• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Dabura

2019 Offseason Rebuild Thread, Pt. 2 - What's the Yzerplan?

Rate this topic

7 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Ok I finally watched this. I see why the Red Wings like Gustav Lindstrom. He seemed to have at least some understanding of the world around him.

It's really shocking how little they know. I didn't grow up with records or record players, but you show me that s*** and I'm like yea that's a record, it plays music idiot. I could have told someone that at a much younger age than they are.

I half expect them to whip out a black berry and them be like "IDK a calculator?" Almost seems put on, cause they're pretty ******* dumb.

Also Zadina said in response to the moon shoes: "I don't know... Shoes to be poor?" I like that so much that I am hereby switching my opinion on Zadina officially. This is a future 90 pt winger we have and if anyone calls him Zagina again I will lose my mind on you.

Millennial...

11 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Also Zadina said in response to the moon shoes: "I don't know... Shoes to be poor?" I like that so much that I am hereby switching my opinion on Zadina officially. This is a future 90 pt winger we have and if anyone calls him Zagina again I will lose my mind on you.

WTF I hate Zadina now.

Calvin Pickard, baby!!! 27 years old, heading to his 6th NHL team (Colorado, Vegas, Toronto, Philadelphia, Arizona, Detroit), waived twice last year. League minimum for depth, and he'll most likely play in GR unless Howard or Bernier are hurt, although he's expected to be given a shot to compete with Bernier for the backup role. But why the two year deal? And as far as i can see, it's not two way. Wouldn't that mean he'd need to clear waivers each time if he needs to come up, or is he good to move up/down freely in emergency callups? Can't say a team wouldn't grab him either, he's always found a team each time he's hit waivers. Maybe Yzerman is hoping he can push Bernier out and then trade him for late picks and some retained salary? If he can pull it off, i'm all for it, but big if.

On 7/4/2019 at 2:22 PM, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

twrh2xnc00311.jpg

HAHAHAHAHA

Just now, chaps80 said:

Calvin Pickard, baby!!! 27 years old, heading to his 6th NHL team (Colorado, Vegas, Toronto, Philadelphia, Arizona, Detroit), waived twice last year. League minimum for depth, and he'll most likely play in GR unless Howard or Bernier are hurt, although he's expected to be given a shot to compete with Bernier for the backup role. But why the two year deal? And as far as i can see, it's not two way. Wouldn't that mean he'd need to clear waivers each time if he needs to come up, or is he good to move up/down freely in emergency callups? Can't say a team wouldn't grab him either, he's always found a team each time he's hit waivers. Maybe Yzerman is hoping he can push Bernier out and then trade him for late picks and some retained salary? If he can pull it off, i'm all for it, but big if.

Love the Hype over a third back-up/farm team goalie! Keep it uppp!

As for Filpulla, i'm ok with it. Our roster is looking pretty damn thin. I can't believe the Leafs ditched Marleau's contract to Carolina (who promptly bought it out lol), traded Kadri for a half-priced Barrie and dumped the Zaitsev contract on Ottawa. It's like everything they needed to happen just went their way. Besides Marner..yet. But they have the money now. 

9 minutes ago, Akakabuto said:

Love the Hype over a third back-up/farm team goalie! Keep it uppp!

No hype, just facts. Pickard was brought in to challenge Bernier. If he can do that, it's a win. But he doesn't come with the best track record and the two year deal is one year too much imo.

1 hour ago, chaps80 said:

No hype, just facts. Pickard was brought in to challenge Bernier. If he can do that, it's a win. But he doesn't come with the best track record and the two year deal is one year too much imo.

Just for the record: I have no problems with the Pickard signing. He's solid and had some good numbers in his early NHL career. Last year wasn't any good but, I mean, he was a goalie for the flyers and coyotes. Still somewhat young too.

I would have liked to get McElhinney, but there was no reason for Yzerman to look at him unless he could move Howard or Bernier. Tampa got him for $1.3 million per for two seasons to back up Vaz. I dunno how that guy isn't making more money, especially after last season. He only got around a 400k raise...

15 minutes ago, chaps80 said:

I would have liked to get McElhinney, but there was no reason for Yzerman to look at him unless he could move Howard or Bernier. Tampa got him for $1.3 million per for two seasons to back up Vaz. I dunno how that guy isn't making more money, especially after last season. He only got around a 400k raise...

Yah.  He killed it laat year.

Anyone know if we still have van potellberghe’s rights??? I still think the kid has some upside and will be his teams #1 goalie again , I thought he had to be signed by June and didn’t see that he got signed but I still see him on wings depth chart lists I find online

Edited by nyqvististhefuture

Totally forgot sabres got Colin Miller , so that’s miller,dahlin,montour,jokiharju .... ristolainen is 100% going to get dealt 

anyone do a athanasiou for ristolainen move ?hes good for 40+ pts per ... sucks for our offence up front but our back end is complete garbage

very unlikely they’d deal with us but I can’t see anything else we’d part with that they’d want from us with them likely trying to compete now

1 hour ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Totally forgot sabres got Colin Miller , so that’s miller,dahlin,montour,jokiharju .... ristolainen is 100% going to get dealt 

anyone do a athanasiou for ristolainen move ?hes good for 40+ pts per ... sucks for our offence up front but our back end is complete garbage

very unlikely they’d deal with us but I can’t see anything else we’d part with that they’d want from us with them likely trying to compete now

The guy is a -143 in his NHL career (just over 5 seasons). Hard Pass. The closest player to his -41 last season was -22 and it's even worse if you just look at the defensemen +/-. Sucks for our offense up front and even worse for our defense.

11 hours ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Anyone know if we still have van potellberghe’s rights??? I still think the kid has some upside and will be his teams #1 goalie again , I thought he had to be signed by June and didn’t see that he got signed but I still see him on wings depth chart lists I find online

capfriendly says yes

https://www.capfriendly.com/teams/redwings/reserve-list

16 hours ago, SwedeLundin77 said:

The guy is a -143 in his NHL career (just over 5 seasons). Hard Pass. The closest player to his -41 last season was -22 and it's even worse if you just look at the defensemen +/-. Sucks for our offense up front and even worse for our defense.

Buffalo is horses*** so I wouldn’t put too much stock into it , he plays a ton of minutes ands puts up 40+ a year , we have no one like that right now