• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Dabura

2019 Offseason Rebuild Thread, Pt. 2 - What's the Yzerplan?

Rate this topic

On 6/25/2019 at 6:37 PM, krsmith17 said:

Marner would have to sign the offer sheet. I doubt he would. And Toronto would have to not match. They most definitely would.

The only purpose offer sheeting Marner would serve us right now, is potentially f***ing the Leafs over... But with Mantha, Athanasiou, Bertuzzi, etc. upcoming RFA's, I wouldn't do it. What goes around, comes around...

I agree it would be very doubtful that Toronto wouldn't match but I disagree with your second statement. Our team gets significantly better with a guy like Marner on the team. Also, after next summer, there's a lot more flexibility with the roster and I agree to lock up the young guys you mentioned is important, none of them are close to the talent level that Marner has.

3 minutes ago, gcom007 said:

Maybe. It sure doesn’t feel like he’s going for it in any way, shape or form. Maybe it’s for the best, but I still think there’s a real good shot of being a fringe playoff team.

1 minute ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

If he's gonna tank this team for picks, now is really the only time he'll have the mandate to do that

Screen-Shot-2018-04-17-at-8.35.38-AM.png

I mean, we're gonna "try real hard" and all that good stuff. But, yeah. This team is bad and everyone knows it and there's nothing Yzerman can do to truly change that at the present moment.

I wouldn't rule out a postseason berth tho. This frking league is nutty enough that it's entirely possible we get monster seasons from two or three young guys and that's all we need to squeak into the playoffs (and get stomped by a Florida team).

10 minutes ago, Dabura said:

I mean, we're gonna "try real hard" and all that good stuff. But, yeah. This team is bad and everyone knows it and there's nothing Yzerman can do to truly change that at the present moment.

I wouldn't rule out a postseason berth tho. This frking league is nutty enough that it's entirely possible we get monster seasons from two or three young guys and that's all we need to squeak into the playoffs (and get stomped by a Florida team).

Yeah, I think we definitely stand a good chance of getting in if too many guys don’t regress this year, but obviously the D needs a lot of work and we don’t have a playoff goalie who can turn it on and steal a series for us. Maybe for the best to let the kids keep getting experience and shoot for one more top draft pick. 

2 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

This is uninspiring.

Canadiens just offersheeted Aho.  5 x 8.45 per.

Still good to see a team with balls send a offer to a RFA of high value. Doesn't happen often. I'd like to see it happen more, force the other teams hand for a change.

6 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Are there any two players in the league more similar than Nielsen and Filppula? Serious question. I really don't think there are...

It's why I use "Nielsen/Filppula" as a realistic projection for Veleno.

In any case, I'm ok with having both players on the team.

32 minutes ago, gcom007 said:

Yeah, I think we definitely stand a good chance of getting in if too many guys don’t regress this year, but obviously the D needs a lot of work and we don’t have a playoff goalie who can turn it on and steal a series for us. Maybe for the best to let the kids keep getting experience and shoot for one more top draft pick. 

I see Hronek as the big x factor. If he's truly a 23-points-in-46-games player right now (i.e. 40+ points in a full season), that could be huge.

14 minutes ago, TLGTrico said:

Ken Holland and Tomas Jurco have been reunited in Edmonton.

Classic redemption arch starts now.

Edited by Dabura

19 minutes ago, Dabura said:

It's why I use "Nielsen/Filppula" as a realistic projection for Veleno.

In any case, I'm ok with having both players on the team.

I think Veleno's ceiling is higher. I honestly believe that Veleno could be as good as Larkin (or close to it) in a few years... I see a 40-50 point floor / 70-80 point ceiling for Veleno. He probably ends up somewhere in between, hopefully closer to the ceiling though...

34 minutes ago, xault said:

Still good to see a team with balls send a offer to a RFA of high value. Doesn't happen often. I'd like to see it happen more, force the other teams hand for a change.

Exactly.  They took their offer right up to a breakpoint.  Smart.

I wonder how our team would look with Cozens, Trouba and Panarin.

I think we are a playoff team.  

This offseason has been less than stellar for Stevie Y.

48 minutes ago, TLGTrico said:

Ken Holland and Tomas Jurco have been reunited in Edmonton.

Holland reads this board. All those posts about "Jurco shouldn't be on the fourth line, if he played with a McD center he'd have like 1000 points" he's starting to realize were true. He's studying. Learning. Evolving.

34puzi.jpg

52 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Exactly.  They took their offer right up to a breakpoint.  Smart.

I wonder how our team would look with Cozens, Trouba and Panarin.

I think we are a playoff team.  

This offseason has been less than stellar for Stevie Y.

Panarin was never coming to Detroit. #pleezbaleevit

It seems apparent that they need to deal Nielsen or Helm... Just too many guys who are very similar right now. I'm guessing they don't feel Veleno is ready this season and Rasmussen starts down in GR (which is perfectly fine).

20 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Witkowski signs back with his old team the Lightning.

I actually really hate this one. Coop is gonna play him against us and he's gonna try to make Yzerman pay for ditching him twice now. Just wish it wasn't the lightning really.

Was kind of hoping he'd be re-signed to be honest. Oh well...

1 hour ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

I don't get how Nyquist gets $5.5 for 2 seasons, and Anders Lee gets $7 for 7 seasons.

Both relatively the same age, both about 40 - 60 pt players.

Is Lee really that good away from the puck? Or is Lou panicking?

Goals and size are worth more than assists and smallness. Lee didn't have an amazing season this year, but he's quietly been one of the best goal scorers in the league over the last three. Plus he's their captain. Also Nyquist got 4 years.

36 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Signs three vets we didn't need, seemingly just for the sake of signing them.

Tells Vanek to GTFO, ignores other RWs... says we need a RW

At what point is he going to rip the Wings jersey off to show the Wolfpac jersey underneath? Come to think of it, isn't Hartford the Rangers AHL affiliate? Steve may have landed Trouba and Panarin after all...

7 minutes ago, Buppy said:

Goals and size are worth more than assists and smallness. Lee didn't have an amazing season this year, but he's quietly been one of the best goal scorers in the league over the last three. Plus he's their captain. Also Nyquist got 4 years.

! that makes sense. Didn't realize he was there captain honestly

12 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Just realized Fil and Frans both where #51. Anyone with an old Fil jersey is still irrelevant.

Nielsen will be traded and Filppula will take his old #51 back... wishful thinking...