• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Dabura

2019 Offseason Rebuild Thread, Pt. 2 - What's the Yzerplan?

Rate this topic

Just now, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

SHUT UP I FORGOT HIM

Funny that Smitty has kinda become the Rags Witkowski thou

Didn't he punch one of his teammates when he was with the Rangers' AHL team?

Glad to see things have worked out for him, I guess.

Going into the summer we know Tampa will be in Cap Hell and we could possibly take on an old Callahan + picks

But what about the Washington Capitals? They might be in a worse cap situation.

They will enter the summer with a $70 mil cap hit. With the cap going up to $83 mil that will give them roughly $13 million in cap space to make moves.

Here are the big players they have to re-sign:

• Burakovsky - Should command at least $2
  • Connolly - Should command at least $3
  • Vrana - Should command at least $4
  • Djoos - Should command at least $2

I think I'm being very conservative with those numbers too

They will also have around 5 other roster spots (not counting the sports from the players I listed) to fill which should constitute about another $5 mill in player contracts.

So they should have around $8 mill to re-sign those 4 players and I'm guessing at least 1 gets forced out. Could be Connolly because he's the only UFA, the other one I'm guessing it might be is Burakovsky since he had a down year by his standards.

I'm not overly interested in any of them, but maybe Yzerman could make strike a deal for one to ease their cap issues before FA.

1 hour ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Going into the summer we know Tampa will be in Cap Hell and we could possibly take on an old Callahan + picks

But what about the Washington Capitals? They might be in a worse cap situation.

They will enter the summer with a $70 mil cap hit. With the cap going up to $83 mil that will give them roughly $13 million in cap space to make moves.

Here are the big players they have to re-sign:

• Burakovsky - Should command at least $2
  • Connolly - Should command at least $3
  • Vrana - Should command at least $4
  • Djoos - Should command at least $2

I think I'm being very conservative with those numbers too

They will also have around 5 other roster spots (not counting the sports from the players I listed) to fill which should constitute about another $5 mill in player contracts.

So they should have around $8 mill to re-sign those 4 players and I'm guessing at least 1 gets forced out. Could be Connolly because he's the only UFA, the other one I'm guessing it might be is Burakovsky since he had a down year by his standards.

I'm not overly interested in any of them, but maybe Yzerman could make strike a deal for one to ease their cap issues before FA.

I think Connolly could be a good pickup. I don't like that he didn't want to go to the White House; to me, that's not being a true team player. In that regard, I think he's a dingus. But in terms of his actual hockey stuff, he could be a low-risk, high-reward addition. FWIW, Yzerman is the one who drafted him (6th overall). Dunno if that would be a factor for either party. It's possible.

Calgary might be another team worth looking at, as they have a surplus of defensemen and are in need of some scoring punch. Maybe see if we could get one of Rasmus Andersson, Oliver Kylington, Juuso Valimaki without giving up one of our top forwards.

39 minutes ago, Dabura said:

I think Connolly could be a good pickup. I don't like that he didn't want to go to the White House; to me, that's not being a true team player. In that regard, I think he's a dingus. But in terms of his actual hockey stuff, he could be a low-risk, high-reward addition. FWIW, Yzerman is the one who drafted him (6th overall). Dunno if that would be a factor for either party. It's possible.

Calgary might be another team worth looking at, as they have a surplus of defensemen and are in need of some scoring punch. Maybe see if we could get one of Rasmus Andersson, Oliver Kylington, Juuso Valimaki without giving up one of our top forwards.

So Calgary is gonna have roughly $7 million to spend on re-signing Rittich, Bennett, and Tkachuk, assuming that they drop Mike Smith or re-sign him for cheap cheap. That's also assuming they fall back on Rittich and don't go goalie shopping, which would lower that $7 mill.

They might be worse off than the Caps...

I assume Rittich can prolly get at least $2 mill, Bennett $2 mill, and Tkachuk $6 mill.

I honestly don't think they'll trade a young Dman. I think they'll try to off load an older more expensive guy on their D core, or James Neal and give away picks with him. That would free them up to get their young ones under contract and also solidify the net which they really need.

didn't see a 2nd round thread for SJ v. COL, so I will put this here since it has to do with off season stuff.  At first I was not hoping the Sharks advance, but while looking around I was reminded of the Nyquist trade conditions:

Detroit Red Wings Acquire:

Detroit Red Wings

2019 2nd round pick (SJS - #60)
2020 conditional 3rd round pick* (SJS)
*Conditions: The 2020 3rd round pick will upgrade to a 2020 2nd round pick if the Sharks advance to the Stanley Cup Final or if Nyquist re-signs with the Sharks.

So, I now hope that SJ at least makes it to the Finals so we can get the upgraded 2nd rounder! ( I know its a 2020 pick, but didn't want to start a 2020 off season thread yet! :lol: )

1 hour ago, LeftWinger said:

didn't see a 2nd round thread for SJ v. COL, so I will put this here since it has to do with off season stuff.  At first I was not hoping the Sharks advance, but while looking around I was reminded of the Nyquist trade conditions:

So, I now hope that SJ at least makes it to the Finals so we can get the upgraded 2nd rounder! ( I know its a 2020 pick, but didn't want to start a 2020 off season thread yet! :lol: )

Lets go Sharkies, Jumbo needs a cup

Holland is still under contract. If EDM wants him, they need to give us something.

9 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Now that the Isles have swept out, due to lack of veteran leadership, they'll be calling soon for the price of getting Nielsen back.

Wishful thinking. Why would Nielsen want to go there?