• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
kickazz

3/31 AA / Larkin in the 30 goals club GDT - Bruins at Red Wings 7:30 PM EST

Rate this topic

13 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

It’s a f***en lottery yes and everyone would tell you with a worse record you have better odds what’s not to f***en understand ? Hey why don’t you go tell montreal not to give up cause they have a 1% chance of winning ... know why ? Cause they won’t Likely bloody f***en win

i don’t understand what the problem is ? You want us to have the 7th best odds to win or 2nd? Or 3rd? If we’re in this spot all year then fine it is what it is , fact is we s*** the bed completely for games 1-72 and we’re throwing away our chances of getting a bonafied star just so you guys can bukkake each other cause we’re winning meaningless games and our kids are finally developing cause mantha got 6 pts !

its not just about the odds of 1st pick , it’s the odds of a top 3 pick slipping but hey big whoop! If we pass the ducks next who cares 

you think we’re due a bit of luck? You know who else thinks they’re due a bit of luck?nj?la?buff?

oh ya sure there’s a chance whoever we draft at 8th can be better than kakko or hughes .... cause the same s*** was said at the crosby draft, or Matthews, mcdavid but hey whatever bs you gotta believe go for it (and no I’m not saying anyone this year is as good as those guys) 

Get over myself I don’t know s*** ... coming from the guy now spewing a bunch of bs like he knows s*** ... the f*** outta here man, you don’t wanna read what I have to say that’s fine but F off with your bs 

Ya some people will always find a way to look at a fictitious future 

Some people don’t get it and like to pretend franchise game changing players fall on your lap magically in the 8th spot in a yearly basis ... nice dreamworld 

You're absolutely correct. Winning hurts our chances at the lottery. It does.

So now where would you like to go from here? Like what would make you happy? If we all declared that winning = bad and told the Wings to stop it?

If so, I'll bravely start

WINNING IS BAD. WINGS STOP WINNING.

Well, I've done my part, but I encourage everyone to post the same thing at least once, so the Wings realize it's time to stop winning again.

Now that that's outta the way, how bout them Mantha goals? I told you he was a Franzen. Also Hirose has evolved... the apples no longer satiate him...

I'd be lying if I said I didn't want Bert to hit 20 goals.  It's really too late to do anything about it anyway.  All I can hope for now is that we don't pass anyone else in the standings.  And now that I've said that, the Rangers are gonna get Hughes aren't they?

18 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Hey you guys are all entitled to do whatever the f you want , feel how you want just like I am and Im just dumbfounded that everyone seems cool with throwing away a game changing player when the facts are for games 1-72 we were absolute s*** and headed that way(yes I know it’s a lottery bla la ) and had one coming to Motown almost surely and now we win meaningless hockey games where let’s face it teams aren’t trying as hard down the stretch and everyone’s loving it cause they believe we’re so great and she’s headed in the right stretch etc..

So you're expectation is that we all freakout in a negative manner over the win? I get that you're looking toward the future my dood, but I genuinely enjoy watching hockey and I genuinely enjoy watching my team win. I know that these wins hurt our lottery chances, but that's not gonna stop me from enjoying a Red Wings game. Winning is inherently fun, and me being doomy n gloomy about it instead isn't going to change anything. I'm always happy to see my boys get a W. The day I'm not is the day I stop watching Wings hockey.

if these games happened months ago it be something to be excited about it but I’m not going crazy over meaningless wins late and thinking we’re gonna be competing and giving teams a run for their money next year , cause we won’t

Remember when we talked about strawmen earlier today? Absolutely no one is saying any of this, let alone going crazy over it. We all very much expect to be a bad team again next year, and certainly not a team that gives others a run for their money.

