• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Dabura

2019 Offseason Rebuild Thread, Pt. 2 - What's the Yzerplan?

Rate this topic

Not a fan of Flip signing. Never much cared for him. Not bad, not great, yielded annoying super fans for no objective reason. Wretched combo. 

1 minute ago, krsmith17 said:

Wow, I didn't realize Filppula is 35 years old... What the f***? 

Yeah. And he was average talent at best when he was young. Glad we get to eek out every bit of mediocrity left. 

Edit: it’s still strange to me when I think Flip is old as f*** at 35 so instinctively and then stop to realize I’m 35. 

Edited by gcom007

Nielsen has to be moved doesn't he? How does it make sense to have two 35 year old 3rd line centers, that virtually play the exact same game for two more seasons, when we have Veleno a year (maybe even sooner) away???

1 minute ago, krsmith17 said:

Nielsen has to be moved doesn't he? How does it make sense to have two 35 year old 3rd line centers, that virtually play the exact same game for two more seasons, when we have Veleno a year (maybe even sooner) away???

Maybe they don't think Veleno is quite that close to making the wings. Also a dedcent chance he starts on the wing before transitioning like Larkin did. Agree it doesn't make much sense to have Filp and Neilsen though. 

2 minutes ago, amato said:

Maybe they don't think Veleno is quite that close to making the wings. Also a dedcent chance he starts on the wing before transitioning like Larkin did. Agree it doesn't make much sense to have Filp and Neilsen though. 

I think that would be a poor assessment on their part. He looked close a year ago, and I assume he will be that much closer this year. I'd be shocked if he isn't up full time by the beginning of next season... You could be right on him starting on the wing, but I think that was more necessary with Larkin because he was playing on the top line. I assume when Veleno makes the team, he will be playing on the 3rd line, 2nd line at best, and could potentially play the center role right out of the gate...

6 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Lmfao 

How old did you think he was Hahaha , Age  catches us all in the end 

I don't know. I guess I didn't really think about it, and assumed he was still 27... Haha nah, I would have guessed 32 without giving it too much thought...

2 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

I think that would be a poor assessment on their part. He looked close a year ago, and I assume he will be that much closer this year. I'd be shocked if he isn't up full time by the beginning of next season... You could be right on him starting on the wing, but I think that was more necessary with Larkin because he was playing on the top line. I assume when Veleno makes the team, he will be playing on the 3rd line, 2nd line at best, and could potentially play the center role right out of the gate...

I don't know. I guess I didn't really think about it, and assumed he was still 27... Haha nah, I would have guessed 32 without giving it too much thought...

I agree he sure seems closer. Just trying to make sense of it all. If the filp deal is low enough aav then it doesn't really matter anyway though I guess. 

2 minutes ago, amato said:

I agree he sure seems closer. Just trying to make sense of it all. If the filp deal is low enough aav then it doesn't really matter anyway though I guess. 

I hope these two signings mean Nielsen and Daley are on their way out...

Nielsen to NYI for a mid round pick. Daley to Dallas for a mid round pick.

2 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

I don't think I know what the Yzerplan is. Confused by today so far. Are they finished? 

Same. Unless there are more moves in the way of trades coming... Let's hope.

$3M AAV x 2 years for Fil. Not bad. Now move Nielsen...

2 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

I hope these two signings mean Nielsen and Daley are on their way out...

Nielsen to NYI for a mid round pick. Daley to Dallas for a mid round pick.

Hopefully. I won't hold my breath... 

5 minutes ago, kliq said:

Can you imagine the anger if Holland made these moves today.

I don’t think it’s an end of the world signing at that term and price by any means, but seems dumb to me. I don’t care who made the call.