• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
chaps80

CAR vs WSH - Series Thread

Rate this topic

22 minutes ago, Wheelchairsuperhero said:

Yikes, I keep wishing Svech would've done something other than just square up and eat those punches. Can't just sit there and trade with a gorilla like Ovi.

Ive been searching for a term to describe Ovi

Gorilla is the correct term

40 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Carolina defense allowed only 18 shots last night. Svechnikov took more shots than Mrazek did lol

Regarding lil Svech

Brind'Amour probably wasn't this upset when he found out Lindros was seeing his wife.  Guy looked like he was going to cry at the press conference last night.  

21 minutes ago, GMRwings1983 said:

Brind'Amour probably wasn't this upset when he found out Lindros was seeing his wife.  Guy looked like he was going to cry at the press conference last night.  

HAHAHAHA I forgot about that. 

2 minutes ago, amato said:

This mrazek goalie guy looks solid.. We should try to get someone like him. 

But, we got a 4th for him!

Oh, wait. That was upgraded to a hefty 3rd.

Edited by chaps80

1 minute ago, Dabura said:

Nope, tied at 2. Still impressive tho.

Oh, s***. Ya your right. I glanced at the wrong series leader on the NHL site during the game. Still good, all even.

That McLovin dude Foegele is coming up big too.

11 minutes ago, chaps80 said:

Oh, s***. Ya your right. I glanced at the wrong series leader on the NHL site during the game. Still good, all even.

I've gotta think Brind'Amour is using the Jackets' triumph as inspirational material, maybe also the Isles' triumph. "Why not us?"

Imagine not having any of those three teams -- Caps, Bolts, Pens -- in the second round. lol

Edited by Dabura

1 minute ago, Dabura said:

I've gotta think Brind'Amour is using the Jackets' triumph as inspirational material, maybe also the Isles' triumph. "Why not us?"

Imagine not having any of those three teams -- Caps, Bolts. Pens -- in the second round. lol

I'm watching the Canes post game interviews. None of them seem too high on themselves or their play, staying humble and focused.

2 minutes ago, Dabura said:

Imagine not having any of those three teams -- Caps, Bolts, Pens -- in the second round. lol

The NHL needs to tell Carolina that nobody wants to see them and their hideous jerseys advance.  They typically play in front of 20 fans in that building.  They're not good for hockey.

Just now, GMRwings1983 said:

The NHL needs to tell Carolina that nobody wants to see them and their hideous jerseys advance.  They typically play in front of 20 fans in that building.  They're not good for hockey.

Jerseys are hurtin, but at least this is better than having Vegas make the Finals in their first season and leading SJ 3-1 now. Having an expansion franchise being pretty much an instant contender...something not right about that, at least to me. Plunk down your money and have a Cup.

And I get the "it's good for the game" part, but they shouldn't have to be a contending team to have a fanbase in their city. Earn it.

3 minutes ago, GMRwings1983 said:

I think they're good for hockey if they're a really good team. Their problem is that they're never a really good team. Hopefully they've turned a corner.

How the Carolina Hurricanes reinvented hockey in North Carolina, and what's next [ESPN]

4 minutes ago, Dabura said:

I think they're good for hockey if they're a really good team. Their problem is that they're never a really good team. Hopefully they've turned a corner.

How the Carolina Hurricanes reinvented hockey in North Carolina, and what's next [ESPN]

That's part of what i mean. All these franchises are stuck in perpetual losing seasons for the most part, but the expansion franchise wins the Western Conference in their first season, and may just do it again..or better. That's gotta piss these Carolina-type franchises right off. I really wonder how Vegas will treat that team when they start to suck. Will they stick around, or will the new shine wear off?

1 hour ago, Dabura said:

They either go deep in the playoffs or don't make the playoffs.  That's their history it seems.

On 4/18/2019 at 10:21 PM, chaps80 said:

That's part of what i mean. All these franchises are stuck in perpetual losing seasons for the most part, but the expansion franchise wins the Western Conference in their first season, and may just do it again..or better. That's gotta piss these Carolina-type franchises right off. I really wonder how Vegas will treat that team when they start to suck. Will they stick around, or will the new shine wear off?

The great irony, of course, is that everyone took one look at last season's Vegas roster after the expansion draft and said they were going to be historically awful. That's why I wouldn't expect Seattle to have the same success straight out of the gate. GMs are probably going to be more careful and conservative re: the expansion draft. Teams aren't going to take them as lightly as they probably took the Knights.

Of course, again, everyone thought last season's Vegas team was going to be terrible, so maybe it doesn't even matter how the expansion draft goes. Maybe there's just some weird cosmic energy that comes with being an expansion team in this day and age. And if that's the case and Seattle has a Vegas-like first run, I guess I'd expect some owners to be a bit miffed. They'd have no one to blame but themselves, though. They own Bettman, so they own all the league's successes and failures and controversies.

Edited by Dabura