• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
amato

TB vs CBJ - Series Thread

Rate this topic

4 minutes ago, chaps80 said:

Bobblin' Bob "ohhh it's in thereee!!" Essensa.

I would have considered Andre "Red Light" Racicot for starter over that guy. 

Essensa almost single-handedly ruined my childhood. And is mostly responsible for making Osgood cry. 

It pains me to cheer for Boston (vs Leafs) and have to constantly see images of his stupid face (along with Cam Neely) pigging it up in the press box. 

2 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

You're old.

I'm not sad for their fans at all. A bunch of spoiled little pukes who got too big for their britches. They've been reveling in the Wings downward turn and trying to trash talk it like their team has even come close to the history, glory, or accomplishments that Detroit has. Choke on it Bolts fans. And get over yourselves.

I'm not 40..yet.

3 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Essensa almost single-handedly ruined my childhood. And is mostly responsible for making Osgood cry. 

It pains me to cheer for Boston (vs Leafs) and have to constantly see images of his stupid face (along with Cam Neely) pigging it up in the press box. 

Osgood was given a lot of rope when he broke into Detroit, that's for sure. Vernie taught him the way though.

9 hours ago, kliq said:

Oh I've read a ton! Here are some of the highlights from the HOF forums:

In regards to Points upcoming contract:

Once again, that's pretty tame.  I'd be saying much worse than that if the Wings finished with 62 wins and were swept out of the first round by a Columbus.  

1 hour ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

That's 1 of the best perks of working in the front office of a pro sports team...Free booze, and food in the suites.

2 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

And just like that...

Dear Columbus

Congrats on the big win. I loved watching you feed it to Tampa. But you have only won a single playoff series in franchise history. Don't be childish. Have some humility. Also, the Bruins or Leafs are up next. Have fun with that. And don't f*** it up. Or "one, two, Freddy's coming for you!" 

11 hours ago, kliq said:
13 hours ago, GMRwings1983 said:

Any good links to the Lightning forum?

Oh I've read a ton! Here are some of the highlights from the HOF forums:

I've had a few days to digest this. I knew we were done for a while

- Blashill probably gets about as much rope as a hangman's noose "cuz trust the processsss"

- We need to make big changes in our core.

Abdelkader, in particular, needs to go. Send a message. We might even be able to spare Helm because of this.

I think Ericsson, Kronwall and Green are probably done even if simply due to salary constraint.

Athanasiou looks a little better and we can sell high on him

- **** idk.... maybe try for EK again?

- Strip Zetterberg of his captaincy

- I will only accept Blashill's return if we make these changes. EVERYONE here sees how soft they are. Is it a reflection of Blashill or a reflection of their character?

If Blashill is here, Abdelkader, Helm, and Glendening are still here.

Mediocrity, here we come.

Jeff Blashill is garbage. This season is a joke. The core is a waste of talent.

I appreciate that I don't have to watch this garbage team again for several months. Now I can focus on guys who will give their all and care, while having a competent coach in Grand Rapids.

Man, Tampa fans sure are obsessed with us. Maybe they should worry about winning a playoff game instead of our team. Geeeez.... 

4 hours ago, xtrememachine1 said:

Well it seems like Lightning fans are taking this well.  Coming off a 62 win season, ripping apart the team seems a little premature.  I mean, look at all the seasons the Wings were like that and then suddenly won back to back Cups.  Stuff happens.  They still have a lot of talent, but they might be right about the coaching.  The Bolts were up 3-0 in the first period of Game 1, look to be in complete control and then ended up losing the game at home.  They never recovered after that.  I don't know if its lack of adjustments to the gameplan or just lack of leadership from the coach to get his team's head back in the game after a tough loss like that, but I would put this loss on Cooper.  Losing in the first round after a 62 win season is one thing, getting SWEPT in the first round after a 62 win season is another.  

I'm sad for the Bolts, they were the only team I even remotely cared about in these playoffs because of Stevie.  However, on the bright side, he can get ready for his return to the Red Wings earlier now.

Agreed, to me that would seem like the natural next step. Ripping apart the core would be downright stupid.

1 hour ago, GMRwings1983 said:

Once again, that's pretty tame.  I'd be saying much worse than that if the Wings finished with 62 wins and were swept out of the first round by a Columbus.  

If by tame you mean lack of "f***s and s***s", I didnt bother posting those because its just a bunch of ******. My point of most of thoes was more so the ridiculousness of the fans.

2 minutes ago, kliq said:

Agreed, to me that would seem like the natural next step. Ripping apart the core would be downright stupid.

They should probably trade off at least 1 or more of their 2nd tier guys to make room for Point and signing Dmen

I'm thinking: Callahan, Killorn, Palat, Gourde, Johnson, Miller

8 minutes ago, amato said:

Man, Tampa fans sure are obsessed with us. Maybe they should worry about winning a playoff game instead of our team. Geeeez.... 

The mediocrity comment for a 62 win team was the funniest to me. I think that just shows how people latch on to something they heard without really understanding what it means.

1 minute ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

They should probably trade off at least 1 or more of their 2nd tier guys to make room for Point and signing Dmen

Ya I see no issues with that, if I am them I am trying to trade Callahan and an asset to a team near the floor. Or maybe a hockey trade, so a Coffey/Primeau for Shanny type deal with one of the guys you mentioned. I wouldn't be trading Stamkos, Kutch, or Hedman though (not that you implied that). 

2 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

And just like that...

