• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
chaps80

CAR vs WSH - Series Thread

Rate this topic

Just now, F.Michael said:

I'd take that bet...I'd place odds that an enraged Ovi would cause some serious carnage.

Ovi vs Malkin would be an interesting fight. Then again, it's Malkin...so he probably just literally stabs Ovi in the back with a literal katana. Where'd he get the katana? I dunno, it's Malkin, I just assume he has a katana on hand at all times.

Just now, Dabura said:

Rod the Bod must've given one hell of a pregame speech.

Yeah, like he gave the ref the other night. Just SNAPPIN'!! hahaha

Carolina PP. :lol:

Holy s***, the Caps look drained. Canes just playing with the puck in their zone. I'm guessing without Holtby this would be worse.

And would ya look at that..Hamilton!! 4-0!!!

16 minutes ago, chaps80 said:

Holy s***, the Caps look drained. Canes just playing with the puck in their zone. I'm guessing without Holtby this would be worse.

And would ya look at that..Hamilton!! 4-0!!!

Part of me wonders if the Caps will struggle with fatigue in these playoffs. They play a pretty taxing brand of hockey, they're coming off the deepest postseason run of most of the players' careers...

1 minute ago, Dabura said:

Part of me wonders if the Caps will struggle with fatigue in these playoffs. They play a pretty taxing brand of hockey, they're coming off the deepest postseason run of most of the players' careers...

Very true. They look very un-Caps like right now. Losing 5-0, 44-12 shot count for Carolina, lost track of the Caps penalties. They look tired and frustrated.

They love Mrazek.

Mrazek preserving his shutout. Big saves. 

4 minutes ago, chaps80 said:

I just saw the Ovi beatdown of Svetch. That was brutal, knocked him out. Wonder if Svetch will be OK for Game 4? Damnnn.

Not very often you see guys get slept like that. Hope he's ok. 19 year old rookies have no business going at it with Ovi. The great8 shouldnt be beatin on rookies, but its the playoffs n hes losing... all bets are kinda off. Young Svech will think twice next time.

1 minute ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Not very often you see guys get slept like that. Hope he's ok. 19 year old rookies have no business going at it with Ovi. The great8 shouldnt be beatin on rookies, but its the playoffs n hes losing... all bets are kinda off. Young Svech will think twice next time.

Ovi and Svetch have been physical with each other since the start of the series. Nothing crazy, just hockey, Ovi challenging him to play hard. Tonight wasn't the night to drop em with Ovi when he was already frustrated though, that's for sure. Svetch wasn't ready whatsoever, haven't seen a beatdown like that in awhile. Ballsy to stand up for himself, gotta give him that, but stupid at the same time. There's a still picture I saw of one of the punches on impact, Ovi's fist flattened his face. lol

alex-ovechkin-andrei-svechnikov.jpg

6 minutes ago, chaps80 said:

Ovi and Svetch have been physical with each other since the start of the series. Nothing crazy, just hockey, Ovi challenging him to play hard. Tonight wasn't the night to drop em with Ovi when he was already frustrated though, that's for sure. Svetch wasn't ready whatsoever, haven't seen a beatdown like that in awhile. Ballsy to stand up for himself, gotta give him that, but stupid at the same time. There's a still picture I saw of one of the punches on impact, Ovi's fist flattened his face. lol

I believe Ovi said if he didnt make it in hockey his other option was likely being an enforcer in the Moscow mob. Ovi is skilled enough to not have to fight, but he could prolly make it as an enforcer in this league if he wanted to. Dudes a beast. 

10 minutes ago, chaps80 said:

He knows 1st hand what Ovi's knuckle sandwich tastes like.

I believe Ovi said if he didnt make it in hockey his other option was likely being an enforcer in the Moscow mob. Ovi is skilled enough to not have to fight, but he could prolly make it as an enforcer in this league if he wanted to. Dudes a beast. 

Agreed. But you don't want a 50+ goal scorer taking 5 min fighting majors all the time. Wilson usually handles that s***.

Ovi is what Todd Bertuzzi was for a few years, before he became a big softie.

5 minutes ago, chaps80 said:

Agreed. But you don't want a 50+ goal scorer taking 5 min fighting majors all the time. Wilson usually handles that s***.

Ovi is what Todd Bertuzzi was for a few years, before he became a big softie.

Took Todd a while to truly breakout in the league. Gives me some serious hope for Tyler thou...

Took Todd a while to truly breakout in the league. Gives me some serious hope for Tyler thou...

Yeah, Todd didn't hit 50 points until about 5 seasons into his career. 62 points in his first two seasons in NYI. 140 games. Tyler already has 71 points in 128 games. He will only get better. Todd had more than double the amount of PIMs in those first two seasons, but Tyler is a few inches shorter and around 50lbs less, he doesn't have the weight to throw around like his uncle did. Well, until Moore, then he was scared to hit people. Todd's best season was 97 points, also had 144 PIMs that season, highest season total. Beast mode.