And with this late in the game looking ahead at the bigger picture and future of this team landing a bonafied star and looking increasingly more like we’re gonna lose the chance these wins don’t bring joy to me and I’m anxiously waiting for this season to just be over and done with 

you can say I’m not a hardcore fan and honestly I don’t care I’ve been rooting for wings since yzerman came in and again I’m not thinking about the now I’m thinking about the distant future of the team and what’s best . You wanna enjoy these wins and see something there I don’t and won’t ever see by all means go for it , enjoy these last few games I’ll enjoy it when game 82 is done 

My man, if a Red Wings win brings this much negativity and anxiety to your life, you need to seriously reconsider your relationship with the sport and the team. Sports are about fun and entertainment. If you're not entertained by your team winning in such a dominant fashion there's something wrong.

Edited by ChristopherReevesLegs

20 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

So you're expectation is that we all freakout in a negative manner over the win? I get that you're looking toward the future my dood, but I genuinely enjoy watching hockey and I genuinely enjoy watching my team win. I know that these wins hurt our lottery chances, but that's not gonna stop me from enjoying a Red Wings game. Winning is inherently fun, and me being doomy n gloomy about it instead isn't going to change anything. I'm always happy to see my boys get a W. The day I'm not is the day I stop watching Wings hockey.

Remember when we talked about strawmen earlier today? Absolutely no one is saying any of this, let alone going crazy over it. We all very much expect to be a bad team again next year, and certainly not a team that gives others a run for their money.

My man, if a Red Wings win brings this much negativity and anxiety to your life, you need to seriously reconsider your relationship with the sport and the team. Sports are about fun and entertainment. If you're not entertained by your team winning in such a dominant fashion there's something wrong.

I just don’t get why so many people are excited over meaningless wins at this stage as if this somehow impacts the wings future next season, only affects our draft rankings and it’s not even just the franchise superstar , what if someone drops like a joe veleno did last year to 30-33 well now we miss out cause we have 38-39 maybe , a lot of good kids available in the second round 

I love hockey I just get my excitement in other games and upcoming playoffs, I get no excitement watching us win games after being so close to a top 3 pick for 6 months, again whatever gets you through the day I’m personally thinking longterm and I don’t want the redwings to suck for 5-10 more years so in my head if we got  kakko or even the  Russian kid and somehow lafraniere next year we can turn this s*** storm around quickly with the pieces we already have and I believe trouba will come home in the 2020 Ufa season (we’ll see) 

Hey man like I said if we been the rangers all season and never toyed with a top 3 picks in 6 months of play these games might be more enjoyable but this isn’t the case with the redwings this season, far from it ... I seen yzerman go through s***storms when he arrived in the nhl somim good doesn’t mean im content , your happy with us winning by all means enjoy the wins I’ll do me and you do you 

Edited by nyqvististhefuture

3 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

I just don’t get why so many people are excited over meaningless wins at this stage as if this somehow impacts the wings future next season, only affects our draft rankings and it’s not even just the franchise superstar , what if someone drops like a joe veleno did last year to 30-33 well now we miss out cause we have 38-39 maybe , a lot of good kids available in the second round

Because I cheer for the team for better or worse. It's not like I dont understand these games are meaningless. It's not like I don't understand it hurts our lottery chances. I just don't need to cry about it to feel validated.

6 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

I love hockey I just get my excitement in other games and upcoming playoffs, I get no excitement watching us win games after being so close to a top 3 pick for 6 months, again whatever gets you through the day I’m personally thinking longterm and I don’t want the redwings to suck for 5-10 more years so in my head if we got  kakko or even the  Russian kid and somehow lafraniere next year we can turn this s*** storm around quickly with the pieces we already have and I believe trouba will come home in the 2020 Ufa season (we’ll see) 

Hey man like I said if we been the rangers all season and never toyed with a top 3 picks in 6 months of play these games might be more enjoyable but this isn’t the case with the redwings this season, far from it ... I seen yzerman go through s***storms when he arrived in the nhl somim good doesn’t mean im content , your happy with us winning by all means enjoy the wins I’ll do me and you do you 

Did freaking out about it and spamming it online fix it? Or did you just spin your wheels and let it put you in a bad mood? Man if we win the lottery awesome, if we come in 3rd cool, if end up picking 7th oh well that's life. Hockey is gone in a like a week until October. Try to enjoy it a bit, summers around the corner. You're not at all happy to see Mantha get his first career hatty? You're not at all hapy to see Hirose score his first goal? Come on now, I know there's a fan boy deep in there

19 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Because I cheer for the team for better or worse. It's not like I dont understand these games are meaningless. It's not like I don't understand it hurts our lottery chances. I just don't need to cry about it to feel validated.

Did freaking out about it and spamming it online fix it? Or did you just spin your wheels and let it put you in a bad mood? Man if we win the lottery awesome, if we come in 3rd cool, if end up picking 7th oh well that's life. Hockey is gone in a like a week until October. Try to enjoy it a bit, summers around the corner. You're not at all happy to see Mantha get his first career hatty? You're not at all hapy to see Hirose score his first goal? Come on now, I know there's a fan boy deep in there

These things made this game a real feels good for me. Pretty happy with this win tbh.

I have mix feelings about it. Losing ******* sucks, as a fan of pretty much all of Detroit sports anyone like wise, we've had more than our fair share of it. So yea I get pretty happy when the RedWings win. 

It sucks the Wings were trash for 70+ games and now starting to look like something of a team. Meanwhile our chances of a top 3 pick. With many of us drooling over for most of the season, something to be somewhat excited about, is slipping away. So I kind of get both sides of it. Some are just little more extreme....

Regardless I am just ready for next season already and can only hope we draft the next Elias Pettersson of the draft if we don't win the lottery. 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Or maybe we're finally starting to see the young nucleus start to put it all together. Maybe its not the most convenient timing, but to whine about it is pointless. Be happy that the kids are improving and they're coming to the game every night with the desire to win. Isn't seeing this team blossom more important than a few percentage points? I think so.

Edited by Neomaxizoomdweebie

4 hours ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Sometimes people on here get so whack that  I feel like LGWs is just like four people with a bunch of sock accounts plus a few transients. And Matt. If HE even exists. 

Stop asking questions if you know what's good for you...

9 hours ago, TLGTrico said:

But we're fifth from the bottom now.  And believe me, I'll be humbled if we win the lottery

Nah, we're fourth. The bottom team doesn't count as first from the bottom. We're in the winning spot. 

@nyqvististhefuture

You keep saying that we were s*** from game 1-72. That's not entirely true though. We went on a streak in late October / early November where we won 7 of 8, got points in 10 of 11 (one OT loss). We played a lot of tight games, and beat a lot of good teams. We beat the Bruins three times, Leafs twice, Preds twice, Sharks, Golden Knights, etc. This team is not good right now, but they're not the worst team in the league either. The standings represent right about where we should be.

What do you want this team to do? Shoot the puck in their own net? We've been dressing our top line and the rest of the players are borderline NHLers. The guys we want to see leading this team through the rebuild, are doing exactly that. And you're going to get upset about that? To what end?

Like @ChristopherReevesLegs mentioned, we as fans have no bearing on the outcome of these games, so what's the point in getting this bent out of shape about your team winning a few games? As a fan, I'm going to continue to cheer for wins, but be okay with any losses. I also hope teams around us win their games to keep up, and / or pass us in the standings.

There's not a single person here that doesn't understand how the lottery works (except maybe you...). We get it. Losing gives us a better chance at a higher pick, but the difference in finishing 4-8 is so insignificant, I don't care enough to hope my team loses. I just can't fathom spending three hours every night watching my team, hoping they lose. Especially when you consider how small your odds are regardless where you finish in the standings.

Here's a look at how the last three draft lottery's played out... 

In 2016 the Leafs, Oilers and Canucks finished at the bottom of the standings. 2 of the bottom 3 teams dropped out of the top 3. The Leafs won the lottery and picked 1st, but the Oilers dropped to 4th, and the Canucks dropped to 5th. The Jets jumped from 6th to 2nd, and the Jackets jumped from 4th to 3rd.

In 2017 the Aves, Canucks and Coyotes finished at the bottom of the standings. All 3 of the bottom 3 teams dropped out of the top 3. The Aves dropped to 4th, the Canucks dropped to 5th, and the Coyotes (Rangers) dropped to 7th. Golden Knights slotted 6th. The Devils jumped from 5th to 1st, the Flyers jumped from 13th to 2nd, and the Stars jumped from 8th to 3rd.

In 2018 the Sabres, Sens and Coyotes finished at the bottom of the standings. Again, 2 of the bottom 3 teams dropped out of the top 3. The Sabres won the lottery and picked 1st, but the Sens dropped to 4th, and the Coyotes dropped to 5th. The Canes jumped from 11th to 2nd, and the Canadiens jumped from 4th to 3rd.

If this doesn't tell you how much of a crapshoot the lottery is, nothing will. AGAIN, finishing in the bottom three doesn't guarantee s***. At best it's a coin flip that you're even going to pick in the top three. To get this riled up over a few Red Wings wins regardless when it happens, is beyond ridiculous.

9 hours ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Nope but we were guaranteed better odds and the way we’re playing were surely headed towards a later 7-10 pick and anyone else who hopes to god we gee gosh molly get a top 3 pick cause of hockey gods are being gullible and not realistic 

I don't hope to God we gee whatever the f*** for a pick. I'd be stoked with a top three, but I wouldnt get my hopes up even if we were first from last. It doesn't matter how we finish, whoever we draft will be our new top prospect. It's not like there's never talent outside the top three picks. And if you're already thinking whoever we pick will be bad before even knowing who it is, rather than looking forward to them developing, then you're part of the problem with this fanbase. 

8 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Not crying to be validated just not gonna celebrate meaningless wins that do nothing for the betterment of the future of the club , unless you believe all that development mumble jumbo

yup if we get 7th it’s life but it’s the life we gave ourselves ... Na couldn’t care less about those things for mantha/hirose at this stage ... trust me I’ll enjoy summer 

anyways done here , enjoy the 3 games 

1 hour ago, krsmith17 said:

@nyqvististhefuture

You keep saying that we were s*** from game 1-72. That's not entirely true though. We went on a streak in late October / early November where we won 7 of 8, got points in 10 of 11 (one OT loss). We played a lot of tight games, and beat a lot of good teams. We beat the Bruins three times, Leafs twice, Preds twice, Sharks, Golden Knights, etc. This team is not good right now, but they're not the worst team in the league either. The standings represent right about where we should be.

What do you want this team to do? Shoot the puck in their own net? We've been dressing our top line and the rest of the players are borderline NHLers. The guys we want to see leading this team through the rebuild, are doing exactly that. And you're going to get upset about that? To what end?

Like @ChristopherReevesLegs mentioned, we as fans have no bearing on the outcome of these games, so what's the point in getting this bent out of shape about your team winning a few games? As a fan, I'm going to continue to cheer for wins, but be okay with any losses. I also hope teams around us win their games to keep up, and / or pass us in the standings.

There's not a single person here that doesn't understand how the lottery works (except maybe you...). We get it. Losing gives us a better chance at a higher pick, but the difference in finishing 4-8 is so insignificant, I don't care enough to hope my team loses. I just can't fathom spending three hours every night watching my team, hoping they lose. Especially when you consider how small your odds are regardless where you finish in the standings.

Here's a look at how the last three draft lottery's played out... 

In 2016 the Leafs, Oilers and Canucks finished at the bottom of the standings. 2 of the bottom 3 teams dropped out of the top 3. The Leafs won the lottery and picked 1st, but the Oilers dropped to 4th, and the Canucks dropped to 5th. The Jets jumped from 6th to 2nd, and the Jackets jumped from 4th to 3rd.

