• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
chaps80

COL vs. CGY - Series Thread

Rate this topic

11 hours ago, xault said:

I hate that I don't hate COL right now...

Me too. It feels dirty.

10 hours ago, kylee said:

I knew Mike 5mith would make an appearance sooner or later 

Yep, he used up all his playoff energy in the first two games, he's done. His equipment had to weigh double by the end of the first from all the sweating he did. His bones were hurting. I'm surprised he was in goal for the third, but if I was Rittich I wouldn't want any part of that mess either. I imagine Rittich gets the start for Game 4.

11 minutes ago, chaps80 said:

Me too. It feels dirty.

Yep, he used up all his playoff energy in the first two games, he's done. His equipment had to weigh double by the end of the first from all the sweating he did. His bones were hurting. I'm surprised he was in goal for the third, but if I was Rittich I wouldn't want any part of that mess either. I imagine Rittich gets the start for Game 4.

Still not sure why they didn't think Howard, as a rental, was a good option. 

6 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Still not sure why they didn't think Howard, as a rental, was a good option. 

Did Holland recieve any interest or offers for Howard from any teams? Don't recall hearing anything. He may have kept it quiet because he was planning to re-sign him anyways. Right now, they need Howard, and if he's willing to go on a year by year basis with contracts with no NTCs attached, fine by me. Bernier can't handle the load on his own, and no prospects can step up. Mrazek and Coreau were the best the Wings had under Howard and they're both long gone. Left a void.

36 minutes ago, chaps80 said:

Did Holland recieve any interest or offers for Howard from any teams? Don't recall hearing anything. He may have kept it quiet because he was planning to re-sign him anyways. Right now, they need Howard, and if he's willing to go on a year by year basis with contracts with no NTCs attached, fine by me. Bernier can't handle the load on his own, and no prospects can step up. Mrazek and Coreau were the best the Wings had under Howard and they're both long gone. Left a void.

Coreau? Pffft. Stinky.

I don't know what Holland received for offers for Howard. If any.  I just think Calgary should have done something about their goaltending. And Howard could have gone there as a rental and still returned to the Wings July 1st. 

4 hours ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Coreau? Pffft. Stinky.

I don't know what Holland received for offers for Howard. If any.  I just think Calgary should have done something about their goaltending. And Howard could have gone there as a rental and still returned to the Wings July 1st. 

Yeah, Coreau wasn't an NHL goalie, really. Surprised Anaheim threw him a bone in the offseason. He could have been a good one with his size, but he played like he was 5'9.

Howard could have left and returned, yes. Maybe Holland did get offers and asked him what he wanted to do, because he wanted to extend him, and he said i'll stay put.