• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Dabura

3/9 Florida, Vol. 1 GDT - Red Wings @ Lightning - 7:00 PM ET

Rate this topic

3 minutes ago, Wingnut1989 said:

less then 10 i believe or they have to protect him in the expansion draft i think not sure on that

Well, apparently he's the next Kucherov so I hope they send him down sooner rather than later. Can't have anybody steering this tank off its tracks!

https://eu.detroitnews.com/story/sports/nhl/red-wings/2019/03/09/detroit-red-wings-hope-filip-zadina-can-follow-nikita-kucherov/3114350002/

57 minutes ago, Wingnut1989 said:

less then 10 i believe or they have to protect him in the expansion draft i think not sure on that

Yep. We'd burn a year off his ELC *and* we'd have to protect him in the expansion draft. Holland and Blashill have both stated unambiguously that he's only here for the few games and then it's back to GR for the rest of the season -- and then we'll see where he's at in the fall. He might be able to claim a roster spot straight out of camp. A solid summer of pro training could do him wonders.

15 minutes ago, Hockeymom1960 said:

And to make the clusterf*** even bigger, Larkin is out :lol:

Until at least Tuesday. :( Sounds like it isn't anything too serious, though. (knock on wood)

Edited by Dabura

12 minutes ago, Akakabuto said:

https://www.nhl.com/news/nhl-fantasy-hockey-strength-of-schedule-remaining-games-2018-19/c-305362652?tid=277729150

In theory, this bodes will for the tank. And, I mean, the schedule kind of speaks for itself:

https://www.nhl.com/redwings/schedule/2019-03-01/ET

https://www.nhl.com/redwings/schedule/2019-04-01/ET

*HOWEVER*, I dunno that I trust the Wings to not overachieve and grab a bunch of points against much better teams. Because Red Wings. As for the number of road games...it's not like the Wings are any better at home than they are on the road.

That being said, I'm looking to the other basement teams to take advantage of their more favorable schedules.

Notes: Zadina gaining confidence, excited to face Lightning [DetroitRedWings.com]

"I thought he's gotten better game by game," Wings coach Jeff Blashill said. "I thought the last three games he's looked the most dangerous. As I've said earlier, that to me is the biggest thing with him. I want him to look dangerous offensively. I think he's a pretty complete player for a young, young guy.

"He stops on pucks, blocks shots, plays pretty good D. I wanted to make sure he's real confident with the puck, and as he's gone through this, he's gotten more and more confident, making plays, finding ways to create space. So I think it's real positive steps in the right direction, certainly good for our organization."

"Some wingers are pure shooters. They just wait for a centerman to get them the puck. They're just pure shooters," Blashill said. "And some wingers, and probably the best is in the other locker room in (Nikita) Kucherov, controls the play. He controls the play, Kucherov does, like a centerman. I think Filip is somewhere in between there, where he looks like a guy who not only has a real good shot but can control the puck enough and make enough plays.

"(Thomas) Vanek talks lots about how important confidence is and a lot of that comes from confidence. It's just a learning process and learning how to create space. He's not super fast and he's not super big. So he has to create space with his mind and he's gotta create space with his edges. He's real quick at cutbacks and I think he's done a real good job of learning that, learning how to create space."