• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
amato

TB vs CBJ - Series Thread

Rate this topic

1 hour ago, kipwinger said:

My girlfriend is in Columbus right now at a brewery and she said people are going ballistic every time the BJs score. She doesn't care about hockey at all, so she's bitching to me about how miserable she is. I'm trying to explain how insane what they're doing is, and she's annoyed because she can't concentrate on her book lol.

Then tell her to go to a library.

57 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

I sorta feel sorry for Columbus...While I have never been there - I've heard it's a good place to live/raise a family, but unfortunately it's not a 'vibrant' cosmopolitan hipster city that'll attract free agents, or keep players on it's current roster.

Its a college town. So plenty of hipster, academic types.

13 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Kinda glad we didnt make the playoffs this year. Its nice to laugh at other teams choking for a change.

"You have to get in. Once you're in, anything can happen." - Sir Kenneth Holland

I want to see the Wings piss all over some team's premature parade in next year's playoffs.

We came oh-so-close in 2013 and 2015.

This time, we won't have Babcock holding us back.

This time, we get it done.

2 hours ago, GMRwings1983 said:

Any good links to the Lightning forum?

Oh I've read a ton! Here are some of the highlights from the HOF forums:

I've had a few days to digest this. I knew we were done for a while

- Cooper probably gets about as much rope as a hangman's noose "cuz 62 win season"

- We need to make big changes in our core.

Palat, in particular, needs to go. Send a message. We might even be able to spare Miller because of this.

I think Coburn, Girardi and Stralman are probably done even if simply due to salary constraint.

Callahan looks a little better and we can sell high on him

- **** idk.... maybe try for EK again?

- Strip Stamkos of his captaincy

- I will only accept Cooper's return if we make these changes. EVERYONE here sees how soft they are. Is it a reflection of Cooper or a reflection of their character?

meh, the current make up of our players are a bunch of bums who couldnt score a goal if their lives depended on it.

Yzerman stepped down because after the Washington series he knew this team had no heart. He bailed early and I can't blame him for it. Stammer and the guys seem like good people, but years of losing in the playoffs has clearly taken a toll. I'm at the point where I think everyone needs to be up for grabs, every option considered. It's insanity to believe we can keep this core together and expect a result they've never been able to achieve...especially after this debacle.

If Cooper is here, Palat, Killorn, and Miller are still here.

Mediocrity, here we come.

In regards to Points upcoming contract:

Agree, bridge deal. 5-6 Mil max.

Laugh at him if he wants more.

Jon Cooper is garbage. This season is a joke. The core is a waste of talent.

I appreciate that I don't have to watch this garbage team again for several months. Now I can focus on guys who will give their all and care, while having a competent coach in Syracuse.

Well it seems like Lightning fans are taking this well.  Coming off a 62 win season, ripping apart the team seems a little premature.  I mean, look at all the seasons the Wings were like that and then suddenly won back to back Cups.  Stuff happens.  They still have a lot of talent, but they might be right about the coaching.  The Bolts were up 3-0 in the first period of Game 1, look to be in complete control and then ended up losing the game at home.  They never recovered after that.  I don't know if its lack of adjustments to the gameplan or just lack of leadership from the coach to get his team's head back in the game after a tough loss like that, but I would put this loss on Cooper.  Losing in the first round after a 62 win season is one thing, getting SWEPT in the first round after a 62 win season is another.  

I'm sad for the Bolts, they were the only team I even remotely cared about in these playoffs because of Stevie.  However, on the bright side, he can get ready for his return to the Red Wings earlier now.

9 hours ago, datterberg1340 said:

is that a dig on ol' Bob Essensa?

from way back in '94?

that sir, is impressive

Bobblin' Bob "ohhh it's in thereee!!" Essensa.

I would have considered Andre "Red Light" Racicot for starter over that guy. 

3 minutes ago, chaps80 said:

Bobblin' Bob "ohhh it's in thereee!!" Essensa.

I would have considered Andre "Red Light" Racicot for starter over that guy. 

You're old.

1 hour ago, xtrememachine1 said:

I'm sad for the Bolts, they were the only team I even remotely cared about in these playoffs because of Stevie.  However, on the bright side, he can get ready for his return to the Red Wings earlier now.

I'm not sad for their fans at all. A bunch of spoiled little pukes who got too big for their britches. They've been reveling in the Wings downward turn and trying to trash talk it like their team has even come close to the history, glory, or accomplishments that Detroit has. Choke on it Bolts fans. And get over yourselves.