Sign in to follow this  
Dabura

2/26 Carry That Weight GDT - Canadiens @ Red Wings - 7:30 PM ET

Rate this topic

9 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

He's fast

"slow teams can't win in today's game"

Therefore he's good

He drives his own play. That makes him an excellent 3rd liner and I love him in that role. You can give him a center like Glendenning and he'll still create his own offense. 

But I have yet to see him make any of his line mates better when he plays up the middle. 

edit: to fully spell out Glendenning. Stupid disney.com 

Edited by The 91 of Ryans

1 minute ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

He drives his own play. That makes him an excellent 3rd liner and I love him in that role. You can give him a center like disney.com and he'll still create his own offense. 

But I have yet to see him make any of his line mates better when he plays up the middle. 

I agree with you there. I harped all summer about how he needs to improve his commitment to defense and also play better in the cycle, which is a crappy way of saying what you just said. He's never gonna be a guy who drives this team, at least not if he continues like he is. He's purely an offensive weapon with hands and speed.

Read something this morning that the Wings intend on playing him at 2C the rest of the season.

1 minute ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

I agree with you there. I harped all summer about how he needs to improve his commitment to defense and also play better in the cycle, which is a crappy way of saying what you just said. He's never gonna be a guy who drives this team, at least not if he continues like he is. He's purely an offensive weapon with hands and speed.

Read something this morning that the Wings intend on playing him at 2C the rest of the season.

Well, who knows then, maybe Zadina will make him better. 

12 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

AA's had a good season. Zadina needs to figure his crap out.

I was being mildly facetious.

AA was being benched by Dale Hunter in London when in his post NHL Draft season. Zadina is playing pro in his post NHL draft season. Zero comparisons between the two at the same age. Pretty sure he'll have his crap figured out and them some by the time he's at the stage AA's at now. 

3 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

I was being mildly facetious.

AA was being benched by Dale Hunter in London when in his post NHL Draft season. Zadina is playing pro in his post NHL draft season. Zero comparisons between the two at the same age. Pretty sure he'll have his crap figured out and them some by the time he's at the stage AA's at now. 

Yeah but Zadina fell by like 3 spots at the draft

5 hours ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

He drives his own play. That makes him an excellent 3rd liner and I love him in that role. You can give him a center like Glendenning and he'll still create his own offense. 

edit: to fully spell out Glendenning. Stupid disney.com 

WOAHHH Slow down there buckerooo. AA DOES NOT drive his own play. Stop giving him so much credit. He's a mutha f***in CHERRY PICKER that's lazy and sucks and can only score on breakaways.

Drive his own play. How Blasphemous. That's polar opposite of what he is.  A godam cherry picker and a floater. 

Edited by kickazz

I'm not a fan of AA at center, but I get why Blashill would want to give him a long audition and see if they can't make it work. Nielsen isn't really cutting it as a 2C and I highly doubt Veleno will be able to fill that hole next season. Rasmussen is 19 and playing on the wing. This year's draft class features a wealth of talented centermen, but I'm not sure a single one of them will be a legit NHL 2C next season. So it'd be really nice if AA could fill that hole. It's probably an exercise in futility, but I get it.

6 minutes ago, Dabura said:

Ericsson played. The Habs scored eight goals. Ericsson wasn't on the ice for any of those eight goals.

Wait, so who the F sat on D? I'd ask for your opinion on Bowey and Zadina, but maybe I wait till we don't get btfo

Just now, Dabura said:

I'm not a fan of AA at center, but I get why Blashill would want to give him a long audition and see if they can't make it work. Nielsen isn't really cutting it as a 2C and I highly doubt Veleno will be able to fill that hole next season. Rasmussen is 19 and playing on the wing. This year's draft class features a wealth of talented centermen, but I'm not sure a single one of them will be a legit NHL 2C next season. So it'd be really nice if AA could fill that hole. It's probably an exercise in futility, but I get it.

Basically. We already suck so it's like why not?

5 minutes ago, Dabura said:

This is probably the best time to experiment.