• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeymom1960

March 26, 1997....

Rate this topic

5 hours ago, kipwinger said:

I'm glad people still remember March 26, 1997.  If not, Darren McCarty would have no way to make enough drug money to have a good time this weekend. 

Why do you hate Red Wings legend Darren McCarty?

10 hours ago, kipwinger said:

I'm glad people still remember March 26, 1997.  If not, Darren McCarty would have no way to make enough drug money to have a good time this weekend. 

Ergo you support Claude Lemeiux 

Blasphemy.

8 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Excerpt on this day from the new Russian 5 movie

I like that I know the difference between a sucker punch and a cold cock now. Also I think Devellano is hilarious and should be in front of the camera wayyyyy more.

Is it me, or does Jimmy D talk/sound like a 'toned down' Gilbert Gottfried?

4 hours ago, kickazz said:

Ergo you support Claude Lemeiux 

Blasphemy.

To be honest - I've only met 2 guys that liked Claude Lemieux...Both were Avs fans (no surprise),  neither one thought what he did was 'dirty', and both played pick-up hockey.

1 guy was a co-worker of mine, and played in the net...Made sure I bumped him while skating by, and scored a handful of goals on him (all were 5 hole - his glaring weakness)...The other guy was a Milwaukee cop who along with other cops/firefighters liked to play rough/physical (gloves were not dropped, but we certainly pushed things).

Yeah - that day in particular is still fresh in my memory...Certainly was a catalyst for our back to back Cup wins.

13 hours ago, Izzy24 said:

Why do you hate Red Wings legend Darren McCarty?

He's an opportunistic deadbeat? He preys on people's legitimate feelings of nostalgia for weed money? Because once a year he does some Bulls***ting interview about how his "blood still boils" when he thinks about the fight,  but then smiles and jokes and shakes hands with Lemieux during autograph signings...signings which people pay for and which "bad guy" Lemieux does for charity and McCarty does for weed.   

When I think about March 26th I think about how awesome Igor Larionov was for wrestling a goddamn*d horse.  Or Brendan Shanahans flying tackle.  Or the goalie showdown.   But McCarty can go to hell because I HATE carpetbaggers.

29 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

He's an opportunistic deadbeat? He preys on people's legitimate feelings of nostalgia for weed money? Because once a year he does some Bulls***ting interview about how his "blood still boils" when he thinks about the fight,  but then smiles and jokes and shakes hands with Lemieux during autograph signings...signings which people pay for and which "bad guy" Lemieux does for charity and McCarty does for weed.   

When I think about March 26th I think about how awesome Igor Larionov was for wrestling a goddamn*d horse.  Or Brendan Shanahans flying tackle.  Or the goalie showdown.   But McCarty can go to hell because I HATE carpetbaggers.

McCarty is a person from the northern states who went to the South after the Civil War to profit from the Reconstruction? :lol:

1 minute ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

McCarty is a person from the northern states who went to the South after the Civil War to profit from the Reconstruction? :lol:

Yes, because obviously I'm being literal and not figurative.   He's a financial profiteer was the point. 

4 hours ago, F.Michael said:

Certainly was a catalyst for our back to back Cup wins.

Agreed. I am not so sure they win the cup that year if that day turned out differently.

I also think Vladdy was the catalyst for the 98 cup win.

The team seemed to underchieve the following 3 seasons without the extra motivation until they loaded up with a HOF roster in 02 that couldnt lose.

4 hours ago, F.Michael said:

To be honest - I've only met 2 guys that liked Claude Lemieux...Both were Avs fans (no surprise),  neither one thought what he did was 'dirty', and both played pick-up hockey.

How do they feel about Todd Bertuzzi? Pretty sure I know the answer already.

5 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

He's a financial profiteer was the point. 

So he's a capitalist? That's shameful

4 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Agreed. I am not so sure they win the cup that year if that day turned out differently.

I also think Vladdy was the catalyst for the 98 cup win.

The team seemed to underchieve the following 3 seasons without the extra motivation until they loaded up with a HOF roster in 02 that couldnt lose.

How do they feel about Todd Bertuzzi? Pretty sure I know the answer already.

So he's a capitalist? That's shameful

Well McCarty doesn't seem to have any shame,  but yes.   Different thing than illegal though.  

Of all people I thought you'd understand.  If some hippie manufactured outrage in order to drum up money to support their drug habit I assume you and your tribe would be up in arms right?

46 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

Do you think he's addicted to the marijuanas?

2 hours ago, kipwinger said:

Well McCarty doesn't seem to have any shame,  but yes.   Different thing than illegal though.  

Of all people I thought you'd understand.  If some hippie manufactured outrage in order to drum up money to support their drug habit I assume you and your tribe would be up in arms right?

Lol. I was joking (mostly). I dont agree wirh making profit thru illegal or immoral means, but D Mac is making money from an event that he was a major part of. I have no problem with that. And what he does with that money that he has rightly earned is his business.

6 hours ago, kipwinger said:

This is very disrespectful. 

Are you unaware he also scored the GWG in game 4 of the finals that year?

I bet Kip was a huge McCarty fan as a kid, went to get his autograph and got rejected and hates him ever since.

Idols are always hit or miss when you meet them IRL.

Also Kip, I hate to break it to you, but almost everyone smokes weed these days. Wouldn’t be surprised if McCarty gets medical marijuana which is legal anyways.

Now if we’re talking cocaine or something like a lot of the 80s and early 90s players did then sure, I’m with you. But weed is like... piss water in comparison.

Edited by kickazz