• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Dabura

2019 Offseason Rebuild Thread, Pt. 2 - What's the Yzerplan?

Rate this topic

42 minutes ago, kliq said:

He's a huge red flag for me. His stats were very similar to Griess last season, and when two middle of the road goalies all of a sudden have spectacular seasons, makes me thing they are more so products of the system (same thing in Carolina with Mrazek and Mac). Nothing against Lehner, but if he wants big money, I think the team that signs him will regret it.

Not sure how much Lehner is asking, but he said he definitely wants to stay with the Islanders. Maybe not enough to take a paycut.

47 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Not sure how much Lehner is asking, but he said he definitely wants to stay with the Islanders. Maybe not enough to take a paycut.

Sorry man...totally mis read what you wrote. Agree 100%.

14 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

I hope Yzerman doesn't make any major signings this weekend. Stay away from the free agent frenzy. Continue to draft and develop in house.

This is the quietest post-draft period for the Wings in recent memory, so I'm expecting an exceedingly boring July 1 and an exceedingly long, boring summer.

9 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

When we get Lafreniere in a year, you wont be saying that!

That's just the draft though. And I'm excited about all of our picks from the last few drafts. 

When the season end in early April, and all you have to look forward to are two draft days in June and then October 6th? I call that boring. 

I know there’s a lot of athanasiou fans but I wanna personally see us trade him and get us a 1st + for 2020 draft from a gm like Tampa just got from benning lol I don’t care if it’s lottery protected but if it ends up being a 5-6-7-8-9 pick + hopefully our luck finally comes in and we hit one we’d have two top 10 picks in a crazy draft and turn this team around even quicker 

i like athanasiou But I’m just looking ahead long term man right now for the near  future mantha Larkin bertuzzi are the top line outside of that we have 3 spots for a top 6 role with zadina veleno Rasmussen svechnikov berggren .... mastrosimone grewe in possibly 2-3 years , our top pick in 2020 , i just think sooner or later AA gets moved and I’d like to see us get another top 10 pick next year ... I don’t think it would be a popular decision from most wings fans cause they love the guy buy you gotta think the big picture 

think we might have shot right now with oilers , they might think they’d make the playoffs , maybe they would ....Flyers ...Florida are going hardcore so maybe they’d take a chance ? Carolina has two 1sts so maybe they’d trade their own pick , islanders,pens?

i don’t think all those eastern teams i named are getting in so we gotta take a chance and go for the one we think won’t make it 

stars?wild?coyotes? .... all I know is right now as we speak athanasiou is our biggest trade chip and most traceable asset 

6 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

That's just the draft though. And I'm excited about all of our picks from the last few drafts. 

When the season end in early April, and all you have to look forward to are two draft days in June and then October 6th? I call that boring. 

Boring but much needed right now ... devils,rangers,panthers everyone around is getting better and better + leafs,Tampa etc... we have to depend on the draft to turn this s*** around ASAP , more picks the better 

13 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

I know there’s a lot of athanasiou fans but I wanna personally see us trade him and get us a 1st + for 2020 draft from a gm like Tampa just got from benning lol I don’t care if it’s lottery protected but if it ends up being a 5-6-7-8-9 pick + hopefully our luck finally comes in and we hit one we’d have two top 10 picks in a crazy draft and turn this team around even quicker 

i like athanasiou But I’m just looking ahead long term man right now for the near  future mantha Larkin bertuzzi are the top line outside of that we have 3 spots for a top 6 role with zadina veleno Rasmussen svechnikov berggren .... mastrosimone grewe in possibly 2-3 years , our top pick in 2020 , i just think sooner or later AA gets moved and I’d like to see us get another top 10 pick next year ... I don’t think it would be a popular decision from most wings fans cause they love the guy buy you gotta think the big picture 

think we might have shot right now with oilers , they might think they’d make the playoffs , maybe they would ....Flyers ...Florida are going hardcore so maybe they’d take a chance ? Carolina has two 1sts so maybe they’d trade their own pick , islanders,pens?

i don’t think all those eastern teams i named are getting in so we gotta take a chance and go for the one we think won’t make it 

stars?wild?coyotes? .... all I know is right now as we speak athanasiou is our biggest trade chip and most traceable asset 

Boring but much needed right now ... devils,rangers,panthers everyone around is getting better and better + leafs,Tampa etc... we have to depend on the draft to turn this s*** around ASAP , more picks the better 

Larkin too?

10 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Larkin is the future captain 

lindstrom was mentioned and had me wondering if he could actually make the team , he had played with men already ... Stevie’s got a ton of deadweight to move out 

AA scored 54 pts from thr third line last year.  You gotta be on dope to want to trade him.  We have 2 players that can generate offense by themselves.  He's one.

3 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

AA scored 54 pts from thr third line last year.  You gotta be on dope to want to trade him.  We have 2 players that can generate offense by themselves.  He's one.