In 2017 the Aves, Canucks and Coyotes finished at the bottom of the standings. All 3 of the bottom 3 teams dropped out of the top 3. The Aves dropped to 4th, the Canucks dropped to 5th, and the Coyotes (Rangers) dropped to 7th. Golden Knights slotted 6th. The Devils jumped from 5th to 1st, the Flyers jumped from 13th to 2nd, and the Stars jumped from 8th to 3rd.

In 2018 the Sabres, Sens and Coyotes finished at the bottom of the standings. Again, 2 of the bottom 3 teams dropped out of the top 3. The Sabres won the lottery and picked 1st, but the Sens dropped to 4th, and the Coyotes dropped to 5th. The Canes jumped from 11th to 2nd, and the Canadiens jumped from 4th to 3rd.

If this doesn't tell you how much of a crapshoot the lottery is, nothing will. AGAIN, finishing in the bottom three doesn't guarantee s***. At best it's a coin flip that you're even going to pick in the top three. To get this riled up over a few Red Wings wins regardless when it happens, is beyond ridiculous.

s*** as in bottom 2, 3 team ...doesnt matter went on a little streak in late october early November for Christ’s sake that’s still the start of the season, we basically at the bottom for 4 /12 - 5 months 

doesnt matter how many one goal games we had end result was a L, even good teams lose to s*** teams during the season and beat the best it happens to numerous teams across the league every year , doesn’t mean we’re gonna compete for a playoff spot next year we still have a lot of growing pains to go through 

i thought it was quite obvious I wanted us to lose?im obviously not expecting them to shoot the puck In there own net with Jimmy Howard jumping out of the net , this isn’t a Hollywood movie, it is what it is at this point of the season , best teams aren’t giving they’re all on a nightly basis right now which isn’t doing us any favours 

like I said you guys wanna cheer go for its your prerogative I’m choosing not to , doesn’t mean I’m not a diehard wings fan cause I want us to lose to get a game franchise game changing player, when we get in the playoffs I want to win the cup I don’t want to be the saint Louis blues so I can’t bring myself to enjoy a win at this stage of the season where we are and where we been for many months ... that’s my perogative

And here we go you being a smart ass again , I understand how the lottery clearly works ... it’s luck but more chances you have more chance we have at winning a top 3 pick? You gonna start this f***en nonsense again? You wanna go for a 20% chance of a top 3 pick go for it Id prefer being logic and realizing more balls we have more chance we have 

its not even a flip of the coin right now that we land a top 3 pick , we get near rangers and it’s a 20% 1 in 5 but keep telling yourself whatever bulls*** you want

keep rooting for the redwings and hope for the coin flip and see what happens , I’m done here man root for the wings to win games as is your right as is my right not to

Edited by nyqvististhefuture

1 hour ago, amato said:

I don't hope to God we gee whatever the f*** for a pick. I'd be stoked with a top three, but I wouldnt get my hopes up even if we were first from last. It doesn't matter how we finish, whoever we draft will be our new top prospect. It's not like there's never talent outside the top three picks. And if you're already thinking whoever we pick will be bad before even knowing who it is, rather than looking forward to them developing, then you're part of the problem with this fanbase. 

Cause if we draft 7-10th who’s to say he’d be our new top prospect? Better than zadina?and there’s a lot more guys in 7-10th spot that don’t become solid guys compared to a top 3 guy

lot more chance our pick becomes a bust than the 1-3 picks will be ... maybe your part of the problem with this fanbase looking at pastranak dropping to Boston and think there’s Great players out there that’ll fall to our lap , if it was that easy every team would have a patrnak, kucherov 

we haven’t had a fedorov,lidstrom,konstantinov etc type picks  in 10-20 yrs but hey whatever floats your boat dude enjoy it ... done here 

2 minutes ago, Dabura said:

i'M a ReAlIsT

wE nEeD tO fInIsH tHiRd InStEaD oF fIfTh

ThEsE gAmEs ArE mEaNinGlEsS

i HoPe YoU iDiOtS eNjOy WiNnInG tHeSe MeAnInGlEsS gAmEs

Help me I eat too much pasta ,I eat cause I’m unhappy I’m unhappy cause I’m fat 

Finishing. Bottom. Three. Doesn't. Guarantee. S***.

