• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Dabura

2019 Offseason Rebuild Thread, Pt. 2 - What's the Yzerplan?

Rate this topic

April 16th: Tampa is swept by CBJ
April 17th: Press conference, Holland steps down as Red Wing GM, Yzerman announced as new GM
June 1st: Press conference, Ken Holland is introduced by Dave Tippett as the first GM of the new Seattle franchise
June 21st: Pending RFA Brayden Point is traded to Detroit in exchange for Andreas Athanasiou, Jacob De La Rose, and a 2nd round pick in 2019
June 24th: Brayden Point inks a 2 years $6 million AAV contract with the Detroit Red Wings
June 25th: Both Nielsen and Daley are bought out of the remainder of their contracts by the Red Wings
July 1st: Val Filppula inks a 2 year contract with the Detroit Red Wings worth $1.75 million AAV
July 9th: Jacob Trouba accepts an offer sheet from the Detroit Red Wings worth $8 million AAV for 7 years
July 15th: The Winnipeg Jets match the Red Wings offer sheet and retain the services of Jacob Trouba

Day 1 of 2019/20 hockey in Detroit looks something like this:

Bertuzzi - Larkin - Mantha
Hirose - Point - Abdelkader
Helm - Filppula - Zadina
Ehn - Glendening - Rasmussen
Svechnikov/Frk/Kuffner

Dekeyser - Green
Ericsson - Hronek
Witkowski - Bowey
Sulak/Cholowski

Howard
Bernier

Larkin is given the C, Abdelkader and Dekeyser acts as A's, for the first time in history the Detroit Red Wings field a leadership group of entirely Michigan natives.

The forward group clicks and our goals for per game climbs to 3.1 with a PP% hovering around 20%

Despite Hronek having a breakout 45 point season, our goals against remains at about 3. Injuries to Howard and average play by Bernier can't bail the defense out.

We miss the playoffs and end up picking at #9 overall the next season

Edited by ChristopherReevesLegs

7 minutes ago, chaps80 said:

Trade Mantha, not AA. Filppula lol, if Holland is gone, how would that happen? That's a pure Holland move.

Yzerman has history with Filppula too

Yzerman sends a 2nd rounder to Holland the following year to select Helm in the NHL expansion draft

Edited by ChristopherReevesLegs

10 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Yzerman has history with Filppula too

Yzerman sends a 2nd rounder to Holland the following year to select Helm in the NHL expansion draft

That is true.

Now were talkin.

49 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

April 17th: Press conference, Holland steps down as Red Wing GM, Yzerman announced as new GM
June 1st: Press conference, Ken Holland is introduced by Dave Tippett as the first GM of the new Seattle franchise
June 21st: Pending RFA Brayden Point is traded to Detroit in exchange for Andreas Athanasiou, Jacob De La Rose, and a 2nd round pick in 2019
June 24th: Brayden Point inks a 2 years $6 million AAV contract with the Detroit Red Wings
June 25th: Both Nielsen and Daley are bought out of the remainder of their contracts by the Red Wings
July 1st: Val Filppula inks a 2 year contract with the Detroit Red Wings worth $1.75 million AAV
July 9th: Jacob Trouba accepts an offer sheet from the Detroit Red Wings worth $8 million AAV for 7 years
July 15th: The Winnipeg Jets match the Red Wings offer sheet and retain the services of Jacob Trouba

Helm - Filppula - Zadina
Svechnikov/Frk/Kuffner

Dekeyser - Green
Ericsson - Hronek
Witkowski - Bowey
Sulak/Cholowski

Howard
Bernier

Larkin is given the C, Abdelkader and Dekeyser acts as A's, for the first time in history the Detroit Red Wings field a leadership group of entirely Michigan natives.

The forward group clicks and our goals for per game climbs to 3.1 with a PP% hovering around 20%

Despite Hronek having a breakout 45 point season, our goals against remains at about 3. Injuries to Howard and average play by Bernier can't bail the defense out.

Trade a 55 pts, 30 goal scorer entering his prime?  Please

I'm much more excited about the "Official 2020 Offseason Rebuild Thread", but here goes...

Steve Yzerman becomes General Manager
Ken Holland becomes President of Hockey Ops.

