• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeymom1960

"The Russian 5" Documentary

Rate this topic

Stream The Russian 5 Movie

The above link is to the Russian 5 Movie's website. They're making the movie available to stream at home as of tomorrow June 7.

Looks like the cost is $10.00. Probably well worth it, as that's the price of like 1 movie ticket. I'll be watching tomorrow night.

3 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

The above link is to the Russian 5 Movie's website. They're making the movie available to stream at home as of tomorrow June 7.

Looks like the cost is $10.00. Probably well worth it, as that's the price of like 1 movie ticket. I'll be watching tomorrow night.

If it doesn't involve Avtomat Kalashnikova then I'm not interested.

On 6/6/2019 at 2:35 PM, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Did you watch it? Was it worth the $10? I know its a documentary, but it seems like a cross between a hockey movie and a Tom Clancy thriller. Sounds like it would be good.

On 6/6/2019 at 6:21 PM, F.Michael said:

Is she still dating Fedorov?

Bought it off Amazon Prime and think it was worth the $$

Watched it with GF and though she is not a huge fan(YET).  She thought it was a pretty cool movie. Some of the cartoon things reminded me of  the Sin City movie. But when Slava talked about man tears over Vladdy........

Was cool and weird seeing Dave Strader and Brian Murray talking about the Wings. Too bad the movie folks didn't get a chance to include an interview with Mr I.  

Jimmy D was like your old uncle telling the story

Watched it today with the wife.

Both of us really enjoyed it, would highly recommend. 

1 hour ago, AtlantaHotWings said:

Bought it off Amazon Prime and think it was worth the $$

Watched it with GF and though she is not a huge fan(YET).  She thought it was a pretty cool movie. Some of the cartoon things reminded me of  the Sin City movie. But when Slava talked about man tears over Vladdy........

Was cool and weird seeing Dave Strader and Brian Murray talking about the Wings. Too bad the movie folks didn't get a chance to include an interview with Mr I.  

Jimmy D was like your old uncle telling the story

Right in the feels. 

One of the best sports documentaries ever made. The book is also great with more details that are not mentioned in the film. And the cover of course is Epic! Well done by “The Russian Five” creators. I think they deserve the highest award in this category.

Edited by arag
Spelling

On 6/8/2019 at 5:16 PM, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Did you watch it? Was it worth the $10? I know its a documentary, but it seems like a cross between a hockey movie and a Tom Clancy thriller. Sounds like it would be good.

Is she still dating Fedorov?

So I got it on VUDU, was $4.00 for a 24 hour rental, or $10.00 to own it. I just decided to buy it, as I will probably watch again.

Definitely more interviews and story telling than actual hockey. Was kinda hoping for more Russian 5 highlights personally, but it was still good all the same. Like others have said, it's something you can watch with the wife, girlfriend, side-chick, and they probably won't get bored.

Anybody else low key get the impression that Kozlov is a total bad ass?

Also interesting to hear how excited Vladdy was to defect. Like Fedorov seemed more cautious about it, but Vladdy deep down just wanted the hell out. 

Jim Devellano also is not a real person. It is reveled after the credits that he passed in 1996 and the Wings replaced him with an animatronic robot. He operates much like an Amazon Alexa or Apple Siri, except he can only parrot information about hockey and ruin thanksgiving.

Edited by ChristopherReevesLegs

5 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Jim Devellano also is not a real person. It is reveled after the credits that he passed in 1996 and the Wings replaced him with an animatronic robot. He operates much like an Amazon Alexa or Apple Siri, except he can only parrot information about hockey and ruin thanksgiving.

Spoiler alert! Why didnt u include a spoiler alert?

Edited by Neomaxizoomdweebie

8 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

I thought maybe he was replaced by an Ontario Provincial Police Officer with strikingly similar looks and sound. But just a slightly different hair part.

2 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

I thought maybe he was replaced by an Ontario Provincial Police Officer with strikingly similar looks and sound. But just a slightly different hair part.

Everytime I've been to Ontario and seen their police cars I cant help but break into "You down with OPP?. Yeah, you know me."

Watched last night. Super, super good.  Can buy/rent on Amazon video.  Wife isn't into hockey and she was riveted... she also didn't know any of the Konstantinov stuff, so that was interesting to watch with her.

10 hours ago, Hockeymom1960 said:

When my daughter and I went to the movie theater to watch in the nice recliners, a lady next to had the audacity to fall asleep!!!!  Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?  She even started snoring!  Her husband who sat on the other side must of dragged her to it.  :butbut: :nono: :shocking: :lol:

Obviously she was a Leafs fan....

Honestly, ya it was good to watch, but I lived through it live, and heard all the stories about how they came here right when or after they happened. I watched live on TV the whole Fedorov defection, and knew of the fake Vladdy injury, along with Kozy's car accident. I watched Red Army, so I already knew the entire Festisov and Larinov stories.  I was a little bit disappointed in it.  I know this is an unpopular opinion, but after it was over,I felt like I just watch an extended fan video on YouTube.  Yes, there were some things and interviews that I did not see back then, and that is what made it good, but it still felt like a YouTube video.  Sorry, that is just my opinion.

You can be cheap, like me, and watch it for free if you want. I was all ready to pay $5, but someone put it on youtube for nothin'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=voN3IrxZFpw

Very well done, it's emotional at the end with the limo accident and winning the Cup again in 1998.

Oh, I was also yelling at the TV when they showed Claude Lemieux sucker punch Kozlov and hit Draper, "I hate you Claude Lemieux!!" :lol:... I will always hate that snake!

Edited by Barrie

On 6/6/2019 at 7:21 PM, F.Michael said:

It was always fun when they were dating, during breaks in the play, looking up at the Luxury Boxes to see if Anna was there :lol: