• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Dabura

2019 Offseason Rebuild Thread, Pt. 2 - What's the Yzerplan?

Rate this topic

Everything is 1-2 year bridge deals. Yzerman is planning a massive overhaul, but needs 2 years for bad contracts to expire. And then we will have some legit prospects, tons of cap room, and all kinds of spots for young guys and anyone we trade for. Be excited folks this may take time, but it's about to get exciting!

Extra-Extra.jpg

3 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Landon Ferraro 2.0

And he doesnt compare many to Lando, take Carl's word for it, this guy is legit. 

5 hours ago, Euro_Twins said:

Everything is 1-2 year bridge deals. Yzerman is planning a massive overhaul, but needs 2 years for bad contracts to expire. And then we will have some legit prospects, tons of cap room, and all kinds of spots for young guys and anyone we trade for. Be excited folks this may take time, but it's about to get exciting!

Extra-Extra.jpg

And he doesnt compare many to Lando, take Carl's word for it, this guy is legit. 

I think you are right about the 2 years. I think really only Helm is expiring after that 2nd year, but still think you're right.

57 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

So Is it even worth considering shattenkirk after he just got bought out for one season with the sole intention of hoping he can have a good enough 5 months to ship him at the deadline for a decent return??

Yes

But would he consider Detroit? If I were him I'd sign a one year deal to come here, get a ton of PP time, pad my stats, and go to a contender for a run. But there are also other places he could go to and accomplish the same thing. 

23 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Yes

But would he consider Detroit? If I were him I'd sign a one year deal to come here, get a ton of PP time, pad my stats, and go to a contender for a run. But there are also other places he could go to and accomplish the same thing. 

Ya exactly , at this stage he’s in no position to be super picky , obviously he’s gonna go to a place that will benefit him and hopefully get another stupid team to give him a big contract but if Let’s say the pens offer him 1 mill And we have him 3 for one year I think he’d pick up and yes promise him Ppl time opportunities etc... 

we blew it with marleau so if we can land him for one year even if it costs a tad more $ ,with the cap space we have we shouldn’t even think twice , hopefully he and green would fetch us at least 2-3 2nds back and if we land shattenkirk hopefully means ericsson/Daley will be dealt ASAP 

41 minutes ago, Wheelchairsuperhero said:

Saw this. I like seeing these kinds of things even though I really have no idea what goes on when it comes to strength/conditioning. Read somewhere that Yzerman was really trying to get this guy.

Yzerman's going boot camp on these bums. No more is lazy and sucks on this team. I like to call it the Drouin Suplex. 

You all know we did have a strength and conditioning coach prior to this, right? This isn't some new innovation here, literally about as mundane a move as you can get. Also, I don't think that post is even accurate. From the online job posting, it seems Barwis is the owner of the firm he hired to find a coach for him. 

He basically had his secretary make a phone call to hire an outside service provider, and people think it's exciting. There's going to be a rash of heart attacks if he ever makes an actual good move.

4 hours ago, Buppy said:

You all know we did have a strength and conditioning coach prior to this, right? This isn't some new innovation here, literally about as mundane a move as you can get. Also, I don't think that post is even accurate. From the online job posting, it seems Barwis is the owner of the firm he hired to find a coach for him. 

He basically had his secretary make a phone call to hire an outside service provider, and people think it's exciting. There's going to be a rash of heart attacks if he ever makes an actual good move.

So its actually Steven who is lazy and who sucks?! I can’t keep up any more. 

7 hours ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Yzerman's going boot camp on these bums. No more is lazy and sucks on this team. I like to call it the Drouin Suplex. 

Read somewhere on twitter that Yzerman was shocked to see how far behind the red wings are regarding strength/conditioning/nutrition. 

If true; thats really dissapointing to hear. No excuse for a team that have the kind of pockets red wings do to not be on top of this. 

12 minutes ago, Akakabuto said:

Read somewhere on twitter that Yzerman was shocked to see how far behind the red wings are regarding strength/conditioning/nutrition. 

If true; thats really dissapointing to hear. No excuse for a team that have the kind of pockets red wings do to not be on top of this. 

Do you have a link?

I would hope that Yzerman plans on adding to the analytics as well...