Trade:

CAR: Evgeny Svechnikov, 2019 2nd round pick (SJS)
DET: Adam Fox

Draft:

Dylan Cozens 6th overall
Brett Leason 35th overall.

Signed:

Joe Veleno - 3 years, $925K AAV (ELC)
Dylan Cozens - 3 years, $925K AAV (ELC)
Martin Frk - 1 year, $950K
Luke Witkowski - 2 years, $800K AAV
Dominic Turgeon - 2 years, $750K AAV
Axel Holmstrom - 2 years, $700K AAV
Libor Sulak - 2 years, $750K AAV
Joe Hicketts - 2 years, $750K AAV
Jake Chelios - 2 years, $700K AAV
Dylan McIlrath - 2 years, $700K AAV
Patrik Rybar - 1 year, $950K

Unsigned:

Wade Megan
Dylan Sadowy
Harri Sateri

Retired:

Niklas Kronwall
Thomas Vanek

Bought Out:

Trevor Daley (2019-20 cap hit - $1,699,999 / 2020-21 cap hit - $733,333)

Waived:

Jacob de la Rose

Red Wings Lineup:

Tyler Bertuzzi - Dylan Larkin - Anthony Mantha
Taro Hirose - Andreas Athanasiou - Filip Zadina
Christoffer Ehn - Frans Nielsen - Darren Helm
Justin Abdelkader - Dominic Turgeon - Luke Glendening
Martin Frk / Luke Witkowski

Danny DeKeyser - Mike Green
Jonathan Ericsson - Filip Hronek
Dennis Cholowski - Madison Bowey
Joe Hicketts

Jimmy Howard
Jonathan Bernier

Griffins Lineup:

Michael Rasmussen - Joe Veleno - Chris Terry
Matt Puempel - Carter Camper - Ryan Kuffner
Turner Elson - Axel Holmstrom - Givani Smith
David Pope - Chase Pearson - Matthew Ford
Colin Campbell / Dominic Shine

Brian Lashoff - Adam Fox
Libor Sulak - Vili Saarijarvi
Jake Chelios - Dylan McIlrath
Trevor Hamilton

Patrik Rybar
Filip Larsson

9 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Helm - Filppula - Zadina
Svechnikov/Frk/Kuffner

Dekeyser - Green
Ericsson - Hronek
Witkowski - Bowey
Sulak/Cholowski

Howard
Bernier

Abdelkader on a higher line than Zadina?  I think not.  That defense, BTW, would be the slowest in the history of the NHL.  

Holland sticks around. Illitch Jr is too busy sucking the cheese out of his crust to give AF

Yzerman gets mad and goes to NYR

Wings draft Mathew Boldy

Holland overpays for Jake Gardiner and Jordan Eberle

Kronwall and Vanek come back for one more season

Zadina, Rasmussen, Svechnikov, and Cholowski start the year in GRs and they have a good team. 

Hirose - AA - Eberle

Vanek - Nielsen - Helm

Ehn - Glendenning  - Abdlekader

DLR

DeKeyser Gardiner

Kronwall Green

Ericsson Hronek

Daley

Witkowski

Howard/Bernier

Edit: forgot David Bowie. I dunno, f*** it. Green's thing comes back and he misses most of the season. Then there's a spot for him on D. 

Edited by The 91 of Ryans

Wouldnt buy out anyone this summer. Daley only has a year left. No reason to. Had a down season for sure, but may bounce back this year and get us a pick back at TDL. Abby, Helm, and Nielsen all have too many years left to consider it yet.

Yzerman returns in some capacity. Holland sticks around for at least another year. 

Not looking to make any trades necessarily. But if I did, it would be to bolster the blue line. I think AA would get u more back now and I think Mantha will eventually be the more valuable player. Larkin, Bert and Zadina are off limits. I would consider trading Moose tho.

Offer sheet route would be a mistake. I think Trouba could be acquired thru a trade.

NO UFA SIGNINGS!!!! No Kronwall. No Vanek. No Karlsson. Maybe Wit.

29 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Wouldnt buy out anyone this summer. Daley only has a year left. No reason to. Had a down season for sure, but may bounce back this year and get us a pick back at TDL. Abby, Helm, and Nielsen all have too many years left to consider it yet.

Yzerman returns in some capacity. Holland sticks around for at least another year. 

