• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Dabura

3/9 Florida, Vol. 1 GDT - Red Wings @ Lightning - 7:00 PM ET

Rate this topic

Not dead yet!

For whatever it's worth, I've lived in Florida a long time and the Lightning are the local team on my cable system.  I always like seeing the Wings come on and make make these announcers sound ... well like our guys sound tonight.  Seems like a long time since it's happened, so I went and looked it up.  This will be our 14 straight loss to the Lightning with the last victory coming on 4/17/16, and that was in the playoffs.  That win was our only win in that playoff series.

So, we win one game, and stay in a game that we should have been out of in the 1st period. Both without Larkin. Larkin is lazy and sucks...

Goodnight, my fellow Red Wings fans. It's been a pleasure as always. Last one out, can you wake up Dabs, and tell him this loss is on him. 

5 minutes ago, datterberg1340 said:

14 losses in a row now to these guys

gotta start wondering when the whole 'law of averages' thing is gonna kick in

hopes are high for this Thursday

Sadly, we've gift wrapped 1/3 of those games for them. Time to quit aiming the gun at our own feet.

I wanted to throw a offer sheet to kucherov so bad. They signed him to an amazing contract too. 

Question for everyone

do you think top teams look at a team like the wings and say oh nice easy game tonight and don’t play as hard as they can? Or do you think the wings show up and play a better game?

i ask cause the wings seem to always lose by a goal. Games are usually pretty close. It’s almost like they’re a player or 2 away from being a playoff team. 

4 minutes ago, brett said:

Question for everyone

do you think top teams look at a team like the wings and say oh nice easy game tonight and don’t play as hard as they can? Or do you think the wings show up and play a better game?

i ask cause the wings seem to always lose by a goal. Games are usually pretty close. It’s almost like they’re a player or 2 away from being a playoff team. 

That's the million dollar question.

I've thought about it a lot over the past couple of seasons and I'm still not really sure what to make of it. On the one hand, it's really tempting to say we look like a team that's only a couple of players away from the playoffs. On the other hand, I'm not sure I truly believe that.

My current theory is that the Wings are sort of the equivalent of a "pusher" in tennis, faking competence. Like a team that plays a hard trap, except our cheap tactic is a dramatically passive zone defense that clogs the high-danger areas.