• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
amato

TB vs CBJ - Series Thread

Rate this topic

4 hours ago, amato said:

Is he considered a bad coach? I never thought he was one of the best by any means but I wouldn't say bad... i just don't like him at all :P  

Hes an in your face type of coach. That works for awhile because it gets your players to play hard and outwork the opposition. So for a short time it seems like he's doing a great job. But that approach wears on players eventually and they start to tune it out. The team starts to fall and then he's no longer a good coach. He gets fired and goes to another undisciplined team and so on.

8 minutes ago, GMRwings1983 said:

If I lived in Tampa, I'd spend too much time in strip clubs to care.  

Had a cellmate once who used to work as a cook in a strip joint. Sounded like a dream job. Said he spent more time doing blow with naked women than he did cooking. I think they call that the dream.

3 minutes ago, Dabura said:

Didn't realize they were so strapped for cap space. lmao

Yeah Kucherov and Gourde's big new contracts go into effect next season.

They're probably gonna have to Rutta, Girardi, and Coburn go. And if they wanna re-sign Stralman that will probably eat most of their cap space. Their window is now lol

5 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Hes an in your face type of coach. That works for awhile because it gets your players to play hard and outwork the opposition. So for a short time it seems like he's doing a great job. But that approach wears on players eventually and they start to tune it out. The team starts to fall and then he's no longer a good coach. He gets fired and goes to another undisciplined team and so on.

100%

6 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

They're probably gonna have to Rutta, Girardi, and Coburn go. And if they wanna re-sign Stralman that will probably eat most of their cap space. Their window is now lol

F

7 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Yep, short shelf life. Same deal with Ken Hitchcock.

Which makes the way the Jackets are playing right now all the more impressive, imo.

14 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Had a cellmate once who used to work as a cook in a strip joint. Sounded like a dream job. Said he spent more time doing blow with naked women than he did cooking. I think they call that the dream.

They serve food in strip clubs?   :eh:

6 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

p9Td70t.png

hqdefault.jpg

Meh.  I'd be saying much worse things than that if the Wings were in this situation.  Imagine getting swept in the first round in 1996 against the Jets?  

The sweep in 2003 was embarrassing, but people were awed by Giguere, plus the team had won the Cup the season before.  Also, although they finished close to winning the Presidents trophy, they never dominated like this year's Tampa team.  

This is a historic choke job right now.  I'm having trouble finding anything to compare it to.    

Edited by GMRwings1983

4 minutes ago, GMRwings1983 said:

Meh.  I'd be saying much worse things than that if the Wings were in this situation.  Imagine getting swept in the first round in 1996 against the Jets?  

The sweep in 2003 was embarrassing, but people were awed by Giguere, plus the team had won the Cup the season before.  Also, although they finished close to winning the Presidents trophy, they never dominated like this year's Tampa team.  

This is a historic choke job right now.  I'm having trouble finding anything to compare it to.    

I'm just enjoying the implosion of their team probably too much

I've become envious and spiteful watching OUR Yzerman turn them into a powerhouse. Watching the house burn down is my catharsis.

4 minutes ago, GMRwings1983 said:

Plus the Wings lost to teams who peaked at the right time and made the SCF for the most part (except the 00? Kings). This would be different for sure.

7 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

This was posted in a sub for relationship advice and some CBJ fans found it lmao

zhoq6tP.png

Millennials...God save us.

1 hour ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

You were incarcerated?

2 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Very good assessment. Can't disagree with any of it. 

2 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

This was posted in a sub for relationship advice and some CBJ fans found it lmao

zhoq6tP.png

Rigged for Columbus of all teams? No. Having Pitt, Caps, and TBL all out in the first round would not be good for the league at all. Thats just stupid.

And if ur BF is going to dump u over the outcome of a playoff series, he clearly has no clue how to deal with any real adversity. That relationship is doomed.

I can say I’m honestly surprised Columbus is doing this. Tampa is crapping the bed in literally every facet. Kucherov with a selfish idiotic check into the boards, Stamkos is MIA, Tyler Johnson MIA, Hedman turned around badly on a goal and might miss game 4. Implosion on every level , but Columbus is out working them with way less talent but much better strategy and coaching, apparently. 

7 hours ago, kylee said:

I can say I’m honestly surprised Columbus is doing this. Tampa is crapping the bed in literally every facet. Kucherov with a selfish idiotic check into the boards, Stamkos is MIA, Tyler Johnson MIA, Hedman turned around badly on a goal and might miss game 4. Implosion on every level , but Columbus is out working them with way less talent but much better strategy and coaching, apparently. 

This is exactly why coasting thru the regular season is a death knell for a playoff team.