• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Dabura

3/14 Conductor GDT - Lightning @ Red Wings - 7:30 PM ET

Rate this topic

I'm not trying to argue with you guys.  All I said was basically "Lol the Wings are really bad."  Then I got the response of "Well, it's more that Tampa is really good."  It seemed to challenge the validity of my post, so I defended my statement.  Just because Tampa is awesome doesn't mean Detroit doesn't suck.  They are both equally true, imo.  Anyway, hopefully not for too many more seasons.

1 minute ago, barabbas16 said:

I'm not trying to argue with you guys.  All I said was basically "Lol the Wings are really bad."  Then I got the response of "Well, it's more that Tampa is really good."  It seemed to challenge the validity of my post, so I defended my statement.  Just because Tampa is awesome doesn't mean Detroit doesn't suck.  They are both equally true, imo.  Anyway, hopefully not for too many more seasons.

No, I don't think anyone disagrees that we suck :lol: 

7 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

That said - what do you want, or expect to happen at this point of the season? This team needs a handful of high-end quality players, AND most likely better coaching.

And we're missing Larkin and Green.

Moral victories are for losers, but this was a decent showing from a skeleton crew Wings team.

3 minutes ago, barabbas16 said:

Wings are the best team in the league. I dunno what you're smoking.

1 minute ago, barabbas16 said:

I get where you're coming from - no worries considering the frustration being a Wings fan today.

There's really not much to expect - we need MASSIVE luck at the future draft/s, and HOPEFULLY our young guys can develop into sumthin that resembles NHL talent.

The only bright side is that we're not alone (Edmonton, Buffalo, Florida, and a few others) are in the same boat...Hell - look at Toronto - a bunch of pretty-boy millennials that'll once again get knocked outta the 1st round.

Press Z to pay respects to Zadina.

We'll miss you, dude. Do some '80s training montages over the summer and come to training camp dressed like Bane.

1 minute ago, F.Michael said:

:lol: 

Vanek in the post game interview...What's the point - he's not gonna be here next season.....Right?

:lookaround:

wait what

4 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

Missed this one.  Zadina looked good eh? 

Wasn't exactly an unholy terror, but he was pretty dangerous at times and he was rarely/never dangerous in a bad way (i.e. defensively). Made some good things happen, easily could've had a three-point night.

His future looks bright. The HYPE! is real.

We traded Tampa the pick that became Vasilevsky.  Could have had Kucherov as well.  Seems like they don't need high draft picks to find franchise players.    

1 hour ago, F.Michael said:

I get where you're coming from - no worries considering the frustration being a Wings fan today.

There's really not much to expect - we need MASSIVE luck at the future draft/s, and HOPEFULLY our young guys can develop into sumthin that resembles NHL talent.

The only bright side is that we're not alone (Edmonton, Buffalo, Florida, and a few others) are in the same boat...Hell - look at Toronto - a bunch of pretty-boy millennials that'll once again get knocked outta the 1st round.

Is that so?  Those teams all have franchise players already.  

2 hours ago, puckloo39 said:

I know you guys want the Wings to lose.  I don't.  This makes me sad.

I agree. There is absolutely no benefit to establishing a losing culture. None.

20 minutes ago, GMRwings1983 said:

Seems like they don't need high draft picks to find franchise players.    

Which is why tanking in order to rebuild is a complete fallacy. You dont have to suck in order to draft good players.

31 minutes ago, GMRwings1983 said:

We traded Tampa the pick that became Vasilevsky.  Could have had Kucherov as well.  Seems like they don't need high draft picks to find franchise players.    

Is that so?  Those teams all have franchise players already.  

And they still suck.

12 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

I agree. There is absolutely no benefit to establishing a losing culture. None.

Which is why tanking in order to rebuild is a complete fallacy. You dont have to suck in order to draft good players.

Luck > everything else at the draft.

53 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

And they still suck.

Luck > everything else at the draft.

Not really.  18.5% odds are a lot better than 9% odds.  If we get stupid at the end like we did last year, we could find ourselves in the 4th spot instead of 2nd or first.  I hate the fact that our brass doesn't realize how much Dahlin mattered.  Dahlin + Hughes and our rebuild would have been expedited 5-7 years.