• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
kickazz

Gustav Nyquist traded to Sharks for 2019 Second Round pick and 2020 3rd round conditional pick.

Rate this topic

14 minutes ago, Dabura said:

To be fair, "only a short time ago" was, like, six years ago. When he was, like, 23.

6 years is not that long ago.

11 minutes ago, kickazz said:

Oh he’s talking about that lol.

yeah back then we also made the playoffs and had two elite centers playing for us.

but let’s leave those deets out cuz fickle clan.

I didnt leave that out. You plastics should remember the endless pages of "Why isnt Nyquist up yet? Stupid Holland". Realize the circumstances have changed with the team, just pointing out the tideflow of LGW.

1 minute ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Kind of is tho.

"Six years ago, when Nyquist was 23, fans wanted him on the roster. Now that he's 29 and the team is in a different place, people want him traded. Fickle fans amirite??"

A younger player like Mantha would be a better example. It was only two or three years ago that he was The Next Big Thing, and now it's starting to look like he's probably just the next Nyquist/Tatar and the knives will be out for him soon.

48 minutes ago, e_prime said:

Zuccarello was traded to DAL.

...but as far as SJS picks  -- 2019 was for Kane.  20 and 21 both wrapped up in Karlsson conditions.

I didn't realize that. I checked the wiki for the drafts and they weren't listed amongst the traded picks. I knew Zuc went to Dallas, I thought the 19 was left off as if the picks couldn't be traded because of conditions. 

1 hour ago, Dabura said:

Kind of is tho.

"Six years ago, when Nyquist was 23, fans wanted him on the roster. Now that he's 29 and the team is in a different place, people want him traded. Fickle fans amirite??"

A younger player like Mantha would be a better example. It was only two or three years ago that he was The Next Big Thing, and now it's starting to look like he's probably just the next Nyquist/Tatar and the knives will be out for him soon.

Zactly my point. Fans are fickle.

And stop making me feel old.

Edited by Neomaxizoomdweebie

11 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Zactly my point. Fans are fickle.

And stop making me feel old.

Looking at when I joined this board (and I lurked before that) makes me feel old. Weird how this place has followed me through college and first, second, third and so-on jobs, moves, etc. It’s my constant...lol

4 minutes ago, gcom007 said:

Looking at when I joined this board (and I lurked before that) makes me feel old. Weird how this place has followed me through college and first, second, third and so-on jobs, moves, etc. It’s my constant...lol

So old that I remember you used to post here.

6 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

I didnt leave that out. You plastics should remember the endless pages of "Why isnt Nyquist up yet? Stupid Holland". Realize the circumstances have changed with the team, just pointing out the tideflow of LGW.

Damn you've got jaded haven't you. All good, everyone whose been posting here has gone through that phase at some point. I think for me that was during the Swedish Mafia conspiracy 3 years ago. 

Fans have situational ups and downs towards players. It's never going to change.

Larkin may be good today but in a few years if he's not living up to expectations and on his last year of contract; fans may very well want him gone for a nice return. And so may the GM depending on who it is. 

It's not a LGW thing. It's a sports thing.  

Red wings, twitter, facebook, instagram has the same s*** LGW posters say about players. 

6 years is a hell of a long time in pro sports. Not even a players prime lasts that long. But also look at the roster between 1985 and 1991. Complete revamp of a roster. 

Between 2002 and 2008. Two completely different teams that won the cup. 02 was “long ago” when that 08 team won. For starters half the 02 guys were retired or about to retire.

Edited by kickazz

15 hours ago, Dabura said:

I think it's pretty telling that we heard nothing -- N-O-T-H-I-N-G -- about Nyquist over the past few days. Heard a whole lot about Zuccarello, who's roughly the same player. Heard a whole lot about Simmonds. Heard a whole lot about multiple scoring wingers not named Nyquist. Even the hfboards basically refused to acknowledge his existence.

The NTC probably didn't help.

King Henrik cried when the Zuc trade happened. 

8 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Dreger reporting that Vanek, Howard, Glendening, and Kronwall are being shopped/asked-about

Wings have to receive significant offer to consider moving Kronwall (unlikely to be traded)
Same with Glendening (unlikely to happen)

Vanek has to agree to the trade for it to happen (unlikely to happen)

I honestly doubt Howard moves either

I'd hang onto Glenny. Kronwall, if the offers decent, may as well. Unless he's planning on playing another season. Vanek won't agree and will probably retire, and with Howard, I never believe any rumors. He's been rumored to be traded more than enough times. Either it happens or insiders need to stfu.

16 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

Meh, I was hoping for more, but I guess a 2nd, plus was all any of us were expecting. Hoped a team might cough up a 1st, but knew it was a bit of a pipe dream. Well I guess we'll all be rooting for the Sharks to make the finals now...

4 picks in the top 62 is still great. Hopefully Holland is smart enough to package a couple of those picks to move up into the 1st though. This team needs quality over quantity.

f*** that. LEt the Sharks be the first team knocked out. Then they re-sign Goose :lol:

15 hours ago, _SP_ said:

Should have pushed for the condition to be a first. That's my only gripe. Zuccarello has TWO conditions that could bump up that trade to two firsts, and we couldn't even get one? Meh.

Still, though, said from the very beginning that people are overvaluing a lot of these guys. Jensen got more, I think, because of his cap hit than his skills. Lot of suitors in play.

Not to mention Jensen pretty well agreed to an extension right off the bat

Apparently Karlsson, Sorenson, Kronwall, and Nyquist met after the SJS game to convince Nyquist to waive his NTC

757wiv2q1ui21.jpg

Holland said Nyquist only listed one team on his no-trade list. Sharks beat reporter is saying something slightly different, in that the other team after Nyquist was Winnipeg and Nyquist opted to block that in favor of the Sharks.

Karlsson is the new kingpin of the Swedish mafia. RIP Zetterberg.

1 hour ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Apparently Karlsson, Sorenson, Kronwall, and Nyquist met after the SJS game to convince Nyquist to waive his NTC

757wiv2q1ui21.jpg

Holland said Nyquist only listed one team on his no-trade list. Sharks beat reporter is saying something slightly different, in that the other team after Nyquist was Winnipeg and Nyquist opted to block that in favor of the Sharks.

Well someone tell him to come to his new home then.

19 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

:(

vqtcmq6gfyi21.png

How do I say goodbye to what we had?
The good times that made us laugh, outweighed the bad.
I thought we'd get to see forever, but forever has blown away.
It's so hard to say goodbye to yesterday.
I don't know where this road is gonna lead to.
All I know is where we've been and what we've been through.
If it gets me to tomorrow, I hope it's worth all the pain.
And I'll take with me the memories to be my sunshine after the rain.

27 minutes ago, e_prime said:
How do I say goodbye to what we had?
The good times that made us laugh, outweighed the bad.
I thought we'd get to see forever, but forever has blown away.
I don't know where this road is gonna lead to.
All I know is where we've been and what we've been through.
If it gets me to tomorrow, I hope it's worth all the pain.
And I'll take with me the memories to be my sunshine after the rain.

Let's all write a poem together line by line. I'll start:

Fly away little goose

4 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

757wiv2q1ui21.jpg

Well how the hell did Holland not get three first rounders then? I grade him as an F -