• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Dabura

2019 Offseason Rebuild Thread, Pt. 2 - What's the Yzerplan?

Rate this topic

1 hour ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

No need to explain anything cause I’m good , I’m looking ahead and nowt living in the now, we got a ton of kids coming and fighting for top 6 spots really soon if you cant see AA will likely be a prime target to be moved cause of his worth that’s not my fault 

lets agree to disagree on this one 

Yah, and youll be the same guy saying the kids should be ripening in juniors and ahl.  And once aa is traded, your master plan of bringing back nyquist so your screen name wont be bogus will be complete.  We are all onto you!

42 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

What's a better bet? Athanasiou continues his upward trajectory for the next several seasons? Or unknown draft pick, maybe in the top 10-15, is one day better than Athanasiou? I'll take the former... I'm sure you'll take the latter, because "you like to take risks"...

That’s where your gonna go? Cause you would take an 18 yr old zegras to grow with veleno zadina etc... ? Or a caufield?podkolzin?  and next year is going to be much much better ... I guess you and I have a difference of opinion and that’s more than fine ,if you have any other ideas of how to land a top 10 pick in next years draft that doesn’t include giving up mantha or Larkin I’m all ears , but you won’t cause it’s not possible ... was Colorado lucky? f*** yes but that’s the type of s*** you gotta try and project and yes get lucky as well , and now they have byram and laughing their f***en asses off 

again that’s fine we don’t share the same thoughts and for all the people thinking I’m hating on AA I’m not I’m just trying to get the bigger picture in my head with all the kids we’re gonna have coming up real soon and where all the pieces will fit and they don’t add up ( veleno,berggren,zadina,#1 2020 pick ,hirose,svechnikov other players who might make it that I didn’t even list ) and I think AA will be the odd man out ... I could be 100% wrong but this is my opinion , nobody shares the same thoughts and that’s fine , again my opinion

30 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Yah, and youll be the same guy saying the kids should be ripening in juniors and ahl.  And once aa is traded, your master plan of bringing back nyquist so your screen name wont be bogus will be complete.  We are all onto you!

They should be developing in the ahl and juniors , not “overripe” though ... like I can see veleno starting down and coming in a year , zadina this year will start up .... just cause we’re rebuilding doesn’t mean we should rush everyone a year after they’re drafted either

haha Na Nyquist is long and gone , tried changing my nick but couldn’t figure it out and gave up 

1 minute ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

I don’t know how this is going to work with us having Bernier x2 for like 3 per But redwings are getting pickard to compete with Bernier for the back up role 

Depth signing. He'll probably be down in GR with Larsson.

3 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Most likely , unless we can find a taker for bernier but at 3 per (god knows why he got that much) I highly doubt it 

Could also be a move for when we, maybe, trade Howard at the deadline. In any case, it doesn't hurt. Pickard has good AHL numbers, won a Calder Cup.

they won't be moved at the deadline. we'll have the crappiest D in the NHL again, nobody will want them. but hey, we're getting an AHL goalie. That'll make us more competitive. keeping the D we had last year gives zero room for young players or heaven forbid a UFA who's better than our D. 

Dekeyser  - Green

Ericsson - Daley

Kronwall - Who cares.

Toledo has a better D than that. ugh....

couple that with the worst starting goalie in hockey, we're in for a fun season to watch, only to get f***ed out of a lottery win again.

Edited by LeftWinger

8 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

they won't be moved at the deadline. we'll have the crappiest D in the NHL again, nobody will want them. but hey, we're getting an AHL goalie. That'll make us more competitive. keeping the D we had last year gives zero room for young players or heaven forbid a UFA who's better than our D. 

Dekeyser  - Green

Ericsson - Daley

Kronwall - Who cares.

Toledo has a better D than that. ugh....

couple that with the worst starting goalie in hockey, we're in for a fun season to watch, only to get f***ed out of a lottery win again.

Are you gonna be like this for the next 24 hours? :lol:

I kid. Have at it. Unleash the beast. 

1 hour ago, LeftWinger said:

so, buyout period is over and we still have Ericsson and Daley.

Why would we buy them out, add a year to the cap, and receive nothing back, when we can trade them for a pick at the TDL?

1 hour ago, TLGTrico said:

Pretty sure he was qualified

Khan reporting he will return to Europe anyway.

Pickard is a GR signing. They want a vet with Larsson. Not too bad, Pickard is probs a career AHL journeymen who's still pretty young.

