• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Dabura

3/7 Zadina Era GDT - Rangers @ Red Wings - 7:30 PM ET

Rate this topic

I'm streaming the Rangers feed and their announcers just mentioned something about Brendan Smith's "offensive ability"...in a season in which he's scored 9 points.  I wish to Christ I knew what that guy does to convince so many people he's doing something that he's so obviously not doing.  He's like the Derren Brown of hockey. 

16 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

I do hope he stays on in a Devellano type position. Guy is a legendary GM when you look at his career as a whole. I just wonder what guys like Devellano do on a day-to-day basis. Can't be a lot. In fact he's probably s*** posting on this board when he should be working just like I do.

I know that Jimmy winters in Florida, and that he's said to watch 5-6 hours of hockey per day. Knowing what I do about him, he probably spends very little time with his feet kicked up in a deck chair by the pool. I'd bet he plays golf 4 days a week still. Even sitting still, he's the kind of guy that's always moving.

Also remember him being quite the bridge player, I'm sure he finds a game a few days a week, minimum.

2 minutes ago, Dabura said:

Default even strength should be 4-on-4, change my mind.

I don't like it, but just curious, how would you handle a 2 man advantage? 4 on 2 or add a skater for 5 on 3?

Smith is trying so hard to be relevant for one game :lol: 

1 minute ago, BigWillieStyle said:

I know that Jimmy winters in Florida, and that he's said to watch 5-6 hours of hockey per day. Knowing what I do about him, he probably spends very little time with his feet kicked up in a deck chair by the pool. I'd bet he plays golf 4 days a week still. Even sitting still, he's the kind of guy that's always moving.

Also remember him being quite the bridge player, I'm sure he finds a game a few days a week, minimum.

So you'd say he spends most of his time on player evaluation?

Just now, MabusIncarnate said:

I don't like it, but just curious, how would you handle a 2 man advantage? 4 on 2 or add a skater for 5 on 3?

Haven't thought it through, tbh. I suppose 5-on-3 would make more sense. Or maybe they could just replace power plays with penalty shots.