• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
ChristopherReevesLegs

TOR vs. BOS - Series Thread

Rate this topic

Burke was saying during the Calgary game that he thinks Kadri will get 5, due to him being a repeat offender with 4 suspensions on his record already. Pretty much agreed on by all other analysts. We'll see. I will laugh if he does. And Leaf fans will cry about how Chara manhandled him after and got nothing, when he was clearly just keeping Kadri off the guy he just cross checked in the head.

12 hours ago, amato said:

He has to know that he can't. I was surprised they didn't trade Nylander honestly 

I have witnesses, when the Leafs signed Tavares I said, "Why did they do that? They've upped the value of all their young stars. Matthews and Marner are going to want what Tavares makes, and Nylander can ask for a little less"

They're stuck with Nylander now. Marner is worth draft picks, another team will sign him.

6 hours ago, chaps80 said:

Burke was saying during the Calgary game that he thinks Kadri will get 5, due to him being a repeat offender with 4 suspensions on his record already. Pretty much agreed on by all other analysts. We'll see. I will laugh if he does. And Leaf fans will cry about how Chara manhandled him after and got nothing, when he was clearly just keeping Kadri off the guy he just cross checked in the head.

I was reading Kadri has an in-person hearing with the league, which means he can be suspended for 5 games. Sounds to me like he's done for the series.

The Leafs better calm down, and get back to the way they played in Game 1. Playing physical with the Bruins will get them no where. The Bruins star players can hit, the Leafs star players can't. Game 2 is how the Bruins want the series to be played.

Edited by Barrie

1 hour ago, Barrie said:

I have witnesses, when the Leafs signed Tavares I said, "Why did they do that? They've upped the value of all their young stars. Matthews and Marner are going to want what Tavares makes, and Nylander can ask for a little less"

They're stuck with Nylander now. Marner is worth draft picks, another team will sign him.

I was reading Kadri has an in-person hearing with the league, which means he can be suspended for 5 games. Sounds to me like he's done for the series.

The Leafs better calm down, and get back to the way they played in Game 1. Playing physical with the Bruins will get them no where. The Bruins star players can hit, the Leafs star players can't. Game 2 is how the Bruins want the series to be played.

Good call.

4 hours ago, Barrie said:

https://www.nhl.com/news/maple-leafs-nazem-kadri-to-have-hearing-for-actions-against-bruins/c-306742058?tid=277549076

Nazem Kadri has been offered an in-person hearing with the NHL Department of Player Safety.

The Toronto Maple Leafs forward is facing discipline for cross-checking Bruins forward Jake DeBrusk in third period of Game 2 of the Eastern Conference First Round on Saturday.

The incident occurred with 5:57 remaining in the Maple Leafs' 4-1 loss. Kadri received a major penalty for cross-checking and a game misconduct.

The best-of-7 playoff series is tied 1-1 with Game 3 at Toronto on Monday.

The following grounds are being considered for supplemental discipline: cross-checking. However, the Department of Player Safety retains the right to make adjustments to the infraction upon review.

The date and time of the hearing is to be determined. According to the NHL/NHLPA collective bargaining agreement, a player has the right to an in-person hearing if facing a disciplinary suspension of six or more games.

2 hours ago, F.Michael said:

Yeah - I'm thinking 5 games...Too bad - he was playing quite well, and will be missed.

Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy. :angel_not:

So now, for the second year in a row, a Leafs team that struggles on the defensive side of the puck will have to find a way to win some games against the Bruins without the aid of their go-to shutdown centerman, because he did something stupid.

37 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

So Kadri now has 5 suspensions due to hits to the head over 7 seasons

For reference Wilson has 3 over 6 seasons

Marchand has 2 over 10 seasons

Gudas has 1 over 7 seaons

He's becoming radicalized.  

2 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

So Kadri now has 5 suspensions due to hits to the head over 7 seasons

For reference Wilson has 3 over 6 seasons

Marchand has 2 over 10 seasons

Gudas has 1 over 7 seaons

And to think...Had he just dropped the gloves - engaged DeBrusk (at worst sucker-punching him)...All he would've gotten is 5 min, and possibly ejected from the game.

38 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

And to think...Had he just dropped the gloves - engaged DeBrusk (at worst sucker-punching him)...All he would've gotten is 5 min, and possibly ejected from the game.

Kadri is too hot headed for that. He mentioned something about "just seeing red" after the DeBrusk hit and just went after him. If the Leafs lose this series, he may be playing elsewhere next season. 

Nylander is taking Kadri's spot as 3C for the rest of the series.

3 hours ago, GMRwings1983 said:

He's becoming radicalized.  

42 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

He's targeting Westerners.

Lol

32 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

You could say he's terrorizing the league

?

Now I get it. 

Because of the way he looks. 

1 hour ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

You could say he's terrorizing the league

1 hour ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

?

Now I get it. 

Because of the way he looks. 

To be fair, his ancestry is Lebanese, who generally arent associated with terrorism to my knowledge. He is also the first Muslim to play in the NHL, so expect terror related trash talk.

40 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

To be fair, his ancestry is Lebanese, who generally arent associated with terrorism to my knowledge. He is also the first Muslim to play in the NHL, so expect terror related trash talk.

To be fair? To whom? Me? 

Why should I "expect terror related trash talk"? I would never expect that. 

I should have been less facetious I guess. I think the terrorist Kadri jokes are dumb. Not to get all up in it. And no virtue signaling either. Just wanted to clarify where I'm really at with all this talk. 

Edited by The 91 of Ryans

45 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

To be fair? To whom? Me? 

I should have been less facetious I guess. I think the terrorist Kadri jokes are dumb. Not to get all up in it. And no virtue signaling either. Just wanted to clarify where I'm really at with all this talk. 

You're right. I made it all up. The 2 are never related.

If you belong to a group that does horrible things in the name of that group, I think you can expect backlash for it. Especially if you dont speak out against it. If you don't like it, be a voice for change for that group. Then maybe you might change people's minds.

14 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

You're right. I made it all up. The 2 are never related.

If you belong to a group that does horrible things in the name of that group, I think you can expect backlash for it. Especially if you dont speak out against it. If you don't like it, be a voice for change for that group. Then maybe you might change people's minds.

blah blah blah blah blah. You literally have to turn every thread turn into political ones. 

Edited by kickazz

1 hour ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

To be fair? To whom? Me? 

Oh they're dumb lol not even clever

I'm at: I don't like Kadri. He's a dirty head hunting Tronna dweeb. I don't like Lebanon either. Their hummus is inferior and gross. 

13 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Oh they're dumb lol not even clever

I'm at: I don't like Kadri. He's a dirty head hunting Tronna dweeb. I don't like Lebanon either. Their hummus is inferior and gross. 

I don't like him either. 

I'd like to reconnect with my inner Hendricks here and say that I still feel like Toronto are winning this series. Then they'll have a nice little path laid out for them to get to the finals. It's gross to think about.