• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Dabura

2019 Offseason Rebuild Thread, Pt. 2 - What's the Yzerplan?

Rate this topic

3 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:
"Everyone is healthy"

DeKeyser - Green

Nemeth - Hronek

Kronwall - Kaski

Ericsson

Where is Daley? Bowey? I doubt Ericsson is our healthy scratch... I'm okay with Cholowski playing in Grand Rapids IF there are 6 defensemen ahead of him on the depth chart. I just don't like that 5-6 of those defensemen are veterans (27+)...

1 minute ago, krsmith17 said:

Where is Daley? Bowey? I doubt Ericsson is our healthy scratch... I'm okay with Cholowski playing in Grand Rapids IF there are 6 defensemen ahead of him on the depth chart. I just don't like that 5-6 of those defensemen are veterans (27+)...

And with the first  pick of the 2020 draft , the redwings are proud to select Alexis lafreniere

4 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

And with the first  pick of the 2020 draft , the redwings are proud to select Alexis lafreniere

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for ONE more bad season, but I still think the two signings yesterday were unnecessary... unless, like I said, there are more moves (trades) coming, which probably isn't the case...

Daley sits, is waived, whatever.

Bowey can sit/play in GRs, whatever. Or Kaski does this. 

I don't know. 

Yzerman and Verbeek have a pretty good track record of evaluating, signing, and trading for defensemen. I figure they want to start driving this team's GAA down and must think he's a defensive upgrade over a few of the bums on this team. 

16 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for ONE more bad season, but I still think the two signings yesterday were unnecessary... unless, like I said, there are more moves (trades) coming, which probably isn't the case...

They were definetly unnecessary and one year too long everyone knows I’m sure by now how I wanted to add guys with one year deals to flip for more 2020 picks , I don’t het these deals 

and looking at the post you put with the d lineup I don’t know how anyone expects us not to be in contention for a lottery pick , that’s easily one of the worst d cores in the league and if that’s yzermans plan behind closed doors to tank on purpose , but not on purpose he’s a genius 

he said when the time comes we’ll move bodies if kids get spots , where we gonna move these bodies ? Some Teams are gonna be in a salary crunch, lineups filled ... now is the time to start moving the trash out when teams have all summer to figure stuff out 

sadly I’m starting to think we won’t be moving Daley etc... any time soon and we’ll have this whole we’ll figure s*** out when players fight it out nonsense 

all I’m hoping for out of next season is a lottery pick and for mike green to finally give us that 1st round pick we’ve been waiting years to get off him

11 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

I don't know. 

Yzerman and Verbeek have a pretty good track record of evaluating, signing, and trading for defensemen. I figure they want to start driving this team's GAA down and must think he's a defensive upgrade over a few of the bums on this team. 

Or maybeeeee they wanna Drive the gaa up or stay the same shorter for the better of the team lol , I don’t know where all this Nemeth is a great player came from , someone pointed out to me his +/- , he had one season of +27 when mackinnon and rantanen etc... blew up besides that meh 

it’s obvious our d is horrible and it’s going to be a long season but this should be the last season is truly this horrendous for a while , hopefully at least 

1 minute ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

They were definetly unnecessary and one year too long everyone knows I’m sure by now how I wanted to add guys with one year deals to flip for more 2020 picks , I don’t het these deals 

and looking at the post you put with the d lineup I don’t know how anyone expects us not to be in contention for a lottery pick , that’s easily one of the worst d cores in the league and if that’s yzermans plan behind closed doors to tank on purpose , but not on purpose he’s a genius 

he said when the time comes we’ll move bodies if kids get spots , where we gonna move these bodies ? Some Teams are gonna be in a salary crunch, lineups filled ... now is the time to start moving the trash out when teams have all summer to figure stuff out 

sadly I’m starting to think we won’t be moving Daley etc... any time soon and we’ll have this whole we’ll figure s*** out when players fight it out nonsense 

all I’m hoping for out of next season is a lottery pick and for mike green to finally give us that 1st round pick we’ve been waiting years to get off him

In one year Daley and Ericsson will be gone. Kronwall will be retired. Green, if healthy, can be traded this season at the deadline and if he's not healthy he can go on LTIR. 

Next year's D currently looks like this

DeKeyser - Hronek

Nemeth - ??

?? - ??

??

If management really liked the player then a two year deal makes a ton of sense. 

15 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

I don't know. 

Yes, but the bums on this team are for the most part the old guys, not the young guys. Whatever though. If Cholowski spends another season in GR, getting huge minutes, it's not going to be the worst thing for his development. I guess we can chalk this up to another lost season, which again, is probably the best thing long term.

