• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Dabura

Red Wings Agree to Terms with G Prospect Filip Larsson on Three-Year ELC

Rate this topic

7 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Any way he can play this season in the playoffs? The Griffs goaltending has been BAD down the stretch... Sateri has been mediocre at best all season, and Rybar has been pretty solid for the most part, but awful the past few games. He let in 3 goal on 3 shots last game and 10 goals on 28 shots in his last 2 games combined...

11 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Any way he can play this season in the playoffs? The Griffs goaltending has been BAD down the stretch... Sateri has been mediocre at best all season, and Rybar has been pretty solid for the most part, but awful the past few games. He let in 3 goal on 3 shots last game and 10 goals on 28 shots in his last 2 games combined...

In theory... yes I presume. I just doubt the Red Wings would.

9 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

That's how u draft goalies. Not waste a 1st or 2nd round pick on one.

Yep. Crapshoot. Price, Fleury, Vasilevsky are the only firsts that lived up their potential in over 20 years. Might be missing one or two at most.

NM, there were more. Rask, Schnieder, Dubnyk (took him awhile). Others like Varlamov, Lehtonen, Ward have had some success too.

Edited by chaps80

13 hours ago, chaps80 said:

Great news. He's pretty much the only goalie prospect i'm excited about. Satari, Petruzelli, and Fulcher could still work out, but they need a lot of work.

Goaltending is such a crap shoot, but we have plenty of good to really good young goaltender prospects. That being said, I wouldn't consider Sateri or even Rybar prospects. They're both too old (29 and 25 respectively), and are what they are at this point (career minor leaguers). I was hopeful that Fulcher would be able to develop into something, and although he's still very young (20), especially for a goaltender, I doubt he ever develops into an NHL quality starter. Petruzzelli is the same age, but I'm a little more optimistic about him, if for no other reason than the draft day hype... I've never really been that high on Van Pottelberghe (21), and it looks like he will be (or maybe already is) a free agent (unsigned). I'd put Brattstrom (22) in that same category as well. Probably won't amount to much. The TWO goaltenders that I'm most excited about are Larsson (20) and Eliasson (19). Both are putting up huge numbers in their respective leagues, and although still very young, look like they could become quality NHL goaltenders in the not so distant future. I'm all for a Swedish goalie tandem in 3-5 years from now. Hopefully one of them can become the next "King" Filip or "King" Jesper...

3 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

Goaltending is such a crap shoot, but we have plenty of good to really good young goaltender prospects. That being said, I wouldn't consider Sateri or even Rybar prospects. They're both too old (29 and 25 respectively), and are what they are at this point (career minor leaguers). I was hopeful that Fulcher would be able to develop into something, and although he's still very young (20), especially for a goaltender, I doubt he ever develops into an NHL quality starter. Petruzzelli is the same age, but I'm a little more optimistic about him, if for no other reason than the draft day hype... I've never really been that high on Van Pottelberghe (21), and it looks like he will be (or maybe already is) a free agent (unsigned). I'd put Brattstrom (22) in that same category as well. Probably won't amount to much. The TWO goaltenders that I'm most excited about are Larsson (20) and Eliasson (19). Both are putting up huge numbers in their respective leagues, and although still very young, look like they could become quality NHL goaltenders in the not so distant future. I'm all for a Swedish goalie tandem in 3-5 years from now. Hopefully one of them can become the next "King" Filip or "King" Jesper...

Sounds like Larsson will sign an ATO so he can be available for these playoffs like you were hoping

1 hour ago, krsmith17 said:

Excited to see what the kid can do at the next level. He already doesnt seem to be the headcase Mrazek was.

On 4/15/2019 at 1:46 PM, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Who would win?

hundreds of frozen vulcanized rubber pucks traveling at upwards of 100 mph

or one goofy swedish boy

20160710_1243500.jpg

How is going to get to the arena? He clearly isnt old enough to drive.

15 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Excited to see what the kid can do at the next level. He already doesnt seem to be the headcase Mrazek was.

How is going to get to the arena? He clearly isnt old enough to drive.

He had unreal numbers in the USHL, I kinda expected those numbers to take a hit in college, but they didn't really at all. Unreal college numbers as well. Let's accelerate him through the system and ruin him just like Mrazek I say.