Just realized Jake Gardner is still unsigned , at this point there’s no chance he gets signed longterm unless he takes like 4-5 mill per ... what are the chances he takes one year deal to try and redeem himself and get a bigger deal next summer ? 1 x6-7 per?  Think there’s like zero chances he picks wings over a contender but rather get him and flip him at the deadline over shattenkirk , those back problems must be a bigger issue than we know 

3 hours ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Just realized Jake Gardner is still unsigned , at this point there’s no chance he gets signed longterm unless he takes like 4-5 mill per ... what are the chances he takes one year deal to try and redeem himself and get a bigger deal next summer ? 1 x6-7 per?  Think there’s like zero chances he picks wings over a contender but rather get him and flip him at the deadline over shattenkirk , those back problems must be a bigger issue than we know 

I would LOVE for Yzerman to somehow cut ties with Ericsson and Daley and give 1-2 year deals to Gardiner and Shattenkirk. Maybe Green hits LTIR sooner rather than later and we'd only have to dump one of Ericsson or Daley. But I would not offer that much money.  I'd be looking at $3M per each player, per year.  I know it's the same amount of money (yours is 1 year, mine is 2) and we do have $10M in LTIR available.  I guess if they took maybe 1 year $5M a piece, that would be fine for a prove it to the rest of the NHL, but honestly, BOTH of those players are better than what we have now, with Hronek being the exception.  That is why I'd offer them 2 year deals.  But I don't think either of them come calling.  I am sure they's rather take a Prove It contract with a playoff team.  But one day, we will be on player's lists and we'll forget that we've gotten snubbed by these players.

I still am LMAO at Ryan Suter. He could have been our legit #1 guy in 2012 and still today.  I think if we landed him way back then, our playoff streak may still be intact and we may have been a little more attractive to other UFA's and who knows where we could be now.

21 hours ago, Buppy said:

How dare they. I generally like you but you appear to be playing resident contrarian edgelord these days, almost like you're perpetually grumpy and hate any sort of fun. 

It's okay to be mildly excited about little things, in fact I much prefer it to the usual pissing and moaning. I'm not sitting here rock hard over the move or anything. God forbid people find little things to be hopeful about during this period of irrelevancy for the Wings. 

21 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

I would LOVE for Yzerman to somehow cut ties with Ericsson and Daley and give 1-2 year deals to Gardiner and Shattenkirk. Maybe Green hits LTIR sooner rather than later and we'd only have to dump one of Ericsson or Daley. But I would not offer that much money.  I'd be looking at $3M per each player, per year.  I know it's the same amount of money (yours is 1 year, mine is 2) and we do have $10M in LTIR available.  I guess if they took maybe 1 year $5M a piece, that would be fine for a prove it to the rest of the NHL, but honestly, BOTH of those players are better than what we have now, with Hronek being the exception.  That is why I'd offer them 2 year deals.  But I don't think either of them come calling.  I am sure they's rather take a Prove It contract with a playoff team.  But one day, we will be on player's lists and we'll forget that we've gotten snubbed by these players.

I still am LMAO at Ryan Suter. He could have been our legit #1 guy in 2012 and still today.  I think if we landed him way back then, our playoff streak may still be intact and we may have been a little more attractive to other UFA's and who knows where we could be now.

Ya I’d only want one of them , and I don’t think we’d have room for both we already have a lot of guys to get rid of on the back end , could be wrong but don’t see Gardner taking 3 mill per , If he’s gonna try and redeem himself next year to get a longer deal with a one year deal it should be 5-6 mill I would think which I’d do in a second if we can land a first for him at the deadline or 2 2nds to go along with green as well hopefully 

i don’t think either of them would be longterm solutions for the wings so I’d personally only want them for one year with the sole intention of getting picks for the 2020 draft

On 8/2/2019 at 7:45 AM, Akakabuto said:

HAY, I said, I said HAY....  Little Caesars Pizza is a balanced meal!!

On 8/2/2019 at 8:35 AM, Akakabuto said:

This makes a lot of sense when you think back over the last decade or so and the rash of similar injuries we've had... groins, ligaments, etc

Edited by mackel

2 hours ago, Dabura said:

Who is this guy? Lol I’ve seen videos of him on YouTube but I can’t take him seriously 

So forget what ken Holland wants for puljujarvi, what do you think is a realistic trade he’ll end up doing for him? Part of me wants to take a swing at this guy now more with the filppula signing Cause word is he was lost in Edmonton with no other Finns and not speaking English , surely playing on the 3rd line with filppula and maybe a youngster would help him?

vegas 2021 3rd + svechnikov ?... think a player like glendening/helm(provided we eat some $) might be in the cards? Really think they’re desperate to try and get in the playoffs and I can’t imagine a team trading a 20-21 yr old top prospect guy for puljujarvi so I think Holland will have to settle for less, people say let him stay in Finland but his life is there and his family and friends so I don’t think that’s a big sacrifice for the kid as some people might think think it is and just means oilers are losing an asset 

Edited by nyqvististhefuture

3 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Who is this guy? Lol I’ve seen videos of him on YouTube but I can’t take him seriously 

A hockey fan doing what he loves: talking hockey. I like hearing what he has to say about stuff. When it comes to the Wings, it's nice to get a well-informed outsider's take.