Yes I’m on dope lmao

you wanna get better as a team you have to trade good assets , trust me when the time comes AA will be the guy moved over mantha,Larkin,Bert,veleno,zadina .... so I’d prepare myself if I were you and don’t get too attached 

sooner rather than later we’ll have a ton of good young kids who will be fighting for top 6 roles he will be gone 1-2 years max 

15 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

The Trouba daily swoon is over, the trade AA nonsense continues. Hope Yzerman signs AA long term.

He is our most dynamic scorer, quite easily the fastest man on the team. Sure he has value, but he is even more valuable to us to keep.  The ONLY way I trade him is if he starts with the holding out/going to Arbitration crap.  Signifying him long term is priority ONE.  If Yzerman was that interested in trading him, we'd have Trouba or another #1 D right now. No question.

2 hours ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

It’s not nonsense cause you don’t want it to happen , he’s easily our most valuable trade  asset , if you can’t see that I don’t know what to tell you

For whatever reason, people interpret things like this as "AA sucks, we need to trade him", 'why are you hating on AA".

I agree that we should be willing to trade AA if the right move comes along, but I wouldn't be trying to move him (not that you said we should). On a re-building team, any player should be up for grabs if it can make you better. The only player I would not move unless someone blew our socks off is Larkin, and that's because he is the future captain and leader of this team.

With that said, I'm also a Raptors fan, and was mad last summer when the raps flipped DeRozan for Leonard, we all know how that turned out.

1 hour ago, kliq said:

For whatever reason, people interpret things like this as "AA sucks, we need to trade him", 'why are you hating on AA".

I agree that we should be willing to trade AA if the right move comes along, but I wouldn't be trying to move him (not that you said we should). On a re-building team, any player should be up for grabs if it can make you better. The only player I would not move unless someone blew our socks off is Larkin, and that's because he is the future captain and leader of this team.

With that said, I'm also a Raptors fan, and was mad last summer when the raps flipped DeRozan for Leonard, we all know how that turned out.

Well for me I wouldn’t trade Larkin bert or mantha over him as I value them more , Larkin is the captain , we don’t have a player like bertuzzi with what he brings and Mantha is like a 6’5 sniper who can skate ... after that zadina veleno etc.. are much younger and the future core 

yes I wouldn’t just give AA away , and 2020 is such a crazy deep draft we can land two top 10 picks we’d be so set up , and it’s like you said I’m not bashing AA I’m not a hater I just know already if he gets 30 goals again he’s gonna demand 7-8 per and he’ll be a headache and we have a ton of great kids coming , i know it’s a scrimmage 3 on 3 game but guys like jack adams are showing as well that we shouldn’t write them off 

AA is the most tradeable chip with high value that we have , sometimes you gotta have a bigger picture and look into the future as hard as it is , i was pissed as well with derozan thinking kahwi would just leave after a year , nobody could have predicted an nba title run 

54 minutes ago, MileHighWingsGuy said:

There’s enough trash on this team to move, Yzerman needs to address the crap before worrying about one of the only guys worth watching on a nightly basis.

31 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Trash isn’t a valuable trade asset 

Much of the bloat should be gone by this time next year. And we might have something vaguely resembling a bona fide young core at that point, maybe even Lafreniere. Until then? Do (mostly) nothing.

Edited by Dabura

6 minutes ago, Dabura said:

Much of the bloat should be gone by this time next year. And we might have something vaguely resembling a bona fide young core at that point, maybe even Lafreniere. Until then? Do (mostly) nothing.

Well if we get lafreniere or another top stud then ppl should prepare themselves for the likely possibility he’s dealt sooner rather than later  that’s all I’m saying, numbers don’t add up unless you wanna trade a veleno,berggren,zadina etc... and I got no interest in doing so 

1 hour ago, MileHighWingsGuy said:

There’s enough trash on this team to move, Yzerman needs to address the crap before worrying about one of the only guys worth watching on a nightly basis.

You're not seeing the point, trading AA is not about "trading trash", its about utilizing a valuable asset in order to acquire asset that to the Wings is more valuable.  If Bertuzzi or Mantha were able to bring in a haul or a top 2 D-man, I'd trade them as well, but they dont have the value of AA. If anything, this is giving credit to AA.

You're making its sound as if trading AA and "not trading trash" are mutually exclusive. Yzerman is capable of making multiple moves. OF COURSE if a team offered us a top D-man for Abby or Helm, or Nielsen etc. everyone would jump on that, but those guys are not bringing in a damn thing. If we want to trade for building blocks  to strengthen our team, we may have to trade guys like Mantha, AA etc. It does not mean they are bad, it does not mean I even want to trade them, but a good GM is always looking to improve their team, and if a guy like AA can do that via trade, it is what it is.