• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
kickazz

Who will score more goals to end the season, Larkin or AA?

Rate this topic

Who scores more goals this season, Larkin or AA?   

29 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On 3/17/2019 at 1:44 PM, Jonas Mahonas said:

Neo and 91oR are finding rocks to hide under right now, Kickazz.  It's such an awesome thing to watch those two eat the big piles of crow they served up for themselves.  AA PLAYED 1ST LINE CENTER LAST NIGHT WITH LARKIN IN THE LINEUP.  YASSSSS!!!!!

To answer the OP: AA will score more over the next 10 games because Larkin's soul is crushed, he knows this team sucks, he is banged up, and he wants better team mates (through the draft) than AA and Mantha. AA only cares about AA so he's on a mission to pad his stats and get his big payday.  

My favorite trend on LGWs right now is when 2-3 consecutive games of AA suckage lulls JoMa into a peaceful, blissful radio silence, followed by a good game by AA and the Zealot-Fanboy-Troll that emerges correspondingly. Typical. 

Just now, The 91 of Ryans said:

To answer the OP: AA will score more over the next 10 games because Larkin's soul is crushed, he knows this team sucks, he is banged up, and he wants better team mates (through the draft) than AA and Mantha. AA only cares about AA so he's on a mission to pad his stats and get his big payday.  

My favorite trend on LGWs right now is when 2-3 consecutive games of AA suckage lulls JoMa into a peaceful, blissful radio silence, followed by a good game by AA and the Zealot-Fanboy-Troll that emerges correspondingly. Typical.

SHOTS FIRED

30 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

His spells frustrate me.  You are right.  I want him to be like Crosby and crush it almost every game.

14 hours ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

To catch lightning in a bottle means to accomplish a nearly impossible task, to trap something elusive or fleeting. 

You're no more a Shake a Spear than you are a fan.  Join us fanboys and come on in for the real thing, Neo!

I prefer life in the real world, not in the computer fabricated Matrix that you AA fanboys live in.

9 hours ago, kickazz said:

That’s just a lame comeback

It wasn't a comeback. I was being totally genuine.

3 hours ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Beyond the destruction of JoMa in this post, on a serious note, AA is one streaky player. 

Which could mean Larkin could end up breaking 30 before him.

Edited by kickazz

1 hour ago, kickazz said:

Beyond the destruction of JoMa in this post, on a serious note, AA is one streaky player. 

Which could mean Larkin could end up breaking 30 before him.

Or it could mean AA pots 4 tonight.  91oR totally nailed it.  I do get pissed when AA goes multiple games with no scoresheet impact.  I want him to turn that corner and be a consistent force regardless of his linemates and ice time.  We really need him to turn out to be good.  Playing with Veleno/Bertuzzi/Mantha going forward next year should help.  If we get Hughes, our top 6 will be fantastic.

Hughes-Larkin-Mantha

Zadina-Veleno-Athanasiou

Bertuzzi-Nielsen-Rasmussen

Add Panarin in UFA, and we start looking like a decent team.  

Hughes-Larkin-Panarin

Zadina-Veleno-Athanasiou

Bertuzzi-Rasmussen-Mantha

De La Rose-Ehn-Glendening

Ditching Abby, Frans, and Helm is the big problem.  Those guys and their contracts are crippling.

1 minute ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Or it could mean AA pots 4 tonight.  91oR totally nailed it.  I do get pissed when AA goes multiple games with no scoresheet impact.  I want him to turn that corner and be a consistent force regardless of his linemates and ice time.  We really need him to turn out to be good.  Playing with Veleno/Bertuzzi/Mantha going forward next year should help.  If we get Hughes, our top 6 will be fantastic.

Hughes-Larkin-Mantha

Zadina-Veleno-Athanasiou

Bertuzzi-Nielsen-Rasmussen

Add Panarin in UFA, and we start looking like a decent team.  

Hughes-Larkin-Panarin

Zadina-Veleno-Athanasiou

Bertuzzi-Rasmussen-Mantha

De La Rose-Ehn-Glendening

Ditching Abby, Frans, and Helm is the big problem.  Those guys and their contracts are crippling.

Actually they could do everything you've posted with those contracts. Not crippling.

11 hours ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

91oR, would you like some mashed potAAtoes with your crow? 

10 hours ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

91oR, would you like some mashed potAAtoes with your crow? 

LOL Do you even remember what my actual opinion of AA is? 

1.Not a 2nd line center on a contending team. Dude's a winger.

2. Poke and hoper

3. In it for AA - you think Larkin would have held out until November for an extra 500k? Please. 

In this context I think I'll eat something delicious instead. Maybe some avocado and salmon. To maintain my awesome brain activity. :lol:

Also, GTFO!! 

2 hours ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

LOL Do you even remember what my actual opinion of AA is? 

1.Not a 2nd line center on a contending team. Dude's a winger.

2. Poke and hoper

3. In it for AA - you think Larkin would have held out until November for an extra 500k? Please. 

In this context I think I'll eat something delicious instead. Maybe some avocado and salmon. To maintain my awesome brain activity. :lol:

Also, GTFO!! 

Kickazz debunked all these points earlier this year.

But I give you credit for not hiding when doubles is killing it.

21 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

LOL Right. Well that's that I guess. Case closed. 

I mean you can continue on about AA not deserving more than 1.5 mil a year, but it's easy to get a list of comparables and show why an arbitrator would award him AT LEAST what he made/is making.  We showed you plenty of video tape of AA playing a 200' game.  And the rest of your drivel is hearsay.

