• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
amato

NSH vs DAL - Series Thread

Rate this topic

I low-key root for the Stars because I like Benn/Seguin/Radulov but I don’t think they’ll win this series. They have a struggling power play and 1 line that does most of their scoring. Bishop let in 2 bad goals in game 3 tonight that lost them the game. Not to mention they’re playing against a team, albeit flawed, that has gone far and Rinne has looked solid so far. Bad news for the Stars all around. 

Dallas is weird. Their D core is so young. Bishop is good. Why does Jamie Benn suck all of the sudden?

I suspect next year is their year. They have some big vet contracts coming off the books after these playoffs. Spezza, Zuccarello, Lovejoy, Polak. That's $14.5 coming off the books. The only real RFA they need to worry about paying is Esa Lindell, he might cost them another 2 or 3 million.

So they'll have about 12 million to upgrade their D. They could be much stronger next year if they do that

7 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Dallas is weird. Their D core is so young. Bishop is good. Why does Jamie Benn suck all of the sudden?

I suspect next year is their year. They have some big vet contracts coming off the books after these playoffs. Spezza, Zuccarello, Lovejoy, Polak. That's $14.5 coming off the books. The only real RFA they need to worry about paying is Esa Lindell, he might cost them another 2 or 3 million.

So they'll have about 12 million to upgrade their D. They could be much stronger next year if they do that

Karlsson to DAL for 12 mil AAV. Confirmed.

4 hours ago, Dabura said:

I picked Nashville to win this series in 5.

As with NYI-PIT and TBL-CBJ, I'm happy I was wrong. Nashville's forward group is even more boring than ours. Go Stars.

Nashville has always played boring hockey. lol

2 minutes ago, chaps80 said:

Nashville has always played boring hockey. lol

Fair point. But I feel like this team has the capacity to be really exciting and dominant, it just lacks some scoring punch at forward. The Boyle and Simmonds adds made some sense but weren't necessarily key pickups. Granlund is a good scorer, but I don't think he was The Guy that the Preds really needed. So, understandable moves...but not enough, imo.

Basically, I feel like Poile is getting too cute. They've finally opened a Cup window, they don't know how long it'll be open for, and Poile decides Boyle, Simmonds, and Granlund will put the team over the top. I get that the Preds' whole thing has always been getting good value out of underrated guys and such, but c'mon.

Pleasantly surprised by this series, so far. Dallas' top line is just overpowering the Preds, which is odd because in a lot of cases 1 line can be shut down in the playoffs. Dallas is capitalizing and playing a hard checking game as well as Nashville playing bad team defense in front of Rinne. 

Edit: Subban got burned on 2 goals. Yikes. 

Edited by kylee

12 hours ago, F.Michael said:

Not surprising at all with this finish.

Rinne reminds me of Lundqvist in that both are a few years past their 'prime', and they're not capable of making up for their teams' faults as they have been capable of in the past.

While I agree with that on games 4 and 5, in game 6 he stopped 49 of 51 shots. Nashville simply had no offence. You cant excuse that pitiful excuse of a power play, something like 0 for 15 in the series :bad:

25 minutes ago, Euro_Twins said:

While I agree with that on games 4 and 5, in game 6 he stopped 49 of 51 shots. Nashville simply had no offence. You cant excuse that pitiful excuse of a power play, something like 0 for 15 in the series :bad:

Heard somewhere that the Preds' power play is technically the worst of all time.

1 minute ago, Euro_Twins said:

Cant get worse than 0%

Not to mention 12.9% during the season, double barf

How do you even make the playoffs with numbers like that?

I think it was in reference to the regular season. In any case, LMAO.

15 hours ago, F.Michael said:

Not surprising at all with this finish.

Rinne reminds me of Lundqvist in that both are a few years past their 'prime', and they're not capable of making up for their teams' faults as they have been capable of in the past.

I wonder what their offseason plans are with Rinne. He's near the end of the line, a UFA, and just came off a $7 million per year deal. Do they re-sign him short term for less? Let him walk? Does he decide to test the market himself? I don't think he's ready to retire, just yet.