I don't at all think that this is an indicator that they are trading Jimmy. Pickard/Larsson will be a thing for the next two seasons in GR. If Bernier slides at all or someone gets hurt and Larsson isn't ready, Pickard can step in. Pure depth signing. Howard is still the only decent goalie in our system, besides hopefully Larsson soon.

Edited by ChristopherReevesLegs

7 hours ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

That’s where your gonna go? Cause you would take an 18 yr old zegras to grow with veleno zadina etc... ? Or a caufield?podkolzin?  and next year is going to be much much better ... I guess you and I have a difference of opinion and that’s more than fine ,if you have any other ideas of how to land a top 10 pick in next years draft that doesn’t include giving up mantha or Larkin I’m all ears , but you won’t cause it’s not possible ... was Colorado lucky? f*** yes but that’s the type of s*** you gotta try and project and yes get lucky as well , and now they have byram and laughing their f***en asses off 

again that’s fine we don’t share the same thoughts and for all the people thinking I’m hating on AA I’m not I’m just trying to get the bigger picture in my head with all the kids we’re gonna have coming up real soon and where all the pieces will fit and they don’t add up ( veleno,berggren,zadina,#1 2020 pick ,hirose,svechnikov other players who might make it that I didn’t even list ) and I think AA will be the odd man out ... I could be 100% wrong but this is my opinion , nobody shares the same thoughts and that’s fine , again my opinion

The problem is that you want to trade AA for a fantasy. You hope that all these other kids will make AA expendable; you hope we'd get a high first; you hope we'd take a kid you like with that pick; you hope that kid will become something good. It's like selling your house for slot machine credits. Maybe you'll win the jackpot, and it'd be awesome if you did, but most likely you're just going to spend a bunch of time pushing buttons and end up a little worse off than you were before.

You can't live in the future. At some point you have to start doing something with what you have. There isn't going to be one magical draft that will fill every hole on the roster over night, especially if you keep creating more. It's loser hockey. It's perpetual rebuilding. Today it's AA, tomorrow it's Mantha/Bert, and before you know it it's the kid you're hoping to get with the pick from AA. I know you'll say "after next year" is when everything will come together, but I bet by this time next year you'll be salivating over who we might get in the 2021 draft.

Yes, Colorado was very lucky both to get a monster return for Duchene, and have the 1st rounder end up being 4th...and even with that much luck they still need Byram to actually deliver on his potential. Then even if he does, and they can call that trade a win, it just puts them in the position of having a pretty stacked defense and no forward depth. In the end, even getting massively lucky, they didn't do much more than trade one hole for another.

3 hours ago, TLGTrico said:

Pretty sure he was qualified

He was, but the following was written by Kahn in an Mlive article, and this signing IMO indicates its true.

https://www.mlive.com/redwings/2019/06/red-wings-goalie-of-the-future-filip-larsson-prepares-for-grand-rapids.html

The Red Wings also are in the market for an experienced goaltender to split the net with prospect Filip Larsson in Grand Rapids. They made a qualifying offer to Patrik Rybar but don’t expect him to return.

On 6/29/2019 at 6:06 AM, krsmith17 said:

What gives you this feeling though? I'd be shocked if any GM's value Athanasiou more than Mantha. Athanasiou had a great year, but Mantha had an ever so slightly better year... He was dominant the last few weeks of the season (our best player, including Larkin), and in the World Championships. I expect a massive year for him this year.

Just read this, and wanted to post. This is an example of why I think there is a perception out there that AA has more value:
https://www.detroitnews.com/picture-gallery/sports/nhl/red-wings/2019/04/30/detroit-news-ranks-top-50-detroit-red-wings-organization-value/3616072002/

They have AA ranked as the number 2 most valuable Red Wing. Just to be clear, I agree with you on your assessment of the two (he and Mantha), I'm just arguing what I think the perception out there is. For whatever reason, Mantha doesn't seem to get the credit he deserves, I think its because he's not as flashy as AA.

5 hours ago, kliq said:

They have AA ranked as the number 2 most valuable Red Wing. Just to be clear, I agree with you on your assessment of the two (he and Mantha), I'm just arguing what I think the perception out there is. For whatever reason, Mantha doesn't seem to get the credit he deserves, I think its because he's not as flashy as AA.

Wouldn't surrprise me at all to learn that some GMs like AA more. I dunno why that would be shocking.

