• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
krsmith17

Blashill expected back next season...

Rate this topic

40 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

Marner is an RFA, he can ask for whatever he wants, he can even sit out for a portion of the season (ask Nylander).  Nevertheless, he's not getting 12 million dollars.  So I don't think it's that big a concern.

Marner won't get that much. He'll get more than Nylander and less than Matthews. $9-10 million. The leafs can buy out Marleau's $6.5 million or whatever and do a couple other things to make room. That being said though, Dubas overpaid for Nylander. 

I am just sick of Blash voice at this point. Anytime I hear or see him, I just mute the TV until he's off the screen. I don't care to hear a single word he has to say. 

Same would be said for Babs.

Edited by xault

7 hours ago, Barrie said:

Tavares contract upped the value on Matthews, Marner, and Nylander. Marner is going to ask for $12 Million now. How can the Leafs make that happen?

7 hours ago, kipwinger said:

Marner is an RFA, he can ask for whatever he wants, he can even sit out for a portion of the season (ask Nylander).  Nevertheless, he's not getting 12 million dollars.  So I don't think it's that big a concern.

Also, it's not only players from your team that dictate a player's value, it's player's around the league. I'm pretty sure the Islanders were willing to match the Leafs offer, but Tavares elected to leave the team that drafted him and sign with his hometown team. If Darren Farris sees Tavares as a comparable, he'd use him regardless if he were in Toronto or New York. I see Point and Rantanen as more comparable players than Tavares. Both are RFA's after this season, similar age, similar production, same position. I think that's why the Marner camp have decided to wait it out. Let's see what some other players around the league get this offseason, and go from there.

Marner can ask for $12M all he wants, he's not going to get it. I can see him get around $9-10M though, and that was going to happen with or without the Tavares signing.

I hope everything comes crumbling down in Leafs Nation, but Dubas definitely didn't screw the Leafs long term future by signing Tavares. You're never screwing over your team by signing an elite center.