• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Dabura

3/29 Five Asssists by Hirose on the Gray GDT - Devils @ Red Wings - 7:30 PM ET

Rate this topic

Just got back to the hotel from the game - great win!

Even though it's a bit of a tough pill to swallow regarding the lower % of landing a top 2 pick - I enjoy watching our young guys skate hard, and play with some passion.

What happened to Bernier? All of a sudden Howard was starting the 3rd?

5 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

No way, a team has two first rounders? How does that happen?

What's even more mind boggling is how Buffalo is becoming the next Edmonton...And Edmonton is still the Edmonton...

7 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

Just got back to the hotel from the game - great win!

Even though it's a bit of a tough pill to swallow regarding the lower % of landing a top 2 pick - I enjoy watching our young guys skate hard, and play with some passion.

What happened to Bernier? All of a sudden Howard was starting the 3rd?

What's even more mind boggling is how Buffalo is becoming the next Edmonton...And Edmonton is still the Edmonton...

And Freidman is spreading word on the street that they are considering firing Housley now too lol

5 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

Half... Dad is Asian. Mom is Caucasian...

Since he's 50/50...Why don't we merge the 2 - Asian, and Caucasian...Asian + Caucasian = Asianasian

Just now, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

And Freidman is spreading word on the street that they are considering firing Housley now too lol

Yup...Eichel is going thru coaches on a pace that Phil Kessel would be proud of.

#Ugly'MURICANS

With the Chelios debut tonight the current 2019 league has a Chelios, Bertuzzi, Lemieux, Tkachuk, Nylander, Domi, Foligno, Parise, Gagner, Wolanin, Statsny, and Sutter playing in it. There's also like a buncha other players with lesser known last names who had their fathers and/or uncles play in the league before them.

Nature? Nurture? Nepotism? All 3?

21 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

With the Chelios debut tonight the current 2019 league has a Chelios, Bertuzzi, Lemieux, Tkachuk, Nylander, Domi, Foligno, Parise, Gagner, Wolanin, Statsny, and Sutter playing in it. There's also like a buncha other players with lesser known last names who had their fathers and/or uncles play in the league before them.

Nature? Nurture? Nepotism? All 3?

It's 2019 and The Red Wings have a Bertuzzi, Chelios, Holmstrom, and Lindstrom in the system...

what_year_is_it.jpg

Edited by ChristopherReevesLegs

2 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Exactly. Colorado doesnt have to keep losing to get a high pick. 

Yeah, because that pick isn't their own.  They have that luxury, we don't.

2 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

7 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

We do have the luxury. We dont have to want the team to lose to get a good draft pick. This team is awful on its own. Winning some games isnt going to change that.

If we're gonna drop multiple spots in the draft, which looks really likely right now, I'd rather drop to 4th or 5th then 7th or 8th.  The way this team is going right now, there headed towards the latter, which would be a monumental disappointment imo.  Now if the balls fall in our favor, this is all a moot point, but I'd rather rely on luck as little as possible.

5 hours ago, TLGTrico said:

If we're gonna drop multiple spots in the draft, which looks really likely right now, I'd rather drop to 4th or 5th then 7th or 8th.  The way this team is going right now, there headed towards the latter, which would be a monumental disappointment imo.  Now if the balls fall in our favor, this is all a moot point, but I'd rather rely on luck as little as possible.

Man, people really have a difficult time grasping what a lottery is... Luck is exactly what the draft lottery, or any lottery for that matter, is... More than likely some team outside of the bottom 3 teams will draft in the top 3. There's no way of knowing which team that will be until after the balls are dropped... It's literally all luck. 

3 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

Man, people really have a difficult time grasping what a lottery is... Luck is exactly what the draft lottery, or any lottery for that matter, is... More than likely some team outside of the bottom 3 teams will draft in the top 3. There's no way of knowing which team that will be until after the balls are dropped... It's literally all luck. 

Yeah, but like I said, if we don't win the lottery, I'd much rather pick 4th or 5th then 7th or 8th.

46 minutes ago, TLGTrico said:

Yeah, but like I said, if we don't win the lottery, I'd much rather pick 4th or 5th then 7th or 8th.

Which is fine. I get that part of it. But if you're going to complain, at least wait until after the draft lottery. It's only another 9 days...

Who knows, this last little streak we've been on, may be exactly what we've needed to get that top (three) pick... or maybe we end up dropping back. It's all luck of the draw...

Me personally, I'll never root for losses, or get upset with wins for exactly that reason. I may look back after the lottery and say, "man if we lost one more game", or "if we won one more game, we would have gotten Hughes"... "But oh well, there's no way we could have known that at the time"...