• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Dabura

3/7 Zadina Era GDT - Rangers @ Red Wings - 7:30 PM ET

Rate this topic

3 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

He played what like 27 minutes in Denver? It's a good sign. 15 pts in about 30 games is really encouraging for a rookie Dman too.

Yeah, he's on pace for like 40 points over 82 games as a rookie. On one of the league's worst teams to boot.  The guy is a legit offensive dynamo and he's decent defensively to boot.  One solid off-season in the weight room and we won't be as worried about our defense going forward.  I love how that dude is always looking to get a puck on net.  Plus he's really good on the powerplay.  Plus he's got a wicked right-handed one timer. 

Just now, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Remember when Dekeyser could breach 30 pts?

Felt I should include him in this update because he's actually been pretty good lately and he's been putting up some points. (Some of that could be Hronek.)

If he could play like this all the time and if we could improve the D group to the point where we don't need him to be a go-to shutdown guy, I think everyone would be happy.

1 minute ago, kipwinger said:

Yeah, he's on pace for like 40 points over 82 games as a rookie. On one of the league's worst teams to boot.  The guy is a legit offensive dynamo and he's decent defensively to boot.  One solid off-season in the weight room and we won't be as worried about our defense going forward.  I love how that dude is always looking to get a puck on net.  Plus he's really good on the powerplay.  Plus he's got a wicked right-handed one timer. 

The other night in Denver everyone was talking about Zadina's first goal, I think it was overlooked how great a game Hronek played. Correct me if I'm wrong, but he spoon fed Zadina's goal as well.

Here's a fun thing to speculate about...

IF, and I know it's a big IF, Holland rebuilds this team (and wins another Cup with another core group) does he go down as the greatest GM in the history of the league?

Just now, Dabura said:

Felt I should include him in this update because he's actually been pretty good lately and he's been putting up some points. (Some of that could be Hronek.)

If he could play like this all the time and if we could improve the D group to the point where we don't need him to be a go-to shutdown guy, I think everyone would be happy.

Yeah I realized after commenting that 15 in 40 is actually decent for him and back to his old numbers. Guy is just not worth 5 million...

In training camp, and in preseason, I thought that Hronek was going to need a few years, because after taking a good hit, he became scared to engage in any physical battles. Since they've brought him back up, it seems like he's gotten over that big hump that looked like it was going to keep him in The AHL for a long time. I like that he's aggressively going after the puck, and learning to use his body to gain position. Saying that, he still needs a lot of work in the defensive end of the ice. 

Just now, kipwinger said:

Here's a fun thing to speculate about...

IF, and I know it's a big IF, Holland rebuilds this team (and wins another Cup with another core group) does he go down as the greatest GM in the history of the league?

If Holland gets another cup in his career, with any team, he's a top 5 GM of all time.

1 minute ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

The other night in Denver everyone was talking about Zadina's first goal, I think it was overlooked how great a game Hronek played. Correct me if I'm wrong, but he spoon fed Zadina's goal as well.

Yeah, it was a really nice set up.  Having a rookie who can run a top NHL powerplay unit is HUGE.  I'd have that kid living with Mike Green in the offseason if I could. 

Just now, BigWillieStyle said:

In training camp, and in preseason, I thought that Hronek was going to need a few years, because after taking a good hit, he became scared to engage in any physical battles. Since they've brought him back up, it seems like he's gotten over that big hump that looked like it was going to keep him in The AHL for a long time. I like that he's aggressively going after the puck, and learning to use his body to gain position. Saying that, he still needs a lot of work in the defensive end of the ice. 

I actually think he's overly aggressive at times

24 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

It would be huge for AA to play the season out as the top line center and have a few more games like he did tonight. 

I've said it before, he absolutely has the potential to be a top 6 player and a second line center. Whether or not we need him there is another story. 

People on these forums underestimate the guy quite a bit. 

Edited by kickazz

1 minute ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

If Holland gets another cup in his career, with any team, he's a top 5 GM of all time.

3 Cups with 3 different core groups, plus the majority of the streak, suggests GOAT to me.  I mean, what other GM had to rebuild a winner twice?

1 minute ago, kickazz said:

I've said it before, he absolutely has the potential to be a top 6 player and a second line center. Whether or not we need him there is another story. 

You like him because you're Indian and he looks like you. It's kinda sad and oddly racist at this point.

2 minutes ago, kickazz said:

I mean, no question he's a top six player.  But if he could be a top six CENTER it would be huge for this team.  It would just give us so many more options at the draft and in UFA. 

1 minute ago, kipwinger said:

3 Cups with 3 different core groups, plus the majority of the streak, suggests GOAT to me.  I mean, what other GM had to rebuild a winner twice?

I don't disagree. What's the black mark on his resume? Losing Hossa? 2011-2016? Drop in the bucket really.

8 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

I actually think he's overly aggressive at times

Nothing wrong with that at all. He's playing a lot like Green did, back when he was a Lidstrom Trophy candidate. Only stronger defensively. It's like his nuts finally dropped while he was down in GR. Maybe he learned a thing or two from McIlwrath.

13 minutes ago, kickazz said:

If they put him with players that are not inept, he is awesome.  If they put him in Helmdening Prison, his efforts are completely wasted.

2 minutes ago, BigWillieStyle said:

Nothing wrong with that at all. He's playing a lot like Green did, back when he was a Lidstrom Trophy candidate. Only stronger defensively. It's like his nuts finally dropped while he was down in GR. Maybe he learned a thing or two from McIlwrath.

Ay i still wanna call up Mcilrath. Let him be the "undertaker" for the rest of the season

1 minute ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

If they put him with players that are not inept, he is awesome.  If they put him in Helmdening Prison, his efforts are completely wasted.

Hey let kick know I called him a dirty pajeet, think he's got me on block

Just now, BigWillieStyle said:

"Aggressive hockey is back in town." 

I believe in culture. If you're not gonna have a winning culture at least pound opponents ala Probert/Kocur era and be feared

1 minute ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

I need to know what that is first!

It's a traditional Indian compliment

29 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

I believe in culture. If you're not gonna have a winning culture at least pound opponents ala Probert/Kocur era and be feared

85-86 was the greatest season in 20 years for The Wings. Harry Neale lost the team in the first month, and it took 2 more to fire him. Kocur was already up and he and Randy Ladouceur we're fighting every game. Brad Park talked Jimmy D into bringing up more meat from Adirondack. Probert came up for good. Ron Duguay was a healthy scratch because Park called him a heartless *****. Those were the days. 1986 was the first time The Wings sold out more than 2 games in a row, since their last year in The Big Red Barn. It was really the beginning of the good times to come.

Not to mention I was just a youngin' at 31 yers old. Damn I miss those days. 

Edited by BigWillieStyle
Totally effed the formatting.

7 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Whatever happened to Brad Park, guy is kinda a secret legend

No idea what he's up to. Last I saw him was playing for The Bruins Alumni team, a few years ago. 

Don't know about him being secret, he just wasn't Bobby Orr, or Montreal's big 3. Though I'd put him as good as any of those 3, and right behind Denis Potvin, in my list of greatest defensemen of the 70's-80's.