• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Dabura

SJS vs VGK - Series Thread

Rate this topic

10 minutes ago, Dabura said:

Knights did themselves no favors in this series, but that call will go down as one of the worst in the history of the league. Brutal.

I think the only thing worse than the call was the subsequent PK.

It's funny....I saw a comment somewhere along the lines of "Is it the refs fault Vegas couldn't kill a penalty?" - huh?  Ummm....no....but....

Don’t love the call, but when you allow the refs to make a judgement call based on “severity of the infraction” ...and there’s blood on the ice... well, this is what you get. 

Aside from that, where were the penalty killers for FIVE MINUTES? Where was a time out call after the second or third goal? 

You then came back and scored to force OT.  What happened after that? 

Oh right, you didn’t score and the other team did. 

10 minutes ago, e_prime said:

Don’t love the call, but when you allow the refs to make a judgement call based on “severity of the infraction” ...and there’s blood on the ice... well, this is what you get. 

Aside from that, where were the penalty killers for FIVE MINUTES? Where was a time out call after the second or third goal? 

You then came back and scored to force OT.  What happened after that? 

Oh right, you didn’t score and the other team did. 

The other comment is that this game shouldn't even have happened.....why did Vegas let this get to a game 7?

6 hours ago, toby91_ca said:

I get it, you can make the argument a penalty is a penalty....but it really isn't...which is frustrating.  That's not the point here though.  Your comment "maybe it should have been 2 instead of 5" - can't agree with that, there is no "maybe", there is zero argument for a 5 min major there, zero.  I'm livid about the call and result thereafter....can't imagine how angry I'd be right now if I was a Vegas fan.  I'm tempted to search around the web to find a Vegas fan board and see if people are losing their minds.

It was a completely unnecessary cross check. IMO. Pavelski did not have the puck. He was completely facing away from the puck so there is no way he was getting the puck back. He was not in any way directly involved in the play. Eakin had no reason to do what he did. It was stupid.

It could have been called as a 2 minute minor. I will concede that the fact Pavelski was injured probably increased the severity of the penalty.

5 hours ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

If I were a Vegas fan I'd be fuming that they let San Jose back in this series after being up 3-1. 

Reasons why VGK has no reason to complain.

1. They were up 3-1 in the series and had 2 previous chances to close it. They didn't.

2.They gave up 4 PPG on one PP. Ridiculous PK. They only had to stop one of them to win. They didn't.

3. They could have still won the game in OT. They didn't.

If Vegas wants something to complain about, there are 3 right there. Stop blaming the officiating. It had very little to do with it.

2 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

It was a completely unnecessary cross check. IMO. Pavelski did not have the puck. He was completely facing away from the puck so there is no way he was getting the puck back. He was not in any way directly involved in the play. Eakin had no reason to do what he did. It was stupid.

It could have been called as a 2 minute minor. I will concede that the fact Pavelski was injured probably increased the severity of the penalty.

Reasons why VGK has no reason to complain.

1. They were up 3-1 in the series and had 2 previous chances to close it. They didn't.

2.They gave up 4 PPG on one PP. Ridiculous PK. They only had to stop one of them to win. They didn't.

3. They could have still won the game in OT. They didn't.

If Vegas wants something to complain about, there are 3 right there. Stop blaming the officiating. It had very little to do with it.

Yep. Epic meltdown. Allowing 4 PP goals in 5 min? Right there you don't deserve to win the game.

I must say I enjoyed it though. Sick of hearing about Vegas and hearing all the Vegas playoff bandwagon slappies slobbering over them. 

I dont understand what the problem is? In real life if you injure someone especially using blunt force, it's a crime, and the worse they are hurt the worse the punishment is. In hockey if a guy gets injured because of a stupid careless action, he should have a more severe penalty. Do you think bertuzzi would have gotten suspended for a full season, sued, lost a lot of money if he hadn't hurt Moore?

25 minutes ago, Euro_Twins said:

I dont understand what the problem is? In real life if you injure someone especially using blunt force, it's a crime, and the worse they are hurt the worse the punishment is. In hockey if a guy gets injured because of a stupid careless action, he should have a more severe penalty. Do you think bertuzzi would have gotten suspended for a full season, sued, lost a lot of money if he hadn't hurt Moore?

Here's the facts:

1. They thought he crossed checked him in the face and then saw blood and injury, that's why he got 5 min

2. It wasn't even a hard cross check, it was more of a shove with the stick...across the chest, nowhere near the head...he lost balance and then got caught up with another SJ player and fell on his head....skate came near the head as well, haven't seen a good replay to see if he got caught with that.

3. If you take every referee on the planet and give them the benefit of replay, not a single one calls a 5 min major there.

4. Vegas has every right to complain about the call, but they should never have been in that position in the first place and have no one to blame but themselves.  They had a 3-0 lead, even if the penalty kill could have kept it to 2 goals against there....which is still a crappy PK...they would have been in good shape.

4 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

I remember when she was hot.

Really any John Hughes is fine by me.

War is coming to LGW... time to pick a side...

John Hughes films enthusiasts v. Japanese anime nerds v. WWE fanboys

My ancestors are smiling on me Jap nerds and Wrasselin boys. Can you say the same?

1 minute ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

War is coming to LGW... time to pick a side...

John Hughes films enthusiasts v. Japanese anime nerds v. WWE fanboys

My ancestors are smiling on me Jap nerds and Wrasselin boys. Can you say the same?

Lets be real. The only reason those nerds warch the anime is because they're into the hentai.