• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Dabura

Red Wings Agree to Terms with MSU Forward Taro Hirose on Two-Year ELC

Rate this topic

Red Wings agree to terms with MSU forward Taro Hirose on entry-level deal [DetroitRedWings]

DETROIT - The Detroit Red Wings today agreed to terms with left wing Taro Hirose on a two-year entry-level contract.

Hirose, 22, has spent the last three seasons at Michigan State and has totaled 116 points (33-83-116) in 106 games. This season, Hirose led the nation in points (50), points-per-game (1.47), assists (35), multi-point games (15) and three-point games (9). The 5-foot-10, 160-pound winger was also the Big Ten scoring champion this season, tallying 34 points (10-24-34) in 24 conference games. Hirose became the 15th Spartan to hit the 100-career point mark since 2000, and his 50 points on the year mark the highest point-total for a Spartan since John-Michael Liles recorded 50 points in 2002-03. Hirose, who took the NCAA lead in points and assists on Jan. 4 and carried it throughout the rest of the season, had points in all but eight games for the Spartans and found the scoresheet in 34 of 43 games dating back to the 2017-18 campaign. Hirose was also named one of three finalists for the Big Ten Player of the Year Award, which will be announced next week.

He's from Calgary. Get rekt, Flames!

5 hours ago, SwedeLundin77 said:

I don't care for Holland, but what are you going to do? Not go for two of the top college forwards available because they're not righties? 

I have no problem with these signings, but it's becoming laughable that virtually every player that man drafts, signs, trades for is left-handed. Of course he shouldn't pass over more talented players in the draft just because of handedness. And he shouldn't not sign the top free agents just because they're left-handed. But in my opinion, he should be actively trying to pursue some right-handed forwards via trade. 

8 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

I have no problem with these signings, but it's becoming laughable that virtually every player that man drafts, signs, trades for is left-handed. Of course he shouldn't pass over more talented players in the draft just because of handedness. And he shouldn't not sign the top free agents just because they're left-handed. But in my opinion, he should be actively trying to pursue some right-handed forwards via trade. 

Madison Bowey, Mike Green, Filip Hronek, Luke Glendening, Thomas Vanek, Luke Witkowski, Alec Regula, Lane Zablocki, Ryan O'Reilly, John Adams, Cole Fraser, Reilly Webb, Vili Saarijarvi, Seth Barton, Martin Frk, Dylan McIlrath, Gustav Lindstrom, Patrick Holway..... That's just current players on the team or in the system.

33 minutes ago, SwedeLundin77 said:

Madison Bowey, Mike Green, Filip Hronek, Luke Glendening, Thomas Vanek, Luke Witkowski, Alec Regula, Lane Zablocki, Ryan O'Reilly, John Adams, Cole Fraser, Reilly Webb, Vili Saarijarvi, Seth Barton, Martin Frk, Dylan McIlrath, Gustav Lindstrom, Patrick Holway..... That's just current players on the team or in the system.

Yeah true, but if you leave those guys out you've really got nobody.