One thing that is all but guaranteed, is that at least one (maybe three) team(s) in the bottom 3 WILL draft outside of the top 3, and at least one (maybe three) team(s) outside of the bottom 3 WILL draft in the top 3... Like I said, if you're going to b**** and complain, you should at least wait until after the draft lottery. You're going to look so f***ing dumb if we end up winning the draft lottery due to this recent win streak.

I don't know why I even bother responding to you though because you either don't bother reading, or are too dumb to understand it.

Better odds, blah, blah, blah, blaaaaah

I’m not going to go on for days about it, but count me among those frustrated. After watching a team play mediocre hockey at best far more often than not the last few years, we finally looked to be in a good position to land a major impact player with this lousy season, only to go out on a winning streak against teams that are checking out or cruising.

Sure, on some level it’s always nice to win, and obviously we want to see our young guys getting better, but part of this struggle is about getting back to the point where we have a chance of landing a serious draft pick. That’s not going to get easier next year. We’ll be a better team next year any way you shake it, but we’ll probably still miss the playoffs. So we miss the playoffs again next year and maybe get what, the 12th pick? Not going to make a huge impact most likely.

This year was a rare window for us, and we’ve done a great deal to blow our chances of taking advantage of that with all the winning. It’s hard not to be disappointed about late-season meaningless wins that likely will hurt our chances of being a great team in the future; I don’t think that’s a crazy sentiment. Not to mention, we look like a better free agent destination with a Hughes or Kakko in the mix, and given where we’re at now and past history, we need all the help we can get on that front. If we still end up with a great pick, fine, all the fussing was for nothing, but in the meantime, every extra win the Wings pick up stings a little bit. 

Sometimes in a season like this, I think it becomes management’s job to find a way to lose. It sucks, but it is what it is, and I have no doubt that other teams do it too.

21 minutes ago, gcom007 said:

I’m not going to go on for days about it, but count me among those frustrated. After watching a team play mediocre hockey at best far more often than not the last few years, we finally looked to be in a good position to land a major impact player with this lousy season, only to go out on a winning streak against teams that are checking out or cruising.

Sure, on some level it’s always nice to win, and obviously we want to see our young guys getting better, but part of this struggle is about getting back to the point where we have a chance of landing a serious draft pick. That’s not going to get easier next year. We’ll be a better team next year any way you shake it, but we’ll probably still miss the playoffs. So we miss the playoffs again next year and maybe get what, the 12th pick? Not going to make a huge impact most likely.

This year was a rare window for us, and we’ve done a great deal to blow our chances of taking advantage of that with all the winning. It’s hard not to be disappointed about late-season meaningless wins that likely will hurt our chances of being a great team in the future; I don’t think that’s a crazy sentiment. Not to mention, we look like a better free agent destination with a Hughes or Kakko in the mix, and given where we’re at now and past history, we need all the help we can get on that front. If we still end up with a great pick, fine, all the fussing was for nothing, but in the meantime, every extra win the Wings pick up stings a little bit. 

Sometimes in a season like this, I think it becomes management’s job to find a way to lose. It sucks, but it is what it is, and I have no doubt that other teams do it too.

This is actually a reasonable take on the whole tanking thing. We all understand the odds, but what some people fail to understand is that management can do what they like (within reason), but the game is still played by the players. What should Holland do? Scratch Larkin, Mantha, Bertuzzi and Athanasiou and call up Megan, Terry, Smith and Holmstrom? That's not going to happen, nor should it. We're already dressing a team full of AHLers...

I know losses are better for the lottery odds, but losing doesn't guarantee a high pick. Getting pissed off with wins is one thing. Getting pissed off at other fans for getting excited about wins is something completely different... 

Edited by krsmith17