• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
amato

NYI vs PIT - Series Thread

Rate this topic

27 minutes ago, TLGTrico said:

I honestly want no part of the Isles in the final four.  Let's not forget that their 2nd round pick belongs to us

That's not going to make me root for the Pens. NYI beats Pens, Leafs lose to Bruins, Islanders lose in round 2.We still keep a decent pick.  It's a win, win, win.

1 hour ago, TLGTrico said:

I honestly want no part of the Isles in the final four.  Let's not forget that their 2nd round pick belongs to us

Great point. Go Pens!

I hope they lose in the next round against WSH / CAR.

9 hours ago, brett said:

hope pens lose

All Wings fans do. But why does it matter when they lose? I don't give a s*** if they get past the first round, especially if them getting past the first round (Islanders losing) benefits the Red Wings...

2 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

All Wings fans do. But why does it matter when they lose? I don't give a s*** if they get past the first round, especially if them getting past the first round (Islanders losing) benefits the Red Wings...

A first-round exit would make them especially sad. Also, the more home games they play in the playoffs, the more playoff revenue they get.

I'd forgotten about the pick tho. That's a good point.

Edited by Dabura

13 minutes ago, Dabura said:

A first-round exit would make theme specially sad. Also, the more home games they play in the playoffs, the more playoff revenue they get.

I'd forgotten about the pick tho. That's a good point.

I don't give a s*** about any of that. I care about the Red Wings, and the Pens winning this series would benefit the Red Wings.

3 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

Because ur supposed to root for them to crash and burn as quickly as possible. Isles going out in the 2nd round doesnt change the pick all that much, and its the lesser of 2 evils.

36 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Because ur supposed to root for them to crash and burn as quickly as possible. Isles going out in the 2nd round doesnt change the pick all that much, and its the lesser of 2 evils.

Agree to disagree I guess. I probably just don't (irrationally) hate the Pens (and Crosby) as much as some Wings fans though... But then again, I'm on kinda on that level with the Leafs, and I'd still rather the outcome that benefits the Wings over one that would hinder the Leafs (or any team)...

2 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Agree to disagree I guess. I probably just don't (irrationally) hate the Pens (and Crosby) as much as some Wings fans though... But then again, I'm on kinda on that level with the Leafs, and I'd still rather the outcome that benefits the Wings over one that would hinder the Leafs (or any team)...

Yes. Our hatred is irrational, although not without reason. Not afraid to admit it.

19 minutes ago, Dabura said:

Real talk: I don't truly hate any teams these days and it sucks. I hate some teams on principle, but that's boring.

Agreed.  I used to hate teams that found ways to consistently beat the Wings despite us being better than them on paper, but now the Wings are one of those teams.

2 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

The Isles going out in round 2 doesn't affect the pick at all actually.