• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Dabura

3/14 Conductor GDT - Lightning @ Red Wings - 7:30 PM ET

Rate this topic

Just now, puckloo39 said:

I know you guys want the Wings to lose.  I don't.  This makes me sad.

There's no want, I never want to see them lose, or fail. It's just at this point of the season, eliminated from playoff possibility, the only positive that can come from this season besides development is a better chance at a higher draft pick. Solely for that reason, I want them to finish lower in the standings to improve our near future. I hate watching this team in this condition, but at this point, it only gets better the more games they lose this season.

1 minute ago, MabusIncarnate said:

There's no want, I never want to see them lose, or fail. It's just at this point of the season, eliminated from playoff possibility, the only positive that can come from this season besides development is a better chance at a higher draft pick. Solely for that reason, I want them to finish lower in the standings to improve our near future. I hate watching this team in this condition, but at this point, it only gets better the more games they lose this season.

Perfectly said

1 minute ago, puckloo39 said:

Let's just say I don't share the optimism that we're a lock for Jack Hughes if we just keep losing.  it's not a guarantee...

I'd be absolutely thrilled with Kakko and really happy with one of a number of others, so for me it's really just about adding an elite player. Hughes would be ideal, but I wouldn't say it's Hughes-or-bust.

PP

1 minute ago, Dabura said:

I think it's more that Tampa is just that talented.

This must be what it felt like to face all those great Wings teams who could sleepwalk through the first two periods and then pull a big win off like it was nothing.

That's cool if saying that makes you feel better about it.  I'm certainly not arguing against Tampa being very talented.  Just because they are really good doesn't mean the team on the ice for Detroit tonight is not really bad.

7 minutes ago, Dabura said:

I think it's more that Tampa is just that talented.

This must be what it felt like to face all those great Wings teams who could sleepwalk through the first two periods and then pull a big win off like it was nothing.

Pretty much this.

Back when the 'Russian 5' were a thing - they'd embarrass most opponents top lines without breaking a sweat.

Just now, barabbas16 said:

That's cool if saying that makes you feel better about it.  I'm certainly not arguing against Tampa being very talented.  Just because they are really good doesn't mean the team on the ice for Detroit tonight is not really bad.

I complain about this team in every GDT. I'm just saying the Bolts making us look stupid is probably the most unsurprising turn of events in human history.

Kucherov again. 3-5.

2 minutes ago, barabbas16 said:

I don't think anyone here is under any illusion that our beloved Detroit Red Wings is bad...They're downright f-ing horrible.

Be it coaching - player quality - mgt - etc -etc - this team downright f-ing sucks.

That said - what do you want, or expect to happen at this point of the season? This team needs a handful of high-end quality players, AND most likely better coaching.