ChristopherReevesLegs

TOR vs. BOS - Series Thread

Rate this topic

17 minutes ago, kickazz said:

It’s all great news for us though. Hahahah

f***em. 

14 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Zaitsev can't make a tape to tape pass.
A 38 year old Hainsey is logging big minutes on D.
Leafs should let Gardiner walk so someone else can overpay him.
Kadri is a head hunting jack ass who will continue taking dumb suspensions
Nylander isn't worth his huge contract
Babcock overplays Marleau
Whole team is undersized and lacks grit

I just can't get over the fact that the Isles are still alive and the Leafs are golfing.

What a time to be alive.

19 hours ago, kliq said:

Man!! The Leaf fans want Babcock's head on a platter. Here are a few of the highlights from the HOF forums:

Seems about right. It's a season end tradition for Leaf fans to bash someone with something to do with the team. But by September they'll be back on board talking s*** about how this is the year. Again.

A friend of mine burned his Leafs jersey years ago. He said the curse will never end. And it still hasn't.

3 minutes ago, chaps80 said:

Seems about right. It's a season end tradition for Leaf fans to bash someone with something to do with the team. But by September they'll be back on board talking s*** about how this is the year. Again.

A friend of mine burned his Leafs jersey years ago. He said the curse will never end. And it still hasn't.

It's almost like the Lion's curse but at least the Leafs won the Cup.  

What does it say about this team that the Leafs havent won a cup since 67 and they still have more than us?

On 4/23/2019 at 10:07 PM, F.Michael said:

Truth be told I'm impressed with how the Leafs made it a 7 game series...I was 1 whom felt it would be over in 4, or 5.

Up until last year I hadn't watched an NBA game for 20 some years...Man how things have changed...Today's NBA looks like a pick-up game.

At least there hasnt been anything for the players to protest about for awhile. That makes it alot more watchable.

On 4/23/2019 at 9:38 PM, GMRwings1983 said:

Unlike the NBA, where hard work doesn't matter.

But black lives do.

On 4/23/2019 at 9:12 PM, AtlantaHotWings said:

As my friends that are Hawks fans and those that are Pens (I know why have those kinds of friends) when I say we have 11 they say the 50s and 60s don't count. So therefore any championships the Leafs have from that era are summarily dismissed. Therefore we have more done

My response would be that cups won following deliberate tanking dont count either.

5 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

What does it say about this team that the Leafs havent won a cup since 67 and they still have more than us?

What does it say about this team? Nothing... The Leafs (along with the Habs) won all their Cups in the original six era. Those two teams dominated. The Red Wings are 3rd all-time in Stanley Cups. They've won 4 in our lifetime. Most Leafs fans have either never seen their team win the Cup or were too young to remember.

On 4/23/2019 at 9:12 PM, AtlantaHotWings said:

As my friends that are Hawks fans and those that are Pens (I know why have those kinds of friends) when I say we have 11 they say the 50s and 60s don't count. So therefore any championships the Leafs have from that era are summarily dismissed. Therefore we have more done

Living in Pittsburgh, I get this a lot too.  There wasn't as many teams, you didn't need as many wins, etc.  While that is true, its also true that with less teams, there was more talent on each team.  The Habs and Leafs won so many Cups because they were loaded with future Hall of Famers. They were extremely difficult to beat period, let alone in a best of seven series.  While the Wings had great players during those days as well, it doesn't take away how difficult it was to knock off a superstar loaded team back then.  Meanwhile, you look at, for example, the Penguins, a team loaded with stars, winning the Cup against the Predators, the only 16th seed in NHL history to qualify for the Finals.  Beating some scrub team that lucked their way into the Finals counts but beating a team of Hall of Famers doesn't?  

Edited by xtrememachine1

20 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

Is it me, or is anyone else surprised that the Bruins/BJs round starts tonight?

Thought the league would've given the Bs 1 more night off.

In basketball maybe.  The NHL doesn't give as much playoff rest between games or between series when a series goes the 7 games.  Plus, Columbus has already had 9 days since the last game.  It's just one of those situations where one team played the maximum games and the other played the minimum. 

Too bad for Boston I guess.  With Toronto gone, I don't care who wins the Cup as long as it's not Boston.      

23 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

Is it me, or is anyone else surprised that the Bruins/BJs round starts tonight?

Thought the league would've given the Bs 1 more night off.

That's typically how it goes.  If you finish early, you get rest.  If you go 7, you get one day off and then the next round starts.

Just now, GMRwings1983 said:

In basketball maybe.  The NHL doesn't give as much playoff rest between games or between series when a series goes the 7 games.  Plus, Columbus has already had 9 days since the last game.  It's just one of those situations where one team played the maximum games and the other played the minimum. 

Too bad for Boston I guess.  With Toronto gone, I don't care who wins the Cup as long as it's not Boston.      

[âIMG]

Just now, xtrememachine1 said:

That's typically how it goes.  If you finish early, you get rest.  If you go 7, you get one day off and then the next round starts.

Unless it's the 2009 Finals.  Back to back games, baby!  

Sorry.  I still haven't forgiven Conan O'Brien for costing us the Stanley Cup that season.

Just now, xtrememachine1 said:

For whatever reason I thought the league would've given the Bruins off until Friday night...Then again there's the NBA to contend with, and other teams were done in 4 games...So yeah.

7 minutes ago, GMRwings1983 said:

Unless it's the 2009 Finals.  Back to back games, baby!  

Sorry.  I still haven't forgiven Conan O'Brien for costing us the Stanley Cup that season.

LOL its comforting to know I'm not the only one that remembers and is still pissed off about that.

36 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Tronna class

Death threats from 'Canadians'? Is that really a thing?

What are they gonna do - smother you with pancakes, and drown you in maple syrup?

Now...If these threats came from Preds fans - that would be different...I've been down there...Just outside the city limits you can here the banjo playing in the distance...