I don't hate either of the signings, but just think they were a little unnecessary with the current state of this team...

In one year Daley and Ericsson will be gone. Kronwall will be retired. Green, if healthy, can be traded this season at the deadline and if he's not healthy he can go on LTIR. 

DeKeyser - Hronek

Nemeth - ??

?? - ??

??

If management really liked the player then a two year deal makes a ton of sense. 

IF management really liked the player, I think we have bigger issues here... Nemeth is a decent defensive defenseman, but nothing that can't be acquired via free agency any offseason. He was overpaid in salary and term. If the reason they signed him was because we're losing all these defensemen a year from now, they should have waited a year from now to sign him, or a similar player. This season he just adds to an overcrowded blueline consisting of way too many older defensemen...

9 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

DeKeyser - Hronek

Nemeth - ??

?? - ??

??

Oh after next season our d should look a lot better and younger you would think , I would say cause the 2020 draft is so great this horrible d couldn’t have come at a better time but it was pretty much same thing last few years and we keep picking at 6 lol

Ummm 2020-2021 d core ... maybe something like 

dekeyser hronek 

Nemeth cholowski 

lindstrom 

then all depends if kaski works out , or if seider is ready after one year ,if we sign anyone but we should be better off than 2019-2020 d core 

2 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

IF management really liked the player, I think we have bigger issues here... Nemeth is a decent defensive defenseman, but nothing that can't be acquired via free agency any offseason. He was overpaid in salary and term. If the reason they signed him was because we're losing all these defensemen a year from now, they should have waited a year from now to sign him, or a similar player. This season he just adds to an overcrowded blueline consisting of way too many older defensemen...

Nemeth is 27. Cholowski should play in GRs. And if he does make the team sounds like Yzerman will make it work. Who cares about Daley and Ericsson. They can be dealt with. And if management likes Nemeth more than Bowey I'll trust their judgement. 

I also give zero craps that Nemeth's deal was 1M more than it should have been. It's inconsequential. 

If Holland made these signings I'd stand by them as well. 

13 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Yes, but the bums on this team are for the most part the old guys, not the young guys. Whatever though. If Cholowski spends another season in GR, getting huge minutes, it's not going to be the worst thing for his development. I guess we can chalk this up to another lost season, which again, is probably the best thing long term.

I don't hate either of the signings, but just think they were a little unnecessary with the current state of this team...

Also who are these young guys you refer to? Hronek's going to get big top 4 minutes. Cholowski may play half a year in GRs. Who else? Bowey? If you're getting your back up over Madison feaking Bowey I'm going to disown you. 

8 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

If we end up moving ericsson and Daley for mid picks and we have Nemeth there it’s ok , either way you would hope Nemeth would be moveable after this year with only one year left 

Nemeth is 27. Cholowski should play in GRs. And if he does make the team sounds like Yzerman will make it work. Who cares about Daley and Ericsson. They can be dealt with. And if management likes Nemeth more than Bowey I'll trust their judgement. 

I also give zero craps that Nemeth's deal was 1M more than it should have been. It's inconsequential. 

Also who are these young guys you refer to? Hronek's going to get big top 4 minutes. Cholowski may play half a year in GRs. Who else? Bowey? If you're getting your back up over Madison feaking Bowey I'm going to disown you. 

Ummm from watching the prospect tournament and stuff the announcers brought  up guys like lindstrom who thought we weren’t talking much about as having a chance to make the roster ,he’s been playing with men in the shl and if it weren’t for all these d’s you’d think he would have a shot 

outside him or cholowski or kaski  can’t think of anyone else realistically fighting for a spot 

6 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

If we end up moving ericsson and Daley for mid picks and we have Nemeth there it’s ok , either way you would hope Nemeth would be moveable after this year with only one year left 

Ummm from watching the prospect tournament and stuff the announcers brought  up guys like lindstrom who thought we weren’t talking much about as having a chance to make the roster ,he’s been playing with men in the shl and if it weren’t for all these d’s you’d think he would have a shot 

outside him or cholowski or kaski  can’t think of anyone else realistically fighting for a spot 

Sure. I like Lindstrom. Maybe he makes the team. Maybe he could use a year in GRs

Let's break this down again assuming Kronwall returns:

DeKeyser - Green

Nemeth - Hronek

Kronwall - Battle Royale: Daley vs Ericsson vs Bowey vs Cholowski vs Lindstrom

Have at it boys. 