5 hours ago, kliq said:

Just read this, and wanted to post. This is an example of why I think there is a perception out there that AA has more value:
https://www.detroitnews.com/picture-gallery/sports/nhl/red-wings/2019/04/30/detroit-news-ranks-top-50-detroit-red-wings-organization-value/3616072002/

Yeah, there's definitely some people out there that value Athanasiou higher than Mantha, but I'm not going to put a whole lot of stock in one person's opinion. I still think, given the choice, most, if not every GM in the league would choose Mantha over Athanasiou.

This seems like a very bad list by the way. Everyone's list would vary, but a few of his rankings are way off in my opinion... Bertuzzi ahead of Mantha and Hronek. DeKeyser ahead of Cholowski and Rasmussen. Veleno way down at 11. McIsaac as 21. Larsson at 26... etc, etc...

6 minutes ago, Dabura said:

Wouldn't surrprise me at all to learn that some GMs like AA more. I dunno why that would be shocking.

Some GM's sure. I'd still bet on Mantha being valued higher by most though...

7 hours ago, Buppy said:

The problem is that you want to trade AA for a fantasy. You hope that all these other kids will make AA expendable; you hope we'd get a high first; you hope we'd take a kid you like with that pick; you hope that kid will become something good. It's like selling your house for slot machine credits. Maybe you'll win the jackpot, and it'd be awesome if you did, but most likely you're just going to spend a bunch of time pushing buttons and end up a little worse off than you were before.

You can't live in the future. At some point you have to start doing something with what you have. There isn't going to be one magical draft that will fill every hole on the roster over night, especially if you keep creating more. It's loser hockey. It's perpetual rebuilding. Today it's AA, tomorrow it's Mantha/Bert, and before you know it it's the kid you're hoping to get with the pick from AA. I know you'll say "after next year" is when everything will come together, but I bet by this time next year you'll be salivating over who we might get in the 2021 draft.

Yes, Colorado was very lucky both to get a monster return for Duchene, and have the 1st rounder end up being 4th...and even with that much luck they still need Byram to actually deliver on his potential. Then even if he does, and they can call that trade a win, it just puts them in the position of having a pretty stacked defense and no forward depth. In the end, even getting massively lucky, they didn't do much more than trade one hole for another.

Fantasies lmao I’m not the one fantasizing AA to be a 30 goal -70-80 pt guy automatically every year now after one solid season , I hope he becomes one but who’s to say he doesn’t step back and goes back to just being a 40-45 pt guy , you Ever heard of striking when the irons hot? You don’t move out players expecting good returns back when the productions low 

I’m well aware not all of our kids will hit, I think everyone will agree at this point the mantha Larkin bertuzzi line stays and remains untouched ... I’d be willing to bet money out of zadina,veleno,2020 1st,berggren ,svechnikov,hirose,Rasmussen, mastrosimone few years from now .... out of all those guys we’ll find 3 guys to jump into the top 6 role 

looking into the future that way AA likely will become expendable unless his production lowers and he becomes a third liner , which is why I’d take a shot and try and land that top 10 pick , which teams won’t trade away on deadline day ... anyways I’m just talking cause it wont happen either way, not cause AA is this superstar but because teams won’t trade a top pick for a guy with one good season no matter how badly some of you think how good he is or will be so there’s no point talking about it

and nobody ever talked about trading mantha or bertuzzi so I don’t know why you’d bring them up into this .... ya I’ll be salivating for a top pick in 2021 ,2022,2023 while you’ll be getting your hopes up every year thinking this will be the year we get in and get eliminated in 4 games .... wanna be a contender you gotta rebuild properly , I’m sure if it was up to you we’d be signing a few guys just to get in the playoffs this year and have a quick exit 

Lmao don’t worry about colorado’s Forward depth worry about your own team , avalanche is more than f***en Fine .... Anyways I’m done here you  wanna keep AA around that’s more than fine , I’d just be willing to trade him if it meant improving the team longterm, Don’t agree ... all good 

Edited by nyqvististhefuture

According to Khan, Red Wings are looking for a forward and defenseman today...

I hope that if we are signing anybody today it's just depth signings for 2 years or less, and if we are signing depth guys that it means that 2+ of Kronwall (retiring), Green (still not healthy), Daley / Helm / Nielsen (traded), Ehn / de la Rose (waived) won't be back next season...