• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Dabura

4/6 Almost There GDT - Sabres @ Red Wings - 7:00 PM ET

Rate this topic

3 minutes ago, Dabura said:

Last period of the season is underway.

Unmuted and the first words I hear are "Jonathan Ericsson and Trevor Daley something something something important mentors."

Daley, maybe...

Back when this team was good, I couldn't wait for the playoffs to start.  The last month of the season was a bore.  That first week of the playoffs was so exciting.  I remember at school or work I'd always think about the upcoming evening's game.  

Hard to believe it's been three years since that feeling.  Now we're excited about a draft where we can draft some young punk nobody but scouts has ever seen play.  

Edited by GMRwings1983

1 minute ago, GMRwings1983 said:

Back when this team was good, I couldn't wait for the playoffs to start.  The last month of the season was a bore.  That first week of the playoffs was so exciting.  I remember at school or work I'd always think about the upcoming evening's game.  

Hard to believe it's been three years since that feeling.  Now we're excited about a draft where we can draft some young punk nobody but scouts has ever seen play.  

I've seen 'em play. Point taken tho.

6 minutes ago, GMRwings1983 said:

Well, you're our resident scout.  

I make spreadsheets and then I make cool pirate hats out of the spreadsheets. Then at the end of the season Ken Holland calls me and asks for my general thoughts and I tell him, "Yarr, you best be signing Hossa, lest you end up in Davy Jones's locker," and he hangs up.

Man, Wings have totally phoned it in tonight. It's almost impressive.

Edited by Dabura

2 minutes ago, puckloo39 said:

if you're going to lose, make it truly memorable?

I don't hate anyone on Buffalo, otherwise I'd be clamoring for Witkowski and McIlrath to make 'em bleed.  Speaking of that, we finally get these tough guys in the lineup at the same time, and haven't done any gooning during this entire stretch.  Sucks what the league has become. At least the 1980's Red Wings were allowed to do dirty stuff for entertainment.

1 minute ago, krsmith17 said:

Fulcher has to be nervous, but his rebound control has been atrocious...

He's a 65 overall in NHL 19.  What do you expect?

15 minutes ago, GMRwings1983 said:

This.

Spring time...Fresh air, sunlight, warm weather...Rejuvenation.

Since the early 90's one thing you could count on was Detroit making the playoffs...I still enjoy spring, and hockey playoffs, but it's not the same when the Wings aren't in it.

Just now, puckloo39 said:

Well, bless their hearts.  They need to run the video of this game all summer long while they work out and try to figure out what the hell they need to do better in the Fall.

I will personally stand outside their houses and blast the audio on a boombox.

Just now, F.Michael said:

This.

Spring time...Fresh air, sunlight, warm weather...Rejuvenation.

Since the early 90's one thing you could count on was Detroit making the playoffs...I still enjoy spring, and hockey playoffs, but it's not the same when the Wings aren't in it.

Dude you live in Milwaukee.  Get on the Bucks bandwagon while it's hot.  Forget the Red Wings.  The Greek Freak!

Just now, F.Michael said:

It was hard to see that record fall.  But the Wings will rise again!  I hate summer... it's 105 for three months straight here, and no hockey.