• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Dabura

2019 Offseason Rebuild Thread, Pt. 2 - What's the Yzerplan?

Rate this topic

Instead of using that extra cap space we had to take in a bad contract or two and land extra assets we’ve tied ourselves up to Nemeth and filppula for two years lol ... amazing 

I hope to god we flip some bodies out , islanders are striking out hardcore today so I’m hoping they’d be inclined to take Nielsen back 

6 minutes ago, kliq said:

Can you imagine the anger if Holland made these moves today.

oh, there's anger. thus far the entire Yzer-plan has been confusing. but since it's not Holland, I guess we'll withhold our outbursts until we see where exactly Steve is headed with this.

3 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

oh, there's anger. thus far the entire Yzer-plan has been confusing. but since it's not Holland, I guess we'll withhold our outbursts until we see where exactly Steve is headed with this.

Yzerman's pretty much doing what he did when he first took over as Tampa's GM. A few cheap veteran signings. Not surprising at all, imo. Probably a minor trade or two before training camp.

10 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

I wanna some deadweight being shipped out

Our only hope is to fleece Holland or maybe Ottawa will bail us out of our s***ty contracts like they seem to be doing for Toronto.

Edited by Larkness Monster
I frigged up

3 minutes ago, Larkness Monster said:

Our only hope is to fleece Holland or maybe Ottawa will bail us out of our s***ty contracts like they seem to be doing for Toronto.

Think Ottawa said there done 

I just can’t believe we had all this cap space and could have had all these picks back for bad contracts and we end up with this ?

hopefully some trash gets moved ASAP , think nielsen makes sense to be moved 

1 minute ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Think Ottawa said there done 

I just can’t believe we had all this cap space and could have had all these picks back for bad contracts and we end up with this ?

hopefully some trash gets moved ASAP , think nielsen makes sense to be moved 

Can't get picks back if no one is willing to give up picks. 

26 minutes ago, gcom007 said:

I don’t think it’s an end of the world signing at that term and price by any means, but seems dumb to me. I don’t care who made the call. 

Maybe you don't, but that doesnt mean the tone around here wouldn't be different if it was Holland. To me the moves are meh, I dont love them or hate them.

24 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Oh Lefty, we all love you, but you can't tell me that if Holland made these moves that you wouldn't be loosing your s*** right now lol

1 minute ago, kliq said:

Maybe you don't, but that doesnt mean the tone around here wouldn't be different if it was Holland. To me the moves are meh, I dont love them or hate them.

Oh yeah, I mean, if Holland made the move, it’d be thermonuclear around here. 

3 minutes ago, gcom007 said:

Oh yeah, I mean, if Holland made the move, it’d be thermonuclear around here. 

Absolutely...  these signings are horrific.  

Can't blame Yzerman for trades that aren't made because he doesn't fully control those moves.

But these contracts are awful... and demoralizing to fans who recognize we have a derth of our own mediocre place holder garbage players... who we should be trying to trade or force out we should NOT be adding fuel to the dumpster fire.

25 minutes ago, Dabura said:

Yzerman's pretty much doing what he did when he first took over as Tampa's GM. A few cheap veteran signings. Not surprising at all, imo. Probably a minor trade or two before training camp.

Was gonna say this.

Step 1: Acquire Roloson (Pickard)
Step 2: Acquire Sustr (Nemeth)
Step 3: Acquire Filppula

Step 4: Get swept in the first round

2 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

I find it hard to believe we couldn’t of been in on the marleau deal instead of Carolina , too late now 

Yeah. That's about the only one though. I just think there weren't as many teams desperate to get out of bad contracts enough to trade draft picks as we were hoping. I'm with you, I wish we made these deals. I just don't think there were many of them to go around. 

Just now, amato said:

Yeah. That's about the only one though. I just think there weren't as many teams desperate to get out of bad contracts enough to trade draft picks as we were hoping. I'm with you, I wish we made these deals. I just don't think there were many of them to go around. 

Disappointing man with all that cap space and we end up with fil and Nemeth lol I hope we dump some guys 

1 minute ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Was gonna say this.

Step 1: Acquire Roloson (Pickard)
Step 2: Acquire Sustr (Nemeth)
Step 3: Acquire Filppula

Step 4: Get swept in the first round

Been a while since we've been swept out of the first round. I'm down.

7 minutes ago, gcom007 said:

Maybe the Yzerplan for 2020 is to ride the tank into the sunset one last time?

I unironically believe this to be the case. The man himself has repeatedly said the Wings aren't close to being a really good team.

6 minutes ago, Dabura said:

Been a while since we've been swept out of the first round. I'm down.

I unironically believe this to be the case. The man himself has repeatedly said the Wings aren't close to being a really good team.

Maybe. It sure doesn’t feel like he’s going for it in any way, shape or form. Maybe it’s for the best, but I still think there’s a real good shot of being a fringe playoff team.

So...does Flip still play center? If so, is it safe to assume the AA-at-center experiment is over? Or does Flip move to the wing? Or do we treat AA and Flip as neither firmly center nor firmly winger? Is Nielsen our 2C or our 3C?