• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Dabura

4/9 2019 Draft Lottery GDT - Red Wings vs The World - 8:00 PM ET (NBCSN)

Rate this topic

2 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Today is the 9th
9 is the first number the Red Wings retired
We have 9.5% chance to win the lottery
It's 2019
Jack Hughes wear number 6 which is an upside down 9
Jack Hughes used to be 9 years old

The prophecy of number9 has been foreseen

So it turns out pick number 6 is an upside down 9 too

Something something the prophecy lives on

16 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Imagine thinking trading back to pick a goaltender is the right move...

Imagine thinking winning meaningless hockey games wouldn’t matter 

17 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Rigged.

Chicago just recently won 3 Cups in 6 years, there is no way they should be anywhere near a top 5 pick, let alone #3.

I knew Wings would get screwed. But I guess Dach or Cozens should be there maybe...

After sucking all year minus 2 weeks those aren’t the type of players I’d want for a disaster of a season , tonight’s a disappointment ... can’t see byram or podkolzin being available 

So question here. Are we happier missing the playoffs, and picking at #6, or would we rather just squeak into the last playoff spot, get rolled in 4 games, and then pick at 16 or 17? 

Myself, I'd rather do without all the playoff hoopla, just to be the first one out, like we've done in our last few playoff appearances. Maybe, I'm just patient, because I lived through the entirety of the dark years.

6 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

After sucking all year minus 2 weeks those aren’t the type of players I’d want for a disaster of a season , tonight’s a disappointment ... can’t see byram or podkolzin being available 

There's a lot of speculation about Podkolzin due to his already signing in The KHL. That might be enough to make him slide a few positions. It was a big reason Kutcherov slid in his draft year.

4 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

I totally agree. We've put up with THREE pie-hole season's for what? None of Rasmussen, Zadina nor whomever we take this year are franchise, generational players, so we get a pretty good prospect at 6 this season and maybe we see him in a few years.  Meanwhile, if Holland doesn't make any trades, buyouts or UFA signing's (from outside the organization) we will be looking at the same BS for another year.  Then for 6-8 months we'll all be riding the tank wave (again) hoping that yet another dumpster season will reward our fans with something.

Like I said, this lottery is BS, Chicago barely off 3 Cups in 6 years should not even be in the top 10, let alone #3.  Devils just picked First two season's ago, they should be disqualified from winning another #1.  Rags and Kings I am fine with, but those other 2 should not be allowed up that high. Ottawa? They should be out of the league, but that is another story.

4 minutes ago, BigWillieStyle said:

There's a lot of speculation about Podkolzin due to his already signing in The KHL. That might be enough to make him slide a few positions. It was a big reason Kutcherov slid in his draft year.

I dont really want to try to pronounce his name though...

15 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

If we'd won two more games, we'd have Kakko.

I just don't see Byram lasting to 6. Here to hoping Podkolzin falls to us. I know a lot of people are scared of him staying in the KHL. But at 6 I would take the chance. The problem we may run into, is too many wingers again..

The only thing that makes this season not feel like a waste at this point is if Yzerman truly comes back.

Edited by xault

13 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

It didn't / doesn't... We could have lost two more games (one in OT), and picked 1st overall. If only we knew that was the magic number... We could have lost three more and picked 5th overall. OR We could have won two more games and picked 2nd overall. There was no way to know how the lottery would play out. Which is why I wasn't throwing a tantrum after every win (or loss)...

We will get a very good player at 6. Why trade back to pick up a goaltender that is projected to go in the mid - late first round?

20 minutes ago, BigWillieStyle said:

Possible, but I doubt it'll matter much. Outside of Hughes and Kakko, the top players are all at least a year away from playing pro hockey. Podkolzin already plays a pro-style game and now he'll be playing in a top league for a couple of years, so he should be more than ready to do some damage in the NHL when his contract is up.

Point being: I wouldn't count on him sliding multiple spots.

Edited by Dabura

5 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

It didn't / doesn't... We could have lost two more games (one in OT), and picked 1st overall. If only we knew that was the magic number... We could have lost three more and picked 5th overall. OR We could have won two more games and picked 2nd overall. There was no way to know how the lottery would play out. Which is why I wasn't throwing a tantrum after every win (or loss)...

We will get a very good player at 6. Why trade back to pick up a goaltender that is projected to go in the mid - late first round?

Because this goalie is suppose to be a bonafied stud?compared to price and the king and I don’t want a nice second line guy after this s*** turd of season we got , I want a guy who can be a star difference maker elite guy

and like you said he’s projected later hence why trade back get an extra pick and take the goalie and if Larsson becomes a stud even better and we have one heck of a trade chip to bargain for a potential top d, this isn’t the outcome I wanted , if we stayed at 4 I’d be ok ,not thrilled but ok but at this point I’m sadly looking more forward to our 2nd round picks and hoping we get a gem or 2 than our 6th 

we can laugh about knight being a 6th pick but price was also 5th and worked out fine so if we can land a second in the 30-40 range I’d consider It

we will probably draft 6th most likely but at this point it wouldn’t surprise me at all if we traded back and got an extra pick and took like soderstrom if byram is gone ... tonight was brutal 

17 minutes ago, Dabura said:

If we'd won two more games, we'd have Kakko.

If we lost one more we’d have hughes 

24 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

I totally agree. We've put up with THREE pie-hole season's for what? None of Rasmussen, Zadina nor whomever we take this year are franchise, generational players, so we get a pretty good prospect at 6 this season and maybe we see him in a few years.  Meanwhile, if Holland doesn't make any trades, buyouts or UFA signing's (from outside the organization) we will be looking at the same BS for another year.  Then for 6-8 months we'll all be riding the tank wave (again) hoping that yet another dumpster season will reward our fans with something.

Like I said, this lottery is BS, Chicago barely off 3 Cups in 6 years should not even be in the top 10, let alone #3.  Devils just picked First two season's ago, they should be disqualified from winning another #1.  Rags and Kings I am fine with, but those other 2 should not be allowed up that high. Ottawa? They should be out of the league, but that is another story.

We should have brannstrom in our prospect pool as we speak , baffles me that we been struggling for a dman since lidstrom and we pass on him or even Foote and Bali makin Cause Rasmussen is 6’5 guaranteed , if he was 6 we’d have passed on him 

I don’t think we can or buy out anyone at this point , I’d look to paying 50% of ericsson salary and dealing him but if kronwall returns we can’t trade his precious Swede and I don’t think we should be singing ufa’s at this stage but I already know Holland will do something stupid with that capspace , it’s a sure thing 

I’m not surprised devils won they gotta help fill up that arena , probably helping out n.y since it’s a big market and hawks probably wanna help them get back in all I know is there’s zero chance there’s no shenanigans going on , this s*** is done behind closed doors .... there’s no moment with bettman pulling out the balls showing the 1-3 winners , id bet it’s bettman and Daly with that cameraman showing bettman next to the balls smiling like a big loser and then he kicks out the camera man and he and bill daily fix s*** up