• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
ChristopherReevesLegs

TOR vs. BOS - Series Thread

Rate this topic

Just now, F.Michael said:

Like I said before - watch Dubas bend to the will of social media/fans/etc, and fire Babcock.

So far these playoffs it's been refreshing to see hard work/determination  >  skill.

Unlike the NBA, where hard work doesn't matter.

On 4/17/2019 at 8:40 AM, The 91 of Ryans said:

They're going to win this series. And they're going to the finals. The path is there.  I can feel it in my bones. 

Oh yes. 

On 4/17/2019 at 8:43 AM, krsmith17 said:

I used to like you... What happened?

Also, you're wrong.

On 4/17/2019 at 8:50 AM, The 91 of Ryans said:

I like people that I don't always agree with. You should try it. :lol:

Also, not that it's that important to me, but I have a modest track record of being right. 

at least about a few things

f*** the Leafs and f*** your predictions zombo.

Edited by kickazz

Truth be told I'm impressed with how the Leafs made it a 7 game series...I was 1 whom felt it would be over in 4, or 5.

29 minutes ago, GMRwings1983 said:

Unlike the NBA, where hard work doesn't matter.

Up until last year I hadn't watched an NBA game for 20 some years...Man how things have changed...Today's NBA looks like a pick-up game.

15 minutes ago, kickazz said:

f*** the Leafs and f*** your predictions zombo.

Agreed on both!! 

2 hours ago, Dabura said:

There's so much going against the Leafs in the likeability department.

• Canada
  • Canadian
  • Based in Canada
  • Traitorous Tavares
  • Canada
  • Their fans are all insufferable
  • Canadian hockey media, which is basically Leafs media, is insufferable
  • The city of Toronto is a stupid place
  • Bumbling Babcock
  • Golfin' Kadri
  • Prissy Nylander
  • Overrated Auston
  • Canada

I could go on.

Agreed 110%. Signed: A Canadian. 

2 hours ago, Dabura said:

There's so much going against the Leafs in the likeability department.

• Canada
  • Canadian
  • Based in Canada
  • Traitorous Tavares
  • Canada
  • Their fans are all insufferable
  • Canadian hockey media, which is basically Leafs media, is insufferable
  • The city of Toronto is a stupid place
  • Bumbling Babcock
  • Golfin' Kadri
  • Prissy Nylander
  • Overrated Auston
  • Canada

I could go on.

Please do!!!

1 hour ago, Mckinley25 said:

We can now shower, drink moonshine or blueberry shakes, whatever our preferred method of cleansing is and collectively forget we supported Boston.  Blue Jackets, you have my allegiance.

Amen!  I said that the BJ's had no chance in hell in beating Tampa Bay so I'm going to say again so they'll win the next series.

6 hours ago, cusimano_brothers said:

"Scott also adds that despite what many online have claimed, his head is not abnormally large."

I can assure u Mr. Scott, if u r a Leafs fan, ur head is abnormally large by default. You can't have one without the other.

5 hours ago, F.Michael said:

D43YjbfUcAEMMu6.jpg:large

Millennials...

Monochromatomania.

A word of advise guys. Just because all of your articles of clothing are blue, doesnt mean they all match. The more you know.

3 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

How much will the Isles fans revel if/when Toronto gets eliminated and they have swept the Pens?

It will be epic. And totally entertaining.

Man!! The Leaf fans want Babcock's head on a platter. Here are a few of the highlights from the HOF forums:

I don't want to see this guy's smug arrogant face again. I feel rage inside every time I see him doing a post-game presser. ****ing loser.

Time for Babcock to be fired. That was beyond egregious. Absolutely ****ing insanity that the man doesn't ****ing load up his lines with the season on the line. Fire his stupid Saskatoon ass.

WTF that pos is laughing? **** him and **** Dubas if he doesn't fire babcock tomorrow

he cashed in his big pay day so he doesn't give a ****

He should have been fired the minute the clock hit 0:00. Don't even let him into the dressing room, make him leave the arena with all the fans (he probably wants to high five them anyway) and find his own way home.

7 hours ago, kliq said:

Man!! The Leaf fans want Babcock's head on a platter. Here are a few of the highlights from the HOF forums:

Not surprised at all.

The 'kids' on the team probably don't listen to him...Babs, and Dubas are said to be at odds...Fans had been watching the team unravel since Jan 1st of this year.

I'm surprised they took the Bruins to 7 games...I predicted they'd lose in 4, or 5.

7 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Can he come back here if he gets fired? Plz thanks

NO!

1 hour ago, Dabura said:

Should've traded for Glendening.

