• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
kickazz

Who will score more goals to end the season, Larkin or AA?

Rate this topic

Who scores more goals this season, Larkin or AA?   

29 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

10 hours ago, kickazz said:

Well there’s 7 people who voted AA, not sure why it would be considered blasphemous to ask the question. 

Neo and 91oR are finding rocks to hide under right now, Kickazz.  It's such an awesome thing to watch those two eat the big piles of crow they served up for themselves.  AA PLAYED 1ST LINE CENTER LAST NIGHT WITH LARKIN IN THE LINEUP.  YASSSSS!!!!!

16 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Neo and 91oR are finding rocks to hide under right now, Kickazz.  It's such an awesome thing to watch those two eat the big piles of crow they served up for themselves.  AA PLAYED 1ST LINE CENTER LAST NIGHT WITH LARKIN IN THE LINEUP.  YASSSSS!!!!!

LOL. And Mrazek got some starts over Howard. I guess that means he's a starting goalie in the NHL? Now AA is a 1C in the NHL! C'mon now. Even you have to know he is not that caliber.

2 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

LOL. And Mrazek got some starts over Howard. I guess that means he's a starting goalie in the NHL? Now AA is a 1C in the NHL! C'mon now. Even you have to know he is not that caliber.

We have 2 really good 2nd line centers right now.  I will agree with you there.

8 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

They're both pushing 30, so I guess not. But since the question came from an AA fanboy, I was questioning the motive behind it.

Typical answer of a hater. Yes we are all Red Winge fans and the players’ fans. I’m guessing you must not be? FYI my favorite player currently is Larkin. I just happened to recognize another’s abilities and potential for growth rather than dismiss it 3 years into their career. I'm allowed to ask this question and make this thread.

Edited by kickazz

6 minutes ago, kickazz said:

Typical answer of a hater. Yes we are all Red Winge fans and the players’ fans. I’m guessing you must not be? FYI my favorite player currently is Larkin. I just happened to recognize another’s abilities and potential for growth rather than dismiss it 3 years into their career. 

3 years?  You are being nice.  AA had less than a full season of games with the Wings before the haters started whipping him.  And even those first 40-50 games were spent alongside the illustrious Drew Miller.

47 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

3 years?  You are being nice.  AA had less than a full season of games with the Wings before the haters started whipping him.  And even those first 40-50 games were spent alongside the illustrious Drew Miller.

I know, I already argued this point previously that his first "Season" was spent playing 9 minutes on average and the year following was a little more. Last year was his first full actual year in a somewhat higher role. This would be the second in that continuing role and he's done well. 

Larkin is the better player overall. But goal scoring wise this question is legitimate for this year. 

Edited by kickazz

1 hour ago, kickazz said:

I know, I already argued this point previously that his first "Season" was spent playing 9 minutes on average and the year following was a little more. Last year was his first full actual year in a somewhat higher role. This would be the second in that continuing role and he's done well. 

Larkin is the better player overall. But goal scoring wise this question is legitimate for this year. 

AA 32

Larkin 31

3 hours ago, kickazz said:

Hard to argue this. Larkin is the far superior all around player, but Athanasiou is the better goal scorer in my opinion. Ideally Larkin is a 30 goal, 55 assist player, and Athanasiou a 35 goal, 30 assist player.

Larkin currently has one more goal (27) in the same number of games (66), while averaging over 5 minutes more per game. Larkin plays against the oppositions best every night, but he's also played with better linemates all season, while AA is stuck with scrubs most nights. With Athanasiou finally getting more ice time, in a top six role, with better linemates, I think he'll finish ahead of Larkin for most goals on the season. Hopefully they both eclipse the 30 goal plateau.

47 minutes ago, MileHighWingsGuy said:

Hope all this loyalty given to contracts of scrubs is shown in spades to Larkin and AA long term. I'm hoping Yzerman opens new doors and a better relationship with some of these kids.

Yzerman was groomed under Ken Holland. You're going to be disappointed if you think things are going to be significantly different or better with Yzerman as GM.

2 hours ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

I was surprised 2-3 years ago that this wasn't all of us.  The guy is lightning in a bottle.

There's a difference between a fan and a fanboy. Also, I think you are using that metaphor incorrectly. I believe the term is only temporary. And it has nothing to do with speed.

Edited by Neomaxizoomdweebie

6 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

There's a difference between a fan and a fanboy. Also, I think you are using that metaphor incorrectly. I believe the term is only temporary. And it has nothing to do with speed.

Gratz on the name calling.

18 hours ago, MileHighWingsGuy said:

Hope all this loyalty given to contracts of scrubs is shown in spades to Larkin and AA long term. I'm hoping Yzerman opens new doors and a better relationship with some of these kids.

Two questions:

1. Why are we acting like Holland has a bad working relationship with the youth?
  2. Isn't Yzerman the guy who played hardball with Jonathan Drouin and ultimately traded his ass out of town?

22 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Yzerman was groomed under Ken Holland. You're going to be disappointed if you think things are going to be significantly different or better with Yzerman as GM.

To catch lightning in a bottle means to accomplish a nearly impossible task, to trap something elusive or fleeting. 

You're no more a Shake a Spear than you are a fan.  Join us fanboys and come on in for the real thing, Neo!