collapse then.  They're currently 9th from the bottom, but are within 5 points of 5th.  So there's that.

1 minute ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Seen some people talking about Florida’s second ... We’re getting San Jose’s s*** second round pick so nobody should get excited 

2 55-61 picks basically

This is not true.  We will get whichever pick is lower.  San Jose has 2 -- 2nd round picks. We get the lower pick.

Just now, nyqvististhefuture said:

Oh I think we did , there’s no way we wouldn’t have got same deal today

We don't know that. I think you're reaching for a way to frame this as a screw-up.

Even if we would've received the same return, who really cares? It's looking SJ's 2nd is actually going to be FLA's 2nd, in which case it's a very early 2nd, which is great.

2 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

dude we got a ton of bottom line guys on this team ,you really think moving Nyquist will give Rasmussen top 6 minutes now?

It's the "rising tide lifts all boats" concept. No, I don't think this necessarily means Rasmussen is going to immediately start playing all the minutes Nyquist was playing. What I'm saying is it creates some opportunity and allows for a little more upward mobility. The minutes that Nyquist has played this season will be given to other people and that could have a ripple effect throughout the lineup.

7 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Think cholowski gets called up?

Cholowski kind of sucked for most of the season; I'm in no real rush to see him playing big minutes as a Wing.

10 minutes ago, e_prime said:

This is not true.  We will get whichever pick is lower.  San Jose has 2 -- 2nd round picks. We get the lower pick.

It’s 110% true seen it on twitter

karlsson trade means sens get that pick from Florida and we get the later one 

5 minutes ago, Dabura said:

We don't know that. I think you're reaching for a way to frame this as a screw-up.

Even if we would've received the same return, who really cares? It's looking SJ's 2nd is actually going to be FLA's 2nd, in which case it's a very early 2nd, which is great.

It's the "rising tide lifts all boats" concept. No, I don't think this necessarily means Rasmussen is going to immediately start playing all the minutes Nyquist was playing. What I'm saying is it creates some opportunity and allows for a little more upward mobility. The minutes that Nyquist has played this season will be given to other people and that could have a ripple effect throughout the lineup.

Cholowski kind of sucked for most of the season; I'm in no real rush to see him playing big minutes as a Wing.

I think your just accepting this way too easily , don’t believe we couldn’t of had a similar deal today 

it’s not the Florida’s pick we’re getting 

4 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Either way, I'm fine with the deal.

5 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

I think your just accepting this way too easily , don’t believe we couldn’t of had a similar deal today

I'm accepting that Holland got market value for Nyquist and I'm regarding "Holland should've waited because we know for a fact that there would've been absolutely no risk in waiting" as complaining for the sake of complaining.

Just now, Dabura said:

Either way, I'm fine with the deal.

I'm accepting that Holland got market value for Nyquist and I'm regarding "Holland should've waited because we know for a fact that there would've been absolutely no risk in waiting" as complaining for the sake of complaining.

That’s fine believe in what you will , and I’ll choose to believe otherwise 

15 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

It’s 110% true seen it on twitter

Capfriendly:

Karlsson trade:

***Conditions: 2019 2nd round pick is the higher of the two picks the Sharks currently own: Panthers and their own.
Result: Ottawa will receive Panthers 2019 2nd round pick.

Nyquist trade:

*2019 2nd round pick (SJS)

NHL.com seems to have reported it incorrectly.