Not looking to make any trades necessarily. But if I did, it would be to bolster the blue line. I think AA would get u more back now and I think Mantha will eventually be the more valuable player. Larkin, Bert and Zadina are off limits. I would consider trading Moose tho.

Offer sheet route would be a mistake. I think Trouba could be acquired thru a trade.

NO UFA SIGNINGS!!!! No Kronwall. No Vanek. No Karlsson. Maybe Wit.

Completely agree with everything here, except the buy-out part. I agree that any of the guys with two or more years left would be a mistake, but Daley or Ericsson, with only one year remaining, wouldn't cost much at all short-term or long-term. It's not about saving cap space, because we should have plenty over the next two seasons, but we need roster spots freed up on the back end sooner than later. If we could trade one of them, retaining salary, even better. But if not, I'd be totally fine with a buy-out on one of them (preferably Daley). We currently have Green, DeKeyser, Daley, Ericsson and maybe Kronwall. In my opinion, Hronek, Cholowski, Bowey all need full time spots in the lineup, and I'd really take a run at Adam Fox as well.

1 minute ago, krsmith17 said:

Completely agree with everything here, except the buy-out part. I agree that any of the guys with two or more years left would be a mistake, but Daley or Ericsson, with only one year remaining, wouldn't cost much at all short-term or long-term. It's not about saving cap space, because we should have plenty over the next two seasons, but we need roster spots freed up on the back end sooner than later. If we could trade one of them, retaining salary, even better. But if not, I'd be totally fine with a buy-out on one of them (preferably Daley). We currently have Green, DeKeyser, Daley, Ericsson and maybe Kronwall. In my opinion, Hronek, Cholowski, Bowey all need full time spots in the lineup, and I'd really take a run at Adam Fox as well.

Plus, gotta make room for Gardiner. 

1 hour ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Holland sticks around. Illitch Jr is too busy sucking the cheese out of his crust to give AF

Wings draft Mathew Boldy

Zadina, Rasmussen, Svechnikov, and Cholowski start the year in GRs and they have a good team. 

18 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Plus, gotta make room for Gardiner. 

Get the f*** outta here with all that negative s***...

13 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Get the f*** outta here with all that negative s***...

Oh you don't want to see me really being negative :lol:

Also, I thought it was obvious I was trying to trigger the susceptible.  

But you know about half of what I said is coming true. Here, I'll bold: 

1 hour ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Wings draft Mathew Boldy

Edited by The 91 of Ryans

9 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Oh you don't want to see me really being negative :lol:

Also, I thought it was obvious I was trying to trigger the susceptible.  

But you know about half of what I said is coming true. Here, I'll bold: 

Yeah, pretty much. Except for Zadina. I think he'll start the season in Detroit.

2 hours ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Wings draft Mathew Boldy

Hirose - AA - Eberle

Vanek - Nielsen - Helm

Ehn - Glendenning  - Abdlekader

DLR

DeKeyser Gardiner

Kronwall Green

Ericsson Hronek

Daley

Witkowski

Howard/Bernier

Edit: forgot David Bowie. I dunno, f*** it. Green's thing comes back and he misses most of the season. Then there's a spot for him on D. 

That team could certainly beat the 1993 Senators in a 7 game series.  

2 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Abby's got gumption. Our defense is never gonna be good again.

Has any team had a defense this bad for this long in the modern era? Serious question. 

1 minute ago, GMRwings1983 said:

That team could certainly beat the 1993 Senators in a 7 game series.  

f*** why didn't I just cut/paste the 93 Sens roster. That would have been funnier. 

16 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Has any team had a defense this bad for this long in the modern era? Serious question. 

f*** why didn't I just cut/paste the 93 Sens roster. That would have been funnier. 

For the first time in a long time I'm actually hopeful. Hronek actually had a really good season for a rookie. Cholowski and McIssac could both be studs. This D is gonna be BAD next year thou unless something changes

11 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

The past couple years it's been BAD, but it could / should be much better in the not too distant future...

DeKeyser, Cholowski, Hronek, Lindstrom, McIsaac, Bowey isn't a terrible young corps to build around. Add in a Trouba, Fox or Byram via free agency, trade or draft and we could be looking pretty good in the next few years...