• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
amato

TB vs CBJ - Series Thread

Rate this topic

Just now, GMRwings1983 said:

Dumb move by Hedman.  Giving the Blue Jackets even more motivation.  Reminds me of the time Todd Bertuzzi told the Minnesota Wild players to get their golf clubs ready, when the Canucks led them 3 games to 1 in 2003.

Not to mention it's some weak-ass trash talk. If you're gonna make a big scene, at least say something cutting.

1 minute ago, chaps80 said:

Oh, so typical frustrated crybaby stuff. Like Malkin tends to do when the Pens are losing/lose. Saw a bit of that from him after the game tonight.

I updated my reply with a tweet that has a gif of the incident.

Definitely typical frustrated crybaby stuff. Sad!

It's always fun for me to watch LGW members talk MAD SH*T about NHL "parity" during the regular season and then be overjoyed when a wildcard team jumps out to a series lead against a top seeded team.  There's a handful of members on this thread that fall into that category.  Maybe Gary Bettman actually knows something after all?

4 hours ago, kipwinger said:

It's always fun for me to watch LGW members talk MAD SH*T about NHL "parity" during the regular season and then be overjoyed when a wildcard team jumps out to a series lead against a top seeded team.  There's a handful of members on this thread that fall into that category.  Maybe Gary Bettman actually knows something after all?

It's always fun for me to watch kip talk MAD SH*T about "all those dumb people who are so much dumber than me, ha, look at those dumb people, they are so much dumber than me." There's a handful of kips in this thread that fall into that category. Let's turn every moment of joy into "Ha, I'm kip and all of you are so dumb. Ha, you dumb, dumb, stupid people and your stupid, stupid beliefs. Oh no, not me, I never lost control. You're face-to-face with the kip who sold the world."

Your shtick is dumb and you are dumb. Don't think I've forgotten that time you went off on people here because they were complaining about refs and you ended up whining about global warming.

Edited by Dabura

I'm not so sure Kucherov should be suspended? Maybe a game at the absolute most? But the five and a game misconduct plus maybe a fine seems like enough. The hit was stupid for sure but it didn't look too hard from that camera angle. 

2 minutes ago, amato said:

I'm not so sure Kucherov should be suspended? Maybe a game at the absolute most? But the five and a game misconduct plus maybe a fine seems like enough. The hit was stupid for sure but it didn't look too hard from that camera angle. 

In the spirit of "We're trying to get unnecessary head trauma out of the game by penalizing players who act like dinguses and crush people's heads when they very easily could just not act like dinguses and not crush people's heads," I think he should get at least a game. A one-game suspension won't really send much of a message and it won't change anything for the better re: player safety, but not suspending him would be...well, it would be classic Department of Player Safety, I guess.

1 minute ago, Dabura said:

In the spirit of "We're trying to get unnecessary head trauma out of the game by penalizing players who act like dinguses and crush people's heads when they very easily could just not act like dinguses and not crush people's heads," I think he should get at least a game. A one-game suspension won't really send much of a message and it won't change anything for the better re: player safety, but not suspending him would be...well, it would be classic Department of Player Safety, I guess.

I just don't think it's as obvious of a suspension as the Kadri hit last year. A lot of people have been comparing the two. But I get the trying to get unnecessary head trauma out of the game. I wouldn't be surprised if he got a game suspension or upset at all, I just don't think it should be a suspension. 

Just now, amato said:

I just don't think it's as obvious of a suspension as the Kadri hit last year. A lot of people have been comparing the two. But I get the trying to get unnecessary head trauma out of the game. I wouldn't be surprised if he got a game suspension or upset at all, I just don't think it should be a suspension. 

I remember the Kadri hit being worse. So I agree that that's not necessarily a relevant precedent. But I disagree that this doesn't warrant a suspension. Whether or not Kucherov was going for a head shot, the head ended taking most of the force of the hit and getting driven into the glass. And, I mean, you just don't hit a player when he's on his knees like that. (It was, of course, Kucherov who'd put him in that position by tripping him.) And it was very late in a blowout win/loss, and Kucherov was clearly frustrated and looking to stir s*** up. So, to me, this checks off pretty much all of the boxes for "things we want out of the game."

I really had to laugh at Hedman trying to chirp The Jackets. You've just been destroyed 2 games in a row, in your own barn, and you go chirp a team who took 4 of their 6 games to overtime, winning the first 2 in the Washington, the year before. Then, to add to his stupidity, wasn't it Tampa that crapped the bed on a 3 games to 2 lead against Washington, getting shutout in their last 2 games? 

That's like laying in the dirt, bleeding, after you just got beat up on the playground, and then calling the other guy a *****. Let's face it, Swedes just don't have it in them to chirp. 

Also, what's the point in suspending Kutcherov? It's not like he's making any difference being there. Giving him a game, might let him get his act together.

Edited by BigWillieStyle

16 minutes ago, BigWillieStyle said:

I really had to laugh at Hedman trying to chirp The Jackets. You've just been destroyed 2 games in a row, in your own barn, and you go chirp a team who took 4 of their 6 games to overtime, winning the first 2 in the Washington, the year before. Then, to add to his stupidity, wasn't it Tampa that crapped the bed on a 3 games to 2 lead against Washington, getting shutout in their last 2 games?

That's like laying in the dirt, bleeding, after you just got beat up on the playground, and then calling the other guy a *****. Let's face it, Swedes just don't have it in them to chirp.

Also, what's the point in suspending Kutcherov? It's not like he's making any difference being there. Giving him a game, might let him get his act together.

Holmstrom was a chirper, but no one could understand what he was saying.

1 hour ago, BigWillieStyle said:

Swedes just don't have it in them to chirp. 

As a swede I can testify to this. It does not come natural to us. 

But then again, chirping is an artform, not a lot of people regardless of nationality is any good at it.