• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Dabura

3/28 BuffaLOL GDT - Red Wings @ Sabres - 7:00 PM ET

Rate this topic

20 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Anybody else actually think Ehn is pretty astute at defense? Been liking that out of him a lot lately

*Obligatory McIlrath please hurt their faces with your hands comment*

He's definitely solid defensively. But then, that's always been his game. It'll be interesting to see if he can add some more scoring to his game. His skating should help.

1 hour ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Buffalo tanks every year and gets good draft picks. How's that working out?

Horribly.

I'm 100% with you on the importance of avoiding that kind of slide into an endless cycle of suck. At the same time, I'm fine with where the Wings are. I don't think we're close to being another Buffalo or Edmonton. To which you might respond, "I'm sure the Oilers and Sabres thought the same thing way back when." To which I'd say the Oilers and Sabres have been done in largely by poor management, narrow vision. They've been trying to make bricks with no clay, build a house with no foundation.

For all the criticism that gets hurled at the Wings, the people in this organization do genuinely care about maintaining a winning culture and that's hugely important.

Edited by Dabura

I'd be ok with Puempel being a full-time 4th-liner/bottom-sixer. Not feasible, I guess, but it's a thought.

Larkin's line is getting caved in thus far. Oof.

PK

Ken: So there's the odds. Wings fans don't want the wins, for obvious reasons.

Mickey: Yep. It's a tough situation and that's about all you can say about it.

I think that's the first time they've ever addressed the subject without going out of their way to note that the odds guarantee nothing.