• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Jersey Wing

Let's play "YOU are are league disciplinarian"

Rate this topic

He harai goshi'd him holy s***..

Judo has no place in hockey. That s*** is meant to be done on a rubber mat or in a ring that's pliable and bouncy (like MMA or WWE). Not on ICE.

Wouldn't be surprised if he got a lifetime ban. Could have paralyzed or killed the guy instantly.. Helmet basically saved him. 

Do people not learn from the Todd Bertuzzi situation? Hockey fights are fun and great but damn try not to kill the guy.. 

Edited by kickazz

2 hours ago, kickazz said:

He harai goshi'd him holy s***..

Judo has no place in hockey. That s*** is meant to be done on a rubber mat or in a ring that's pliable and bouncy (like MMA or WWE). Not on ICE.

Wouldn't be surprised if he got a lifetime ban. Could have paralyzed or killed the guy instantly.. Helmet basically saved him. 

Do people not learn from the Todd Bertuzzi situation? Hockey fights are fun and great but damn try not to kill the guy.. 

I don't think he was trying to kill the guy.  It was just very careless considering the surface of play.  Actually, dropping someone on their head is dangerous even in judo.  He was likely trying to throw him on his back and screwed up.  

This was in the French league.  I don't know what their rules are for hockey fights and whether these players even know the normal protocol when there is a hockey fight.  

1 minute ago, GMRwings1983 said:

I don't think he was trying to kill the guy.  It was just very careless considering the surface of play.  Actually, dropping someone on their head is dangerous even in judo.  He was likely trying to throw him on his back and screwed up.  

This was in the French league.  I don't know what their rules are for hockey fights and whether these players even know the normal protocol when there is a hockey fight.  

No obviously he wasn't trying to kill him, it was a hyperbole.  

well i had an extreme peewee coach. we had this drill had to stay beneath the goal line to the board and you had to take another 3 people down how ever you could. while i never hip threw someone or got hip thrown people landing on their heads and this was in pee wee dont ask me why this was a drill. but i know i was quickest to take everyone down, good old coach mike reynolds.

i dont really see a difference between this and how a fight normally ended when another person wrestles the other guy to the ice theyre both equally dangerous you never know what happens when 2 guys wrestle. and in this case it actually looks like he landed on his shoulder. i knew this was going to happen eventually. i did not think it would be that frowned upon. guys got a helmet and pads.. mma guys dont yeah theyre landing on a softer surface but this guy had a helmet and pads on and i think thats a lot safer then a no pads and a softer surface. i guess nhlers better take some mma courses in the off season get ready whos going to be the first to choke someone out?

On 3/18/2019 at 6:11 PM, brett said:

well i had an extreme peewee coach. we had this drill had to stay beneath the goal line to the board and you had to take another 3 people down how ever you could. while i never hip threw someone or got hip thrown people landing on their heads and this was in pee wee dont ask me why this was a drill. but i know i was quickest to take everyone down, good old coach mike reynolds.

i dont really see a difference between this and how a fight normally ended when another person wrestles the other guy to the ice theyre both equally dangerous you never know what happens when 2 guys wrestle. and in this case it actually looks like he landed on his shoulder. i knew this was going to happen eventually. i did not think it would be that frowned upon. guys got a helmet and pads.. mma guys dont yeah theyre landing on a softer surface but this guy had a helmet and pads on and i think thats a lot safer then a no pads and a softer surface. i guess nhlers better take some mma courses in the off season get ready whos going to be the first to choke someone out?

Wrestling someone to the ground is completely different than flipping them to land on their head/neck..

Just because he had a helmet on doesn’t mean anything. Remember what happened to Steve Moore? He had a helmet on and still can’t function properly or live a normal life.  Plus a helmet doesn’t protect you from your neck getting twisted or landing on a bent. It just protects the top of your head. This guys neck was bent during impact. 

Edited by kickazz