If you want to make a good point, you should argue advanced stats and possession metrics.  Larkin plays against better opponents and still drives the play forward for the Wings.  Athanasiou has played with terrible linemates for the start of his career, but has unacceptable corsi/fenwick for percentages.  I'm anxious to see what a full season of playing with top 6 caliber guys will do for his possession metrics tho.  If he doesn't start appearing in the 53-55% range for CF%, then all of his jaw dropping plays are really just a waste of time from a team perspective and your "fanboy" argument will have some real legitimacy.

11 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

I mean you can continue on about AA not deserving more than 1.5 mil a year, but it's easy to get a list of comparables and show why an arbitrator would award him AT LEAST what he made/is making.  We showed you plenty of video tape of AA playing a 200' game.  And the rest of your drivel is hearsay.

If you want to make a good point, you should argue advanced stats and possession metrics.  Larkin plays against better opponents and still drives the play forward for the Wings.  Athanasiou has played with terrible linemates for the start of his career, but has unacceptable corsi/fenwick for percentages.  I'm anxious to see what a full season of playing with top 6 caliber guys will do for his possession metrics tho.  If he doesn't start appearing in the 53-55% range for CF%, then all of his jaw dropping plays are really just a waste of time from a team perspective and your "fanboy" argument will have some real legitimacy.

Save it. Not neccesary.

I've always liked AA's explosive offensive ability. And now I'm finally starting to see, thanks to your campaign, that he is a legitimate 200 ft threat. He's even pushing Larkin level greatness.  Not sure how I didn't see this before. I expect big things from him next year when it really counts and his stats mean something. 

Now if you excuse me, I'm going to shift my focus to complaining about how much Blashill and Holland suck. Cuz that's how we doooooo

2 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Save it. Not neccesary.

I've always liked AA's explosive offensive ability. And now I'm finally starting to see, thanks to your campaign, that he is a legitimate 200 ft threat. He's even pushing Larkin level greatness.  Not sure how I didn't see this before. I expect big things from him next year when it really counts and his stats mean something. 

Now if you excuse me, I'm going to shift my focus to complaining about how much Blashill and Holland suck. Cuz that's how we doooooo

Ok.  Cool.  Larkins Corsi For is impressive, I have to admit.  On a s*** team, tilting the ice in our favor is nice.

AA is in a grove right now

larkin just coming off injury and has helm

but bert with larkin and you may have a different goal scoring leader

i hope they both hit 30 but looking far fetched for larkin right now. helm and mantha arent great set up guys

I'll wade into the middle of this debate only to say that with AA corsi matters a whole lot less because of his breakaway ability.  Corsi is a function of shots on goal, and it's a good measure of possession and a good predictor of success for most players (generally speaking).  In one very important respect AA isn't like most players.  He gets lots of breakaways.  If you get two or three shots on goal a game, and your line is badly out shot, but you get two breakaways and bury them your possession metrics will suck, but you'll be super valuable in a limited role (kinda like Michael Grabner).  AA's value isn't in driving possession.  AA's value is in being able to generate offense when your team DOESN'T HAVE possession. 

1 hour ago, kipwinger said:

I'll wade into the middle of this debate only to say that with AA corsi matters a whole lot less because of his breakaway ability.  Corsi is a function of shots on goal, and it's a good measure of possession and a good predictor of success for most players (generally speaking).  In one very important respect AA isn't like most players.  He gets lots of breakaways.  If you get two or three shots on goal a game, and your line is badly out shot, but you get two breakaways and bury them your possession metrics will suck, but you'll be super valuable in a limited role (kinda like Michael Grabner).  AA's value isn't in driving possession.  AA's value is in being able to generate offense when your team DOESN'T HAVE possession. 

Good call.

7 hours ago, kipwinger said:

Which would make you wonder, how valuable will Athanasiou be beyond his prime years? His main asset right now is his speed. What happens when he loses a step or two? He will have to adapt his game to keep up the production. Will he be able / willing to do that? I'm not so sure. He may be our first 30 goal scorer in 10 years when we had four (Zetterberg, Datsyuk, Franzen and Hossa) hit that mark. I'd still consider trading him if it meant bringing in a young, top pair defenseman though...

1 hour ago, krsmith17 said:

Which would make you wonder, how valuable will Athanasiou be beyond his prime years? His main asset right now is his speed. What happens when he loses a step or two? He will have to adapt his game to keep up the production. Will he be able / willing to do that? I'm not so sure. He may be our first 30 goal scorer in 10 years when we had four (Zetterberg, Datsyuk, Franzen and Hossa) hit that mark. I'd still consider trading him if it meant bringing in a young, top pair defenseman though...

Agreed. AA has the smallest window. They need to trade him while his value is at its highest. My concern is that Holland signs him to an Abby like contract and we're stuck with him after he ceases to be a scoring threat.

2 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

Which would make you wonder, how valuable will Athanasiou be beyond his prime years? His main asset right now is his speed. What happens when he loses a step or two? He will have to adapt his game to keep up the production.

Could say the same thing about Larkin, tbh.

5 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Agreed. AA has the smallest window. They need to trade him while his value is at its highest. My concern is that Holland signs him to an Abby like contract and we're stuck with him after he ceases to be a scoring threat.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying we must trade Athanasiou because he's due to regress. I think it's a few years before that would be an issue. I do think his name should be on the table for any potential trades involving a top pair defenseman though.

10 hours ago, kipwinger said:

Hence he should also be a penalty killer. 

18 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Of course you agree with that