5 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

It's dumb to assume Cholowski "should play in GR" before training camp / preseason. He was ready last year, before he hit that brick wall midseason. Again, I'm okay with Cholowski playing in GR, but it would suck to see him "earn a spot", but get sent down anyway because there are too many veterans... Maybe things will be different with Yzerman and he will be willing to abolish Daley and Ericsson, but I have my doubts...

You're acting like I'm up in arms about the signing. I'm not at all. Just think it was "unnecessary". I'm not getting my back up over anything. I liked what I seen from Bowey after he got acclimated at the end of the season, and I think he could be a solid bottom pairing defenseman, that can skate well, play physical, and kill penalties. He's also 3 years younger, $2M cheaper, and better offensively than Nemeth.

It's dumb to assume Cholowski "should play in GR" before training camp / preseason. He was ready last year, before he hit that brick wall midseason. Again, I'm okay with Cholowski playing in GR, but it would suck to see him "earn a spot", but get sent down anyway because there are too many veterans... Maybe things will be different with Yzerman and he will be willing to abolish Daley and Ericsson, but I have my doubts...

You're acting like I'm up in arms about the signing. I'm not at all. Just think it was "unnecessary". I'm not getting my back up over anything. I liked what I seen from Bowey after he got acclimated at the end of the season, and I think he could be a solid bottom pairing defenseman, that can skate well, play physical, and kill penalties. He's also 3 years younger, $2M cheaper, and better offensively than Nemeth.

Then he can fight for one of the spots on the bottom pair with a bunch of other fringe guys,

It sounds like they want Nemeth in the top four to help shelter either Green or Hronek defensively so they can generate more offence. Bowey can't do that. His defensive play makes Nemeth look like Scott Stevens. 

I was initially confused by this signing admittedly because I didn't know much about the player, But after reading some things and watching some stuff it makes more sense. I'm actually looking forward to having some defensive competency in the top four. 

Then he can fight for one of the spots on the bottom pair with a bunch of other fringe guys,

It sounds like they want Nemeth in the top four to help shelter either Green or Hronek defensively so they can generate more offence. Bowey can't do that. His defensive play makes Nemeth look like Scott Stevens. 

I was initially confused by this signing admittedly because I didn't know much about the player, But after reading some things and watching some stuff it makes more sense. I'm actually looking forward to having some defensive competency in the top four. 

I know my last post may have made it seem like it, but I'm not arguing Nemeth vs Bowey. I'm completely okay with the Nemeth signing, as long as one, preferably two of Kronwall, Ericsson, Daley are gone. If all three of those guys are in the lineup, plus DeKeyser and Nemeth, I think it's a terrible signing. 

4 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

I know my last post may have made it seem like it, but I'm not arguing Nemeth vs Bowey. I'm completely okay with the Nemeth signing, as long as one, preferably two of Kronwall, Ericsson, Daley are gone. If all three of those guys are in the lineup, plus DeKeyser and Nemeth, I think it's a terrible signing. 

I think this is a safe bet. 

59 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Sure. I like Lindstrom. Maybe he makes the team. Maybe he could use a year in GRs

Let's break this down again assuming Kronwall returns:

DeKeyser - Green

Nemeth - Hronek

Kronwall - Battle Royale: Daley vs Ericsson vs Bowey vs Cholowski vs Lindstrom

Have at it boys. 

Either way you look at it we’re doomed , I’m sure some will voluntarily suicides rather than going at it lol

4 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

I'm interested in seeing what former Spartan - now Red Wing - Taro Hirose can do with a full season.

Saw him play live last March at the LCA...Gotta say he's really sharp...Could be a 50 plus pts in 82 game season.

I posted somewhere on this board that my buddy who went to development camp thought Hirose, Kuffner, and Veleno looked like clearly the best players. I said to him, "Really, Kuffner too?" He said yup Kuffner was a machine at development camp. Dominated.

So Ivy league boy didn't have the same start our new Spartan did, but maybe he's just as good or possibly even better? Will be interesting to see where both fall in the lineup.

6 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

I posted somewhere on this board that my buddy who went to development camp thought Hirose, Kuffner, and Veleno looked like clearly the best players. I said to him, "Really, Kuffner too?" He said yup Kuffner was a machine at development camp. Dominated.

So Ivy league boy didn't have the same start our new Spartan did, but maybe he's just as good or possibly even better? Will be interesting to see where both fall in the lineup.

Ill wait till kuffner lights it up in Grand Rapids , hope he ends up being good but I think he took advantage being 3-5 years older than some kids who were probably nervous being at their first camps 

when I think of the wings future I don’t see a spot for him ,he’s gotta force his way in 

46 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Them college boys definitely stood out the most in the red and white game, as they should.