Tampa fans all seem pretty open to blowing the team up lol fire cooper being #1 with some folks even calling for trading Vasilevsky and one of Stamkos or Kucherov lmao

Yeah, I was lurking some of their boards last night. Mad meltdown. 

This made me laugh, that were at that point where an NHL team issues statements like this to their base on social media. Have some damn pride. lol

Edited by chaps80

6 minutes ago, chaps80 said:

This made me laugh, that were at that point where an NHL team issues statements like this to their base on social media. Have some damn pride. lol

Tampa PR team, beta AF

1 hour ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Vaz let in some pretty bad goals too. Wasn't there when they really needed him. He was shaky for a couple months before the season ended according to some Tampa fans. I'm not suggesting they move him, but if they're going to win a Cup, he has to be better.

Tampa PR team, beta AF

Indeed. lol

17 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Tampa PR team, beta AF

I was genuinely just rolling my eyes as I read that.  I'd go with something like "Hats off to you Columbus, you were the better team this year...but you've got a rival for life!"

At least save a little face.  Sure it invites jeers this year, but you don't seem like a bunch of whiny p*ssies. 

Or maybe even "Our bad fam, we thought they were just gonna roll over and die too".  At least it would be honest and not that mawkish bullsh*t they actually put out. 

Edited by kipwinger

1 minute ago, kipwinger said:

I was genuinely just rolling my eyes as I read that.  I'd go with something like "Hats off to you Columbus, you were the better team this year...but you've got a rival for life!"

At least save a little face.  Sure it invites jeers this year, but you don't seem like a bunch of whiny p*ssies. 

Your tweet is infinitely more appropriate

It's like they're coddling their entitled whiny fan base.

"But we tied a record! The cup was supposed to be ours! How could this happen!"

Regular season record doesn't mean s*** losers, get rekt.

1 minute ago, Dabura said:

This is the future that Yzermaniacs want.

Anybody else think this loss might be what finally galvanizes Tampa into finally pushing toward a cup final?

I think both Yzerman and Gretsky said losing in the finals made them realize how much harder they had to work if they actually wanted the cup. While far from the same, maybe this is a big wake up call for that team.

Anybody else think this loss might be what finally galvanizes Tampa into finally pushing toward a cup final?

I think both Yzerman and Gretsky said losing in the finals made them realize how much harder they had to work if they actually wanted the cup. While far from the same, maybe this is a big wake up call for that team.

But they've already lost in the finals.

Annnnnd the conference finals.

Annnnnd the 2nd round.

Annnnnd the 1st round. 

Basically the hockey-loser version of hitting for the cycle. 

Just now, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

I think I made the comparison to the 1995-96 Wings a few weeks ago. I vaguely remember someone saying this Tampa team isn't quite there yet (not gritty enough, hasn't been shoved face-first into the mud) and I noted that that was basically the '96 Wings. Wouldn't surprise me at all if they go all the way next season and Tampa fans look back on this series as something that had to happen.

37 minutes ago, chaps80 said:

Barstool Sports posted this on their social media with the caption: "This is what a drunk text at 2am to your ex looks like."  :hysterical:

1 minute ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

But they've already lost in the finals.

Annnnnd the conference finals.

Annnnnd the 2nd round.

Annnnnd the 1st round. 

Basically the hockey-loser version of hitting for the cycle. 

True but I think the team has continued to get better every year since all those losses, besides that weird year they missed the playoffs. Forgot they went to the finals under coop already lol.

18 minutes ago, Dabura said:

I think I made the comparison to the 1995-96 Wings a few weeks ago. I vaguely remember someone saying this Tampa team isn't quite there yet (not gritty enough, hasn't been shoved face-first into the mud) and I noted that that was basically the '96 Wings. Wouldn't surprise me at all if they go all the way next season and Tampa fans look back on this series as something that had to happen.

I can see the comparison, but the '96 Wings actually won two series (the STL series went on way too long, but at least we have the Yzerman Game 7 OT goal to watch for life) and lost in 6 in the West Final. In between a first round loss in '94, Finals loss in '95 and back to back Cups '97-'98. The Bolts lost in the Finals in '15, East Final in '16, missed the playoffs in '17, East Final in '18 and were swept in the first round this year.

Seems to be they regress playoff wise more than they progress. You could be right though and they win it all next year, but they need to make some changes.

Just now, chaps80 said:

I can see the comparison, but the '96 Wings actually won two series (the STL series went on way too long, but at least we have the Yzerman Game 7 OT goal to watch for life) and lost in 6 in the West Final. In between a first round loss in '94, Finals loss in '95 and back to back Cups '97-'98. The Bolts lost in the Finals in '15, East Final in '16, missed the playoffs in '17, East Final in '18 and were swept in the first round this year.

Seems to be they regress playoff wise more than they progress. You could be right though and they win it all next year, but they need to make some changes.

It's definitely not a perfect apples-to-apples comparison. I guess I'm speaking more to the "You have to have your ass handed to you before you can win it all" angle.

2 minutes ago, Dabura said:

It's definitely not a perfect apples-to-apples comparison. I guess I'm speaking more to the "You have to have your ass handed to you before you can win it all" angle.

Agreed. You'd think by now though, the constant playoff disappointments would have them skating so hard they'd bust through the end boards chasing that Cup. Instead Columbus were the ones out there skating hard. I dunno if they just didn't take Columbus seriously at first, but man, when your down 3-0 in a series, it's time to stop floating.