I'm not even kidding. Losing their top shutdown guy in Kadri was a massive blow. Gauthier is meh.

I agree. Glendening would have been a good pickup for them. Howard would have also been a good pickup for the Flames...

Gauthier sucks. I said before we ever drafted Rasmussen that's who he reminded me of. I've come off that a bit since drafting him, but unfortunately I can still see a lot of similarities. I sure as hell hope Ras becomes a better player than "The Goat"... 

5 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

I agree. Glendening would have been a good pickup for them. Howard would have also been a good pickup for the Flames...

Gauthier sucks. I said before we ever drafted Rasmussen that's who he reminded me of. I've come off that a bit since drafting him, but unfortunately I can still see a lot of similarities. I sure as hell hope Ras becomes a better player than "The Goat"... 

In retrospect, maybe all the people who were saying the Leafs needed more gritty veteran guys were on to something.

Babcock won his one Cup with an extremely deep team. Battle-tested veteran depth. Skill guys who, for the most part, could be trusted in all situations. This Leafs team...is not that team. Skill for days, but it's a paper tiger team.

Not making excuses for Babcock. But I do kinda feel like this is more on Dubas. Team is fundamentally flawed.

9 minutes ago, Dabura said:

In retrospect, maybe all the people who were saying the Leafs needed more gritty veteran guys were on to something.

Babcock won his one Cup with an extremely deep team. Battle-tested veteran depth. Skill guys who, for the most part, could be trusted in all situations. This Leafs team...is not that team. Skill for days, but it's a paper tiger team.

Not making excuses for Babcock. But I do kinda feel like this is more on Dubas. Team is fundamentally flawed.

This is partially copied from another thread...

I feel Babcock is a very good coach, but he does has some flaws...For starters - he's the coach of the Leafs, and we all know what goes on there (media hype, ego stroking, etc)...He's also stubborn, and with that he keeps trying to pound the square peg into the round hole.

I'm not privy as to what goes on behind closed doors, but me thinks he's not on the same page with his GM, nor with the millennials that make up a significant portion of this team (in other words he appears to luv his vets).

I'd say it's a 50/50 chance that he's behind the bench this fall...Not sure whom the Leafs would hire in his place - unless there's a few more lopped heads this spring/summer (Paul Maurice, and Peter Laviolette).

The Leafs are a mess. Dubas is clueless.

I know Holland the last few years wasn't well liked, but at least I could see he had a plan. For example, contracts were expiring the same time guys needed extensions and raises. Dubas has no plan.

Edited by Barrie

8 hours ago, F.Michael said:

This is partially copied from another thread...

I feel Babcock is a very good coach, but he does has some flaws...For starters - he's the coach of the Leafs, and we all know what goes on there (media hype, ego stroking, etc)...He's also stubborn, and with that he keeps trying to pound the square peg into the round hole.

I'm not privy as to what goes on behind closed doors, but me thinks he's not on the same page with his GM, nor with the millennials that make up a significant portion of this team (in other words he appears to luv his vets).

I'd say it's a 50/50 chance that he's behind the bench this fall...Not sure whom the Leafs would hire in his place - unless there's a few more lopped heads this spring/summer (Paul Maurice, and Peter Laviolette).

1 minute ago, Barrie said:

The Leafs are a mess. Dubas is clueless.

I think Babcock is safe. To me, there's blame on both sets of shoulders; Dubas gave Babcock a fundamentally flawed roster, but Babcock isn't being paid All The Money for first-round exits and excuses and questionable player management. At the end of the day, I assume Dubas knows that there's work to be done and that the work probably shouldn't include firing a very good (if overrated) coach. "The devil you know" and all that.

I actually think their cap situation isn't too bad. Might have to shed a couple good players, but they'll probably be ok.

14 minutes ago, Dabura said:

I think Babcock is safe. To me, there's blame on both sets of shoulders; Dubas gave Babcock a fundamentally flawed roster, but Babcock isn't being paid All The Money for first-round exits and excuses and questionable player management. At the end of the day, I assume Dubas knows that there's work to be done and that the work probably shouldn't include firing a very good (if overrated) coach. "The devil you know" and all that.

I actually think their cap situation isn't too bad. Might have to shed a couple good players, but they'll probably be ok.

It’s all great news for us though. Hahahah

f***em. 

7 minutes ago, Dabura said:

Zaitsev can't make a tape to tape pass.
A 38 year old Hainsey is logging big minutes on D.
Leafs should let Gardiner walk so someone else can overpay him.
Kadri is a head hunting jack ass who will continue taking dumb suspensions
Nylander isn't worth his huge contract
Babcock overplays Marleau
Whole